Next Clan???

Next Clan???
Thursday 19/11/2009, 21:45
What-The-Hell - Novice English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
378 messages
Next Clan???
What-The-Hell - Novice English - Thursday 19/11/2009, 21:45

As modt of us know, every 6 months a new clan arrives in clint city, on this thread you should post your ideas to what they could be
eg: Skeelz-school Freaks-circus Sentinel-cops
« Previous12...3132333435363738Next »

351/378
OC-Vanity - Veteran - Open Casket English
Thursday 03/01/2013, 05:06

Hold on you may be on to something, what if a clan's bonus was team: +3 attack, therefore in mono it's not better or worse than Rescue and in half decks it beefs up your other cards put leaves them with a paltry +6 (normally). Could certainly call for interesting play.
352/378
TheDoomBug - Legend - Limit Break English
Thursday 03/01/2013, 10:03

Rescue that can play half? That's... actually a cool idea. But it depends on how Team works (either one alone or all in effect) and if the staff would consider non-Leader Team effects.

I would prefer Team: -3 Opp Attack, Min 5, just to try an make it less of a Rescue-ripoff.

Important question: What happens when faced with SoB? Does your card only lose it's effect, but keep the others? That would make it's bonus rather resistant to Piranas and Nightmare.
353/378
mahawirasd - Titan - Immortality English
Thursday 03/01/2013, 12:31

How's that different to the current Rescue bonus tho?

even as a Leader it would seem so similar to Hugo...

perhaps we can go for a bonus of -9 atk min. 5?
354/378
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Thursday 03/01/2013, 20:54

Vanity: That's a pretty cool idea... I think it would have to be worded as "Support: Enhance Team Bonus +3 attack" So that if a card is up against something with SoB, that additional +6 is shut down as well -- if nothing could mitigate it, it would definitely be OP...

This might give a little bit of life to old attack manip clan cards that just don't have what it takes to hit anymore. Ficcanaso, Milovan, etc become very ELO-worthy cards as long as you draw them in a 2/2 hand. Sakrohm's SoB/CoB lineup becomes very dangerous as well. I worry a bit about certain cards becoming way too hard to stop, however, strong SoB and CoB setups make it so that a deck like that is not exactly risk-free to run... And of course, a 3/1 hand would be at a bigger disadvantage than usual, as well.
355/378
Thoazol - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Thursday 03/01/2013, 22:01

I would imagine that in case of a Team:bonus being cancelled it would mean that the bonus would be stopped for good. So in the case of Team: -3 Opp Attack, Min 5 in mono. First round, the card would still get -9 opp attack from the other cards, if that card's bonus would be cancelled. And the remaining cards would also get the -9, because the 4th one was cancelled.
356/378
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open Casket English
Saturday 05/01/2013, 15:39

Omg thoazal your post from last page made me laugh so hard nice one recalling threads from 'last year'.

I think we need a heal bonus, since theres poison.

heal 2 max 12
357/378
fantasyfreakvi - Titan - United Army English
Sunday 06/01/2013, 00:34

What about a protection: attack bonus? They would still be affected by power and damage manipulation, but they'd be able to go toe to toe with the Uppers and Montanas.

As for a theme, how about a Bizarro clan? Take some of the weakest cards form the other clans (like Bob Joby) and create a bizarro version that's the complete opposite and with competent stats and abilities.
358/378
mahawirasd - Titan - Immortality English
Sunday 06/01/2013, 02:38

Heal 2 max 10 or 9 would be better imho.
letting it go to 12 would make it a bit too OP and would presumably tend to go 50-50 after the first round
359/378
0 Nomi - Imperator - the courtyard of shadows English
Sunday 06/01/2013, 04:39

I've wanted "Copy: Opp Ability" as a bonus since Jungo were introduced. (Yes, i've been playing for that long)
Protection: Attack would be neat as an ability, it would be a rather useless bonus IMO.
About the flavour, it would be nice to see "Goverment"/"Polit" members to become a clan.
360/378
TheDoomBug - Legend - Limit Break English
Sunday 06/01/2013, 05:36

As a bonus, Copy: Opp Ability has too many flaws to work.

1. Balancing a card's stats and ability would be insanely difficult with that bonus.
2. Some card's abilities are useless against themselves. Try using Spiaghi's DR against him or Tobbie's PR.
3. Some cards don't have abilities or have abilities like Backlash.
4. Courage, Confidence, and Revenge will only be usable by the opponent; unless they play really badly, you're not going to copy those on the right turn.
5. Stop would be impossible to copy, barring strange card design. As far as I'm aware, only using CoA as an Ability against Mini Mund has even a chance of working.
6. Protection would be useless in the vast majority of situations.
7. If you're not playing Mono, Support is less effective.
8. Leaders can't be copied, probably. I base this assumption on their immunity to SoA and their functions.
9. Some abilities (like Bodenpower) are weak to work with a strong bonus or stats.
10. Nightmare and Piranas enviable abilities are protected by their bonus.

CoA would be an interesting Ability, but as a Bonus, it's just too random and weak. It would be a struggle to use, fight, or balance cards that are that opponent-dependant.

CoB would be easier on all fronts. It would create mirror-matches that weren't exactly "mirrors" and could be balanced similarly to Piranas and Nightmare (strongest against bonus-reliant clans).

Heal 2, Max 10 sounds fair to me. It would function similar to Freaks.

« Previous12...3132333435363738Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals