Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Same attack with a lower level card and still lost?

Tuesday 11/01/2011, 21:17
0 Rowan LoA - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
18 messages
0 Rowan LoA - Titan - Legends of AmericaEnglish - Tuesday 11/01/2011, 21:17

I've read on the FAQ that if 2 characters with the same attack go at it the lowest level of the 2 will win. However, when I had a 2* 28atk Wardog go against a 3* 28atk Gianfranco I STILL lost.

How is this possible?

I used 5 pills on Wardog and the opponent used 4 pills on Gianfranco. Because of Gianfranco's ability, I was hit with -12 attack which brought Wardog to 28.

Be aware I'm using an Ipod Touch to play the game and I'm in the ELO which has random turned off.
« Previous12Next »

2/18
W M Daexen - Moderator - Wise Men Distracted English
Tuesday 11/01/2011, 21:51

Make sure you have random turned off. You can play ELO with random on which would explain this situation.
3/18
TheDongBomb - Guru - aussie crusaders English
Friday 14/01/2011, 15:43

If two cards have the same attack and same star count the player that went first will always win.

i hope that helps you.
4/18
xNipple - Novice English
Friday 14/01/2011, 17:45

TheDongBomb is correct. If you draw in attack, the lower star count wins. If both characters have equal star count, the character that was first played in that round wins. And i agree with WMDaexen, make sure that random is turned OFF. I have never played in elo whilst it was on the random setting. But, i do know a few people that frequently get 1300 elo, that always us random mode.
I dont see why UR even has this mode.
5/18
0 Rowan LoA - Titan - Legends of America English
Saturday 15/01/2011, 01:27

Wardog is 2 stars though and Gianfranco is 3. =/ It happened again today when a 3 star card of mine with the same attack lost to a 4star card.

Anyway, so what Im gathering here is that even though matches in ELO room are SUPPOSED to be non-random, players can still choose to set a match to random if they want?
6/18
xNipple - Novice English
Saturday 15/01/2011, 02:26

You can only go against someone with the same random setting as you.
In my case, i can only be matched up against people that use Non-Random.
Some can only get matched up to other players that have their option set to Random.
And the rest just get Random and Non Random.
7/18
Mapoko - Titan - URBAN MADNESS English
Saturday 15/01/2011, 15:02

When I played there wasnt "no random". But I had a 2 years "vacation"
Now when I came back I was surprised as well. Here is what you need to know :

*NOTE* Only for no-random option.

Equal attack + Different card levels = Lower level wins.
Equal attack + Equal card levels = Attacker wins.
8/18
iSpork - Hero - teh Übernoobs™ English
Friday 21/01/2011, 17:37

There are three settings to the random scale, and I find them totally inaccessible on my ipod. I can choose a room that appears to have a setting, but cannot adjust my preferences. So I adjust them on my pc.

>Any/Indifferent: where you play at your opponent's or the rooms default
>Normal: Where it's random
>No Random/Non Random: You only face others who have chosen the same or Any.

I don't see an ELO room that, by default, has the Random turned off, so I suspect you may have your personal setting still on the default of "Any" or perhaps "Normal." Hop on a pc to change it.
Or maybe the opponent had an un-filled star? I've mixed that up.
Hope I haven't confused things more.
9/18
azarel41 - Veteran English
Monday 24/01/2011, 03:51

Actually I am facing the same problem as Rowan LoA, where in one of my ELO games, experienced the same incident where my lower level card (Nahi Cr) lost to a higher level card (Jalil) even though both cards have the same AR and not to mention that my card was played first in the turn. I am also using an ipod touch 4g. In my settings it has always been set to non random.

Also, has anyone noticed that for cards with the ability SOB, the skill does not 'kick in' even though there was no SOA in the opponent's card. It has happened to me twice already (first it was with Kuei (with revenge criteria fulfilled), another time it was with Burdock). Is it due to the new flash that has been implemented? I've only notice these irregularities ever since it was implemented. All this occured on my ipod touch.
10/18
azarel41 - Veteran English
Monday 24/01/2011, 05:55

*edit

typo mistake. Both Nahi Cr and Jalil are of the same level, except that Nahi Cr should have won the match as both cards had the same total ATK and Nahi Cr was played first.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals