Hello, I've been playing about 2 days now, bought some decks and have a few clans leveled up so far, mainly Montana, Piranah, and Nightmare. Played in a couple dailies with the below T1 mono pirate and have been getting crushed. Andsome, Hawkins, Scubb, Selma. Tyd, Tula, Spycee, and Taljion. Currently working toward a Smokey, but a couple questions.
1. First off should I being a new player be running mono pirate in DT's? It from what I have read it seems like it requires good reading ability, which I haven't developed yet.
2. Provided that I'd like to try a deck that may be a bit easier to play, referrably mono, but any suggustions would be apprecieated, which clan (s) would be good options?
3. Should I be focusing on T1 due to a smaller card pool?
1. Piranas work fairly on pill manipulation, as so they require u a bit extra guessing capability (most have lower power than average, so u shall overpill a bit but still end up with same or more thx to manip), also not so many 2HKO's (and remember, don't always pill 3 on each as i see many new players doing).
2.Montana are easy to play as they take 12 attack from ur opponents (possibly add Hugo as they have a min , Rescue too as they add 12 to yours(mono)... other nice options are Bangers (nice 2HKO's and power) and GHEIST (reasonable power, KO's and SoA wich helps a lot).
3. T1 or T2 it's a choice, if you want DTs to no more than 1/3 a 25* deck is perfectly fine, but once u get more cards and experience, may want to get to top 150 or even above, a 26-28* T2 deck or 20* T1 would be nice as the lower star cards get more points when beat higher star ones
I would go with the Freaks. They the least expensive clan in the guild and offer a variety of possibilities. The cards vary in possibileties and are very fun to play with. Whatever clan you choose, have fun.
Piranas aren't traditionally a good dt clan, but I do know people who do well with them. I'd suggest using your montanas in dts and staying in the T1 room until you get a little more comfortable. Just remember the most imprtant thing in a dt is to play fast, win or lose it just needs to be fast.
I disagree with joker's third point, although it is generally a good strategy, but I get in top 10 frequently with 25* T1 decks, its all about the speed
Thanks for the suggestions guys!! I made mono Monata with Hugo that I threw togeather about 10 min before, and ended up somewhere in the top 50-60ish (haven't gotten the award letter yet). This is by far much better than what I was struggeling with earlier, where I wasnt even posting a winning record in the DT's. I mainly kept in mind what you guys said as far as playing fast.
The deck I played:
Hugo, Edd, Gianfranco, Mona, Oscar, Prince Jr, Sharon, and Spiaghi.
Hopefully this will continue, it doesn't hurt that I was getting better/luckier with my pill mgt.
Seems like my MVPs were Gianfranco and Edd, played Vs anything with SoB and bonus combat abilities obv. I dont think I ever lost with Hugo either. He's a beast.
@Lorraine: True enough, although I think just playing one banned seems fine. It tends to allow me a lot of room for error and/or quicker play, and make plays I otherwise coudln't. Plus it probalby earns me quite a bit as well when my 2* takes out their 3-4* when it shouldnt and saves me pills to leave up for KOs.
I actually got 43rd in my first, and 39th in the last one I played. After playing it a bit moreI may try cutting the star count down or try T2 as Joker suggested.
Piranas are also good but require more strategy. Personally Montana is my favourite clan so it does hurt me when I take them out with Piranas, but those pirates are an extremely efficient counter - deck. I've scored a top 5 with:
Selma, Raeth, Scubb, Tyd, Taljion, Tula, Hawkins, Hawkins Noel and a splashed Lehane (or Trey) to take the star count above 25.
FAST IS FUN has won tournaments with decks similar to that (or I have scored well with similar decks, whichever way you want to look at it) so with some practise you can do well
Just for the sake of long-term thinking and "playing-mindset" for a beginner in UR, may I suggest, since you seem to favor DTs above the other formats, why not focus more on "earning clintz" than trying to "win a DT," as a mindset...at least FOR NOW.
After all, it seems like your still looking for "your style" and I don't believe many people can find "what they like" when they first start out. Having a goal of "earning clintz" rather than "winning a DT" is less daunting psychologically. But if you are NOT easily discouraged, more power to you .
With an "earning clintz" mentality, you can slowly BUT SURELY grab the (staple) cards you THINK you want. THen you are free to experiment more and follow the suggestions of many more helpers like the postERS above me You'll be OWNING like FiF in no time at all