Is the Nightmare Clan Now Worthless?

Tuesday 30/11/2010, 03:39
(UE)Daddy - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
11 messages
(UE)Daddy - Titan - The Unfound EffortEnglish - Tuesday 30/11/2010, 03:39

Hi all. I was hoping to get everyone's opinion about something... I've been slowly working my way through the clans, testing out different ones to see which are my favorites. I have had enormous success with every one I've "tested" so far (Uppers, Rescue, Pussycats, All Stars, and Freaks), but inspired by the release of the first Leader card, I decided to take the Nightmare out for a spin.

Frankly, I have almost come to the conclusion that the Nightmare are now fundamentally worthless. Between the relatively mediocre card attack values, the highly conditional abilities that are easily blocked, and the release of clans that are MUCH more effective in terms of attack, damage, abilities, and clan bonuses, I have found it almost impossible to win with a Nighmare/Ambre deck.

This is the makeup of my deck:

Ambre
Kolos
Erzsebet
Glorg
Kenny
Mawpin
Nerfeniti
Oshitune
Pan

I thought that this would be an effective deck, but between the other clans and the "flailers" (opponents who play very oddly - I lost one match against someone who pilled up Kenny in the first round, gained ten life points, and then sat back as I flailed against him, unable to do enough damage to win) I have dropped from an average win/loss ratio of 4/5 to a pathetic 1/10. (I just played twenty games in the last hour, and lost 19 with a single draw.) Am I wrong in thinking that the Nightmare clan are now fundamentally worthless? Or am I just playing them wrong? Opinions highly welcomed.
« Previous12Next »

2/11
Glowstick1717 - Imperator - aussie crusaders English
Tuesday 30/11/2010, 03:59

The deck you have described is terrible, drop some of the less useful cards there like the kenny (6 power is terrible, even with the Ambre soa will destroy him) and lower starred card (your playing in t2 man, why do you have Mawpin or nefereniti) and put in some other big cards such as Nistarok Ghumbo Estalt or Azgroth or even Vince, or make the sensible transition to type elo or t1, get rid of the Kolos and Ambre and make a big boy deck. the key to your failure is your inablity to actually pay attention to the deck you are creating, i played Nightmare for the first time the other day after the ld missions and found it far easier than most clans, and im sure most would agree with me there.
3/11
BlitzAssassin - Titan - Anime lovers 101 English
Tuesday 30/11/2010, 04:24

I use Ghumbo Ielena and Nistarok.I would only use Ambre in a T2 deathmatch..I ground my way though the legend mission,and am now so sick of nitemare that I haven,t even used the new card.The good thing about them is they keep things simple,and I have had good results with them in T1 and T2.Would recommend them to beginners,but if you are around Lev 40 you should be mixing it up a bit.
4/11
HonorGuard - Titan English
Tuesday 30/11/2010, 04:30

Idk what your doing with your deck, idk if its supposed to be T1 or T2

try:
Ambre/Morphun (Morphun since im assuming your on the last mission and pills = win in survivor)
Kolos
Ghumbo
Nistarok
Glorg
Kenny
Oshitsune
lelena/Graks (if you want the extra reducer)

Also, pilling up kenny is perfectly normal, its just what you do with the card capable of making the biggest life gap in the game.

And besides, everyone knows the fundamentally worthless clan in this game is Vortex (hehe cheap shot ftw)
5/11
(UE)Daddy - Titan - The Unfound Effort English
Tuesday 30/11/2010, 04:35

Ah, I see the problem now. When I assembled the deck I was looking more at interactions between the abilities rather than effective cards. I'll try your suggestion for T2, then maybe try T1/ELO in a week or two. Thanks for the helpful (and condescending!) response.
6/11
(UE)Daddy - Titan - The Unfound Effort English
Tuesday 30/11/2010, 04:37

BTW, my response was for the first responder. I thank everyone for their input (and I agree HonorGuard, so far I'm not really all that impressed with Vortex. )
7/11
BlitzAssassin - Titan - Anime lovers 101 English
Tuesday 30/11/2010, 05:20

Sorry ,just that I,m sick of playing with and against nitemare.The Legend missions should have been released at the same time.This would have avoided the glut of nitemare action.I found the T2 deathmatches the best place to get some of the missions done as thay are quick,and no one cares.Oh ,and I feel the Vortex have potential,and have unlocked some of it,and am sure we will see a noel character from the afore mentioned clan.lol
8/11
Glowstick1717 - Imperator - aussie crusaders English
Tuesday 30/11/2010, 05:41

My appologies for the condescending attitude, i have just been annoyed by the barragement of topics from people suggestig clans arte useless because they are playing them wrong, no clan is worthless, decks are useless, anyways sorry for being a **** about it
9/11
dim_collision - Senior - Heavenly Heights English
Tuesday 30/11/2010, 10:47

I dont think its useless.. Im using Nightmare for the first time for the Ld missions and its good.. Their bonus is so useful.. Ambre + Kolos would be nice since you can 1hko with Kolos when adding him 2 damage + the 3 more power, will give a better chane of winning..
Im using:
Hugo (I dont have Ambre), Kolos, Ghumbo, Nerfeniti, Oshitsune, Nistarok, Lelena, Azgroth
I just borrowed the cards from a clanmate though..
10/11
TalS - Legend - D-Versified English
Tuesday 30/11/2010, 12:03

Nightmare? Useless?
Hell no!
Oshitsune and Glorg, put them with Mawpin and Phylis and you got a great 12* half deck, which is very low for a DT deck.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals