Higher attack, but lost?
Monday 03/01/2011, 13:09
clare louise - Veteran English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
9 messages
Higher attack, but lost?
clare louise - Veteran English - Monday 03/01/2011, 13:09

Hi,

I had a quick scan and couldn't see anything on this, but apologies if there are some threads somewhere.

I just finished playing the T1 type tournament, and had around 10 games. In four of those games, I had a round where I had the higher attack but I still lost the round. Why is this? In these games I never had any rounds which I won with a lower attack.

Is the winner of a round random sometimes? In some cases I had an attack 10 higher then my opponent, but I still lost. Is this correct?

Thanks for any help with this question. I'm just really confused. Especially since it happened 4 times in one tournament,

2/9
A Unicron - Imperator - Vengeful Little Ponies English
Monday 03/01/2011, 15:08

"In the event of equal attacks in a non random room, the player controlling the lower level character wins the round. If both the characters are at the same level, then the player controlling the attacking character wins."

From FAQ page.
3/9
ALG_Rairyuu - Guru - ArchLightning English
Monday 03/01/2011, 15:14

You must've been playing with normal mode. .
In normal mode, the random factor applied, "the higher your attack, the higher your -chances- to win". .
So if you have 20 attack, your opp have 16 attack, then you have a win probabilities with 20/36, or around 55%. .
So its just your luck or not. .
BUT...
If you have a win probabilities of 67% or more, then you absolutely win that round. .
E.g. : you have 20 attack, your opp have 10 attack, then you have 20/30, or 67% chances. .
In that case, you'll win the round. .
To make it easy, if your attack >= 2x your opp attack, then you'll win the round. .
4/9
Saveroftime - Hero - TRiNiTY English
Monday 03/01/2011, 15:39

I am also confused, I also have the same problem..
5/9
Monday 03/01/2011, 17:13

Hi,

Thanks for that response ALG_Rairyukami. I never realised that there was a probability chance. It is a little annoying when you never seem to win any of these rounds though! Hopefully it will even out.
6/9
Monday 03/01/2011, 17:15

Hi,

Just another question then. You said that I must have played in normal mode, but how do I change the mode? I play on my iphone/ipod.

Thanks.
7/9
Nintendan WMD - Titan - Wise Men Distracted English
Monday 03/01/2011, 17:16

Http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/3989/norandom.jpg

Click it, this will make it so the higher attack always wins.
8/9
Monday 03/01/2011, 21:14

Thanks for that Nintendan WMD. I've changed that, and hopefully it will stay the same on the IPhone.
9/9
-Roswell- - Senior - guild of winners some day English
Tuesday 04/01/2011, 20:49

The question is if it stays the same on the app as here on the net...

Lets hope it does as I changed it there as well.

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals