Fair play

Fair play
Tuesday 01/08/2006, 12:26
Fraggle - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
21 messages
Fair play
Fraggle - Admin - Clint StaffEnglish - Tuesday 01/08/2006, 12:26

In order to fight agains't unfair players who let the games run out, each player unfairness will be evaluated at the end of the day.
We take account expired games on your turn vs fully played games.

Example: if I play 100 games and let 10 run out, I will have a value of 10.

Values between 0 and 5 (inc) will be considered "green".
Values between 5 and 10 (inc) will be considered "orange".
Values above 10 will be considered "red"

Thoses colors will appear very soon in the players list and on every player's profile.
« Previous123Next »

2/21
Kedanna - Titan - Immortals Souls English
Tuesday 01/08/2006, 16:45

I've had a problem myself a few times, when I'll ask someone to play, and then later rather getting a reply from them, getting a message saying the game has timed out. Is that an error on my side or on the games side? I'd hate to be anything but green if I can help it.
3/21
Tuesday 01/08/2006, 16:49

Aslo, I would love to see the cute smily faces on the rankings page too if that would be possablie.
4/21
1st_Griffin - Veteran English
Tuesday 01/08/2006, 16:52

I had the same problem as kedanna,but 3 times
5/21
A Ravenshadow - Guru - The Gathering English
Tuesday 01/08/2006, 17:39

Any chance we could have the little faces show when someone challanges you?

Love the idea, but it only seems useful when you are the person doing the challanging.
6/21
StormWhisper - Titan - Wise Men Distracted English
Tuesday 01/08/2006, 19:22

This is definately a step in the right direction. Can you add people just not answering challenges to this meter as that will immediately become the new way to "Beat the system"
7/21
Coure - Titan - FairPlayers English
Tuesday 01/08/2006, 21:56

None of this solves the problem of people simply leaving after the 3rd round. They may not get any points (for ELO) but neither do you. If all my games had been completed I would have had more points over the month
8/21
Tuesday 01/08/2006, 22:04

Mmm maybe more of an ignore list, like if you know someone plays slow, or doesn't answer, you can add them to a list, where you will no longer see that person?
9/21
hudy - Master English
Wednesday 02/08/2006, 01:49

And how U want to eliminate playest who are invisible?

The best will be to have this smile beside chalenge offer too

Plus now what happened to me. I was chlanged by one I accept battle but he do not played and in the batle I was chalanged by someone else.
10/21
Fraggle - Admin - Clint Staff English
Wednesday 02/08/2006, 06:12

First, to answer someone's question, no, you'll not get a lower rating if the match has not begun and it expired.
Second, the info when -receiving- challenges will be added soon.
Third, not answering challenge will not be "the new way to beat the system" as it is really not useful to be in a game just to
"not answer challenges" (and you cannot send a challenge if you haven't answered a waiting one).
And last but not least, as already said, in ELO, if someone let the game timeout, he will be -punish- at the end of the day
(severly). (and the ratio of "timed out" games in elo vs "correct" games in quite fine)

You have to understand that it is NOT possible to avoid all the problems if some people just don't want to play fair.
For example, some people dont "let the game timeout" as a strategy but simply quit because they don't like to lose, over time
they will become orange, then red, and nobody will want to play with them.. maybe they will learn

With over 600 players connected at time, I'm sure you'll be able to find the right peoples.

« Previous123Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals