Warning! Imposter Moderator!

Monday 20/08/2007, 22:31
StormWhisper - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
11 messages
StormWhisper - Titan - Wise Men DistractedEnglish - Monday 20/08/2007, 22:31

There is someone running about posing as me asking for passwords. DO NOT Under any circumstances give him your password. I nor any other real member of the UR staff would ask for your password.

If you receive a message from anyone posing as a moderator, and they ask for your password, notify me or another Moderator/Admin immediately and we well take care of the individual. Please don't delete the message from your inbox as we can use that as evidence.

While the person posing as me has been stopped for the time being, if you receive a message from Storm Wind Evo that is NOT me. As I said before, I would not ask you for your password and do NOT give this person your password.

StormWind
« Previous12Next »

2/11
StormWhisper - Titan - Wise Men Distracted English
Monday 20/08/2007, 22:38

Adding to this list are StormWind EV0 (with a 0) and StormWind both are already blacklisted, but there will probably be more. If they do not have a Moderator tag they are not me.

We are working to get this individual under control

StormWind
3/11
Mindless Mind - Legend - Open Casket English
Monday 20/08/2007, 22:46

Yeah, get him and squeze him
4/11
Monday 20/08/2007, 22:53

We're working to shut him down. We've already blocked 3 accounts he's created and hopefully soon will put an end to this nonsense.

StormWind
5/11
Symbolic - Hero English
Tuesday 21/08/2007, 00:51

Wow I hate when people try to do that...but I'm glad you guys are aware of it and are shuting him down as fast as possible...It's good to see UR as such good staff.
6/11
W M Daexen - Moderator - Wise Men Distracted English
Tuesday 21/08/2007, 04:57

Lol...we should all keep a lookout. I doubt that StormWind here will be the only victim of "Moderator Identity Theft" =)
7/11
Blu Sevens - Imperator Русский
Tuesday 21/08/2007, 06:26

Thanks to Moderation for warning and taking care of that guy. *sigh* ...I hate it when people do things like this.
8/11
Tuesday 21/08/2007, 09:48

As an update we've identified who the person is and they shouldn't be causing any further problems. While some other yahoo might try this in the future, (though we certainly hope not), the best rule of thumb is not to give out your password to anyone. It's not a new scam by any means where someone will claim to be staff and try to get your password.

I can assure you that here, no real staff member will ever ask you for your password.

StormWind
9/11
LilKing - Hero English
Tuesday 21/08/2007, 16:20

You people are dum you hate people who do that this is the first time they did it so why would you hate people who do that when this is the first time they did this

P.S. I'm talking about you 2people Daexen WMD and Blu Sevens
10/11
W M Daexen - Moderator - Wise Men Distracted English
Wednesday 22/08/2007, 04:20

FYI - this isn't the first time that this type of scam has been attempted. There have always been people who try to get everything from nothing - even though this is just a game, that is the same kind of scam that can lead to identity theft in the real world. My dislike is for people who try to take advantage of others, whether they succeed or not and I'm happy to see that the administration and moderators of this game feel similarly.

BTW - I'm curious to know why you would want to defend them, Lilking.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals