Changes to how battle points are calculated

Wednesday 13/06/2012, 14:06
Boing - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
237 messages
Boing - Legend - Clint StaffEnglish - Wednesday 13/06/2012, 14:06

As well as allowing you to level up, battle points are also key to the Daily Tournaments as the ranking system is based on the number of battle points won. We have decided to update the way in which these points are calculated by simplifying the system and making it less dependent on the number of stars a deck contains and more dependent on the development and outcome of the fight. You’ll find all the details on this new points calculating system in the rules by clicking here. This change is now in place, including during the DTs.
« Previous12...1718192021222324Next »

221/237
ghelas - Admin - The Trend English
Friday 22/06/2012, 18:50

@ Trippie: I see your point... But I look at it this way. While another method of collecting feedback might be a little redundant, I think it would still be a good idea. UR is a community driven game, IMO the developers need to pay attention to how the community feels in order for the game to thrive (which they seem to be doing rather well lately!)

It would probably take about 2 minutes of work to make a suggestions thread, and checking it once or twice a week might yield some good results. I figure that can't be a bad thing, right?
222/237
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Monday 25/06/2012, 11:40

Adding a suggestions thread would just double the work for the staff where as emailing them using the green ? at the top of the page is easyer and sends all suggestions to 1 place.

p.s they also do surveys sometimes: http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/961354/New-Shop
223/237
Raptor WMD - Master English
Monday 25/06/2012, 23:18

@ DeepEnd
"That streak bonus makes 4-round games a viable strategy; if you can make 13 win streak you get automatically 20 more points per game - that means DR cards and strategy is now one possible way to victory since winning is much more important. This is not overkill since getting that long streaks is very hard and your bonus is reset on first lose.

This way for example low star skill deck can win in DT even if it plays half the number of games of high star KO deck that can chew sheer number of games and ignore the loses that way."

This does the opposite. If you get +x bonus 20 times it's much better then getting it +x 10 times. What the win streak bonus does is reward you for playing broken cards like Jackie Cr by effectively canceling out the penalty. Winning is important winning fast is still a must for placing high. Just like in DM. Way to steal my avatar BTW.

@ L8RDAYS Losing is and has never been rewarded in DT's. Just losing fast is better then playing slow. It is still the same. Always has always should be. DTs aren't like ELO and thank god for it. ELO's ban list and the fact that a event takes a full week justifies allowing people to play slow. DTs are the opposite anything that rewards slow play has no place. If you like slow draw out games play survivor or ELO and leave DTs and DM to the players who like quick games.

I'm not a fan of the latest changes. Really the system only needed a few tweaks to the -penalties.
224/237
Dragon1der - Legend - Limit Break English
Tuesday 26/06/2012, 09:26

The ban list is a good thing. If I had my way about it the only place permaban cards could be played would be in the fight club room (aka anything goes so enjoy your broke cards here).
225/237
Wolfwitness - Hero English
Tuesday 26/06/2012, 19:24

@224
That is if they ban the actual broken ones, not gimp certain clans by taking away staples like what happened with the ELO bans several months back. And for that reason I'm glad UR is not taking your way.
226/237
Tuesday 26/06/2012, 21:41

Most of the ones on the permaban list are broken. That's why they are there. The ones that are player voted each week see some of the broken ones too that haven't made it onto the permaban list yet. Others are just a nuisance that players voted on to be rid of temporarily.
UR will never do it my way so your (and the majority of our players) "win at all costs" mentality will remain and prevail. What most people have lost sight of is this is a game. It doesn't have any long term value or meaning. You won't get paid more or get more time off work in the real world for being the biggest bad*%# in this game. It's supposed to be entertainment.
227/237
Wolfwitness - Hero English
Wednesday 27/06/2012, 01:24

The "win at all costs" mentality is pretty much unavoidable if you're going to promote competition in the game (ELO, DTs and such). Yes there are plenty plenty of people out there who take it too far, but what can you really do about it? Take away a cheap method to win and someone will eventually find a new one, if you take that one away lo and behold another one will be found. It's primal instinct, subconsciously one will WANT to be on top in any competition.
228/237
Goralion - Admin - E X C A L I B U R English
Wednesday 27/06/2012, 16:54

Hello everybody, the planed modifications are currently being finalised ; be ready for an announcement before the end of the week.

About the DT points penalty, here is the system we are going to use :

3 groups of penalties :

A TYPE (10 points) : Guru Cr, DJ Korr Cr, Vickie Cr, Lyse Teria Cr, Alec Cr, Marco Cr, Kiki Cr, Jackie Cr, Zatman, GraksmxxT,Kolos, Ambre, Hugo, General Cr.

B TYPE (5 points) : Striker, Marina, Shann, Naginata, Rolph, Toro, Sylth, Rowdy, Emeth, Oshitsune, Shakra, Ratanah, Wee Lee,Tanaereva Cr, Copper, Hawk, Sledg, Kerry, Eyrik, Eklore, Morphun, Spyke, Caelus Cr, Ghumbo, Yayoi, Askai, Dorian, Cliff,Bogdan, Avola, Blaaster Cr, Lou .

C TYPE (2 points) : Gil, Sigma, Uranus, Lehane, Elvira, Bristone, Olga, Robb Cr, Leviatonn, Arno, Spiaghi, Artus, Jessie, Mona,Bonnie Ld, Chiara, Lea .

The A TYPE groups together the cards considered too powerful (OSK cards for example). We aim to stop the possibility to top with those cards using strong penalties.
The B and C TYPES group together the cards with a high synergy, or high potential, enough to deserve a penalty. We want to ensure that a player playing 2 B TYPE cards as a very hard time to top.
We reserve the right to modify those lists, by adding, removing or moving cards from one TYPE to another.

Also, the points penalties values are not final and can be modified if they don't have the expected impact.

Do not hesitate to give us feedback about this list !

Ps : the "X victories in a row" bonus won't be inserted in this battle points calcuation version.
229/237
Wednesday 27/06/2012, 17:48

Well it's a step in the right direction! Some of those on the B list are just as bad as as those on the A list (Hawk is essentially the same as Jackie Cr as an example).
I still think 2 point penalties are a joke as its far to easy to override the penalty. An A list and B list would have been better, 15 points for A list and 8 points for B list. But as I said at the start, it's a step in the right direction.
230/237
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Wednesday 27/06/2012, 18:47

List seems fine to me though i suspect quite a lot of the C Types wern't used in DTs anyway.

« Previous12...1718192021222324Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals