Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Is there a way we could introduce a tourney with structure?

Monday 18/10/2010, 20:33
ShazamFTW - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
19 messages
ShazamFTW - Titan - Time To Hymn YouEnglish - Monday 18/10/2010, 20:33

So, right now, if I wanted to play in a tournament....

A)I play in the regular fights room every other, and play as many matches as possible. If my opponent plays slow, oh well.

B)I play in a Deathmatch, where if I can't auto-match an opponent in time or my opponent plays slow, oh well. (And there are several times I've been at the start of a Deathmatch, gone 5-0, and lost because somebody else went 5-2... I fail to see why we are rewarding them for playing worse and faster)

What I would REALLY like to see is some sort of 8 or 16 person single elim tourney (or double elim swiss, whatever makes you happy. Heck, do all of them, I'm not picky) that just runs when it fills. It wouldn't punish me for playing the guy that forgot where the action button was. If there would be methodology for introducing this, I would be way more interested long term in this game.
« Previous12Next »

2/19
All-GioYNWA - Novice Português
Monday 18/10/2010, 21:57

3/19
TnT_Mathwiz - Imperator English
Monday 18/10/2010, 21:59

I would be interested in this. It would be like a mini event. However it would be difficult for the fact that players might leave half-way through the knockout tourney.
4/19
ShazamFTW - Titan - Time To Hymn You English
Tuesday 19/10/2010, 00:51

For the above hot link, there are entry fees to pay, they are user run, and not consistent. Unlike Deathmatches or the regular events.

I'm looking for something site sponsored, not user based. If players left halfway through, then they forfeit the next match and things move on. You could blatantly note that playing in that room would mean 4-5 matches in a row, so be prepared.

With all the people that play for an hour straight in the regular tournies, I don't think this is that implausable.
5/19
SadisticCynic - Hero English
Tuesday 19/10/2010, 10:14

I think they should speed up DTs by making you play at least 5 matches in a row before you can choose to continue or not( or give you an option to do that, much quicker than pressing "enter" constantly), same with DMs, if you forfeit a match than you can stop the stream of battles/
6/19
Tuesday 19/10/2010, 20:31

So, here's a thought process....

You simply have 16 slots. You have to not only enter the room, but you have to click on a "Fill Empty Slot" or something in the room. At that point, a window pops up and notes "Please be advised by entering this tournament, you will be committed to playing up to 4 matches in a row. Don't join unless you have the time!"

Once in, each round has a specific start time. For simplicity sake, we'll say the tournaments fills & starts at 12:00. At that point, the listing bar below (which normally has the rankings for a DM or shows where you're ranked in the hourly tournament) would reflect the current match-ups, scores if completed, and then show when the next round is scheduled to start. If everyone finishes early, I believe it would still be best to start the next round at that stated time. (That way those that finish early can run off to the bathroom, go get a sammich, I dunno), but I wouldn't anticipate the times to be too unruly (i.e. not like a 15 minute break in between rounds, I think 8 minutes would suffice).

The whole thing would maybe take half an hour at best (8 minutes a round, basically 1 min per turn), you would have a nice structured event, it would still go "quickly" for the standards in this game, and as far as rewards, you could have it mirror deathmatches, which are rewarding, just not disgusting.

I would absolutely LOVE to see something like this implemented....
7/19
maki_mUR - Legend - Dragons Cro Clan English
Tuesday 19/10/2010, 21:12

I would love to see that too. Hope something like this gets done... Player made events are not organised enough, because you have to face a specific player, and sometimes it's hard to arrange a match with him (time zones etc.). That's why they're too slow in my opinion.
8/19
mihalll7_UM - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Tuesday 19/10/2010, 22:31

I would like to see it maybe in that way
XX:00 - start entering and filling the slots, match-ups
XX:10 - first round
XX:20 - second
XX:30 - third (semifinal)
XX:40 - final
XX:50 - conclusion (prizes)

that would work for 16 players if I'm not mistaken
you can of course give little time, but in that ten minutes I inlcluded a fight and a little break
this way it would work nice I think, but it is still an idea to be thought over when it comes to its form

I would really like that
9/19
Thursday 21/10/2010, 22:37

Yeah, I just don't like how virtually everything on here hinges my success on my opponents playing fast or slow. This would solve that.
10/19
cambovenzi - Veteran English
Saturday 23/10/2010, 03:52

Definitely something i've been interested in for awhile.
speed play, fast dec, and hope your opponent isnt bad/slow isnt much of a tourney at all.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals