Click here if you forgot your password.

New bans in ELO

New bans in ELO
Monday 28/11/2011, 10:39
Orpheus - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
257 messages
New bans in ELO
Orpheus - Legend - §§ Les Gentlemen Ténébreux §§English - Monday 28/11/2011, 10:39

After months of trials and taking into account your views (forums, surveys and the X-Periment ELO event), we are officially changing the list of permanent ELO bans: Arkn, Toro, Ghumbo, Bonnie Ld, Sledg, Ulrich and Arno will be banned, while Uranus in now authorized.These changes will come into effect from the week commencing December 05.Happy gaming to you all in ELO mode!
« Previous12345678910...2526Next »

51/257
PhaserhawkLoA - Legend - Legends of America English
Monday 28/11/2011, 14:41

I can truly understand the bans, really I can, at least that is except for Arno. Why? My only thought is Gretchen was proving too powerful? Sledg, Toro, Ghumbo I get. Bonnie Ld, well, I think everyone saw this one coming. Ulrich, while I don't agree I understand, he was really making Pirana a little too powerful, my only issue is, where is their DR now? The other not sure is Arkn, I agree he is probably a little too powerful for his stats to bonus, to damage to combat manipulation ratio but.......GHEIST don't have a lot of options. What really bothers me is this, of the 7 bans 3 were 2 stars. thats a lot. 1 3 star, 1 4 star, and 2 5 stars, but the loss of 2 stars is always bothersome to me as generally, 2 stars are very hard to replace and if you can't you completely destroy decks. 3 stars, 4 stars, 5 stars, you can generally find replacemetns, but 2 stars? That's what sucks. Hopefully we will be getting some replacement cards with similar stats, until then RIP Roots, RIP GHEIST, RIP Pirana.
52/257
Orpheus - Legend - §§ Les Gentlemen Ténébreux §§ English
Monday 28/11/2011, 14:44

Hello,

Arkn was a pest in the GHEIST decks, because it made you waste pillz or take 4 damage. He was a pillar of mono GHEIST and this is why he was chosen (other characters can be more easily replaced).

Uranus is good, sure, but with all the Berzerk and Protect Power cards we now have, not to mention all the Life modifiers, she isn't that strong nowadays (although obviously very good), and the Sakrohm were underplayed since her ban.

Yayoi has a more balanced replacement and the Pussy have regained in popularity recently.

Ulrich was a pillar of mono Piranas, and was much more difficult to counter than Uranus because the Jungo, Berzerk,Roots, GHEIST and to some measure FPC and LaJunta were powerless against him.

Spyke is obviously very strong but still has some time to shine, when not banned by your votes.

Of course we will follow the evolution of the mode and your votes over the course of the weeks to come. In the meantime, we believe that the ELO mode is and will be more enjoyable for all after those changes.

Good game to you ELO'ers
53/257
kwecky_OK - Legend - Organized Konfusion English
Monday 28/11/2011, 14:50

What? you ban those, and take back Uranus, ok with Toro, Ghumbo and Sledg, but the rest aint good eneught for perma ban
54/257
Pilluminati - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Monday 28/11/2011, 14:50

Continued from post one:

Arno-i dont know what to make of his banning.i always found that he worked for everybody but me in elo,and some may say "oh,but look at his stats"-i know better.this is easily one of the most annoying cards in elo to face,because of hsi damage reducing.it doesnt matter if you have a STOP card in your hand or not,that damage is coming right off,and unless you were using Berzerk or fang pi/La Junta or even Pussycats in your deck,there was no way this card wouldnt put a dent i your road to victory.the surprising thing about this is that there isnt nearly asmuch backlash from the Roots players as usual when one of their cards get banned. i feel bad for the Roots players though,it hollows out their two stars officially(Gudvibz or Jeto anyone? LOL),but good riddance to an annoying card.

Uranus being unbanned-gameplay wise,i love having this card back in elo,but then i see Ulrich and Arno both going to the perma-bans list and think "ah,something seems wrong here";and maybe its just me,but the unbanning was unnecessary.the saks,despite having comicly risky 3 stars,didnt need another boost in elo,but why complain bout it now,right? i expect she'll get banned occasionally,and will rejoin Guru Cr and Sigma on the perma-banned list.

continued on post 3.
55/257
HotShot888 - Guru English
Monday 28/11/2011, 14:51

Inb4 jerremy being all "omg arkgn isntt op he is just ok like how r we suposd too play ghist now in elo"
Arkn - disagree, GHEIST have only one good 2* now
Toro - agree
Ghumbo - sorta agree
Bonnie Ld - no no no, should not be banned. It's a defeat card, come on
Sledg - well, I supose there isn't much you can do to counter him. Agree
Ulrich - sure, remove their staple... disagree
Arno - disagree. If Ulrich got banned, Jeena should too, not Arno. Arno has 4 power, gets owned by everything. Sure, he lowers the damage, but it doesn't matter, in most cases it's still 2 damage for 0-2 pillz
Uranus - ban her back. Now
56/257
AllKnowingGod - Senior - Vicious Salvo English
Monday 28/11/2011, 14:55

Arkn Arno and Ulrich LMFAO goes to show how noob elo players are if they are afraid of those cards
and imo all dr should get penalty points in dt!
57/257
Nightmare2233 - Imperator - Myridden Emrys English
Monday 28/11/2011, 15:05

I use nothing but Nights GHEIST and Piranas and now my decks are destroyed cuz someone cried cuz they couldn't beat Arkn or Ghumbo?? and Uranus is set loose?? WTF UR?? I see her every 3 battles and more often than not I lose because she took away all my damage so sad, loosing faith in the creators
58/257
The_HoAx - Hero English
Monday 28/11/2011, 15:10

Good job on continuing to show your hatred towards Roots, another pointless ban against them, they had 3 usable 2* and 2 of them aren't even that good.
For those of you saying Why would they ban a -4 damage, min. 2 and unban a -5 damage, min. 1, it's because they are different clans, Piranas were too good and Sakrohm was too weak so they banned/unbanned cards that would equalize them, unfortunately they banned/unbanned the wrong cards (I think Tyd or Raeth should have been banned and just give Sakrohm a good 2 and 3* rather than unbanning one of them).
Arkn is a good ban because it is one of Gheists primary cards and banning him will probably result into less GHEIST which means more diversity in ELO.
Bonnie Ld definitely is a weird ban but doesn't really affect Piranas in ELO as she was banned a lot.
Sledg and Ghumbo are good bans which should reduce the amount of Rescue and Nightmare a bit. Though I am surprised that Rescue didn't get another ban on one of their 3*.
59/257
Pilluminati - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Monday 28/11/2011, 15:16

Continued from post 2

in closing,i believe some of these bans just came out of left field.i dont think anyone was ever thinking "hey,look at that smug jerk with his Arno/Arkn here,i wish it would get permanently banned".i really believe cards like Greem,Bogdan,Olga,Mona,Robb Cr,Spiaghi,Raeth,Hawkins,possibly even chiara Leviatonn blaaster or Bristone could have been banned first.and thats what i dont get about it all...you guys say you're listening to our opinions,but i really just think that sometimes you're ignoring the bigger problems in elo at hand. the Sledg ban should have been right off the bat if he was never going to be let out in the first place...the Uranus unbanning,ive already explained what i think,but i really think honestly,that Wee Lee should have been let out also. maybe next time....
60/257
Xonia_LoA - Legend - Legends of America English
Monday 28/11/2011, 15:31

While I don't claim to know a lot about ELO... banning Ulrich means that the UR staff needs to release ANOTHER DR for Piranas really soon. Seriously... no DR at all is ELO legal for Piranas? That's... ridiculous. How does Piranas' ONLY DR get banned, and Nightmare gets a new 2* amazing DR (Artus) and there's nothing said about him?

/sigh... guess I'll go back to wondering how on earth I'll ever figure out competitive ELO.

« Previous12345678910...2526Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals