Goralion Admin Thursday 01/03/2012, 10:14
A bit more than three weeks ago we presented our Standard format project. After having read your comments we changed the way to implement it. No need to go back over the previous version of this project (you can read the 700 and more comments if you wish), I'm going to talk about the final version.
The goal is still the same : offer a scalable and restrictive format.
Today, we have to many playable characters in each clan. New players are lost with all these options while paradoxically, old players own the best characters but always play with the same ones. With the Standard format, we want to offer to the new and old players a more restrictive environment if they wish, with less options in each clan but more often renewed.
What will we do?
1/ Create a list of characters called "Standard" which will be reset half-yearly. In this list you'll find all characters (and LD too) released within the three last years before the update, Leaders, starter deck characters and characters released after the update. You'll find 13 to 16 characters in each clan. New clan will keep all their characters.
2/ We will create a new deck format:
Standard format: Standard characters only, 40 stars max., no double.
3/ T1 and T2 will be renamed in Extended and Extended 25.
Extended format: all characters are allowed, 40 stars max. no double, equivalent to the current T2.
Extended 25 format: Extended characters, 25 stars max., no double, equivalent to the current T1.
4/ Several changes will be made on the DT.
- The timer will be significantly reduced for all DT matches. From the first match you'll have the same timer as the one you have now above 100 points.
- We will create a list of penalized characters in DT which will be independent from the list of ELO banned characters. The rule will probably remain the same: -2 points for each penalized character un your 4 characters team. We might change the penalty in the future if necessary.
- T1 and T2 room will be merged in one single room Extended Fights. To allow you to play with 15 to 40 stars decks, the battle system will make you face opponents with similar decks. The DTs will always be in this room.
- There will always be a DT every other our but alternately with the two rooms, Extended and Standard. it means there will be a DT one hour out of 4 in the Extended room and the same in the Standard room.
- We will randomly give a collector to players ranked in the top 150 in DTs. We didn't decide the exact number of collectors yet nor the rules of the draw but we're thinking about 5 collectors a day.
I insist on the fact that with the system of matches against similar decks (which already exists on T1 and T2 rooms) you'll be able to build competitive decks with a small number of stars as you'll always face similar decks. Le big difference is that 25 stars decks will face slightly bigger decks and 26 stars decks will face slightly smaller ones. It doesn't happen now because of the rooms limits which don't match with the way DT decks are built.
5/ We will create two new battle rooms.
- Deathmatch Standard: just like the current DM T2 but with Standard decks.
- Survivor Standard: just like the current Survivor T2 but with Standard decks.
6/ We will also make some minor changes as:
- new packs in the shop with Standard characters only.
- sorting options in the collection to only see Standard characters.
- changes in the theme decks (we are still thinking about it).
- minor changes in the visuals of cards to make Standard characters easier to recognize.
You may notice that ELO won't change at all, the same for DM or Survivor rooms. Of course the Fight Club and the Warehouse won't change either.
About the deadline, with all these changes we cannot be sure it will be released on March. We are working on this project and we want to release it quickly but I can't give a date but it should be implemented before this summer.
You can post comments or send emails here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you and have fun!
Is it possible to put a standard 25 as well?
because to me, the point of standard is to limit the use of characters for more strategies and deck building, but having no star limit, its similar putting all the strongest characters in the clan together and not to worry about the star limit.
so with standard / standard 40, i doubt the low stars will be ever use
2481181251319 Novice Tuesday 06/03/2012, 05:49
I don't get it. What is this? What's going on?
jtsarnak Titan Friday 09/03/2012, 20:09
Why can't there be multiple, separate DTs every two hours instead? The prize support would still be based on participation in the given tournament (so yes, overall payouts would be lower because now the player base is split X ways). At least this way I can play in a competitive environment whether it is Standard or Extended and if you really want to make it worthwhile, have 25 and 40 star variants of both. So you'd be running four separate DTs in each DT hour. Points are tracked separately so you can't start in Standard 40 and finish in Extended 25 (or you could, but it would be self-defeating) and there would be 4 separate winners for each format (getting an overall smaller prize each).
This would also be more balanced as you're not throwing all the different formats in the same tournament (since most DT players swear by playing lower star decks in T2 right now because of the scoring advantages this has over the other formats).
Is there a good reason this would not be feasible?
@douchegabz: I doubt it was changed due to people whining. It was changed because people came up with good suggestions on how it could work and how it won't work.
If they gave into the Whiners there would be no standard format at all lol.
2481181251319 Novice Sunday 11/03/2012, 05:56
Someone explain to me what is going on. Is the game going to change? I don't like change. D: