Changes to how battle points are calculated

Wednesday 13/06/2012, 14:06
Boing - Moderator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
237 messages
Boing - Moderator - Clint StaffEnglish - Wednesday 13/06/2012, 14:06

As well as allowing you to level up, battle points are also key to the Daily Tournaments as the ranking system is based on the number of battle points won. We have decided to update the way in which these points are calculated by simplifying the system and making it less dependent on the number of stars a deck contains and more dependent on the development and outcome of the fight. You’ll find all the details on this new points calculating system in the rules by clicking here. This change is now in place, including during the DTs.
« Previous12345678910...2324Next »

51/237
Dr.Ido - Legend - Clint Staff English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 18:11

Post 47 : We replace the pillz bonus by a simple KO bonus no matter how much pillz you have left.
Post 45 : The matchmaking system shouldn't match you this frequently against opponent with much higher star count. It's designed to take into the stars (mostly) and the win lose ration (a little) BUT you need to understand that we need to have a range that is wide enough to make sure that we consistently find an opponent. Because if it's bad to match you against a opponent with much more stars, it's worse to make you lose too much time waiting for the right opponent. The right balance is hard to find and it needs to be adjusted often.

We did a quick check of the winning deck of the 16:00 tournament, the star counts ranged from 22 to 32, with most around 25. And there was some nice diversity in the clans played :
1st : Nightmare, Morphun and some Skeelz
2nd Bangers
3rd Jungo
4th : Junkz/Uppers
5th: Junkz/Sentinel

Of course, it's likely that our formula will need some tweaking, it's almost impossible to forecast what will happen, which deck / clans / characters, will dominate and wether just one deck will rule or a few ones will be able to compete. We'll monitor closely what happens in the DT in the next days, which deck and clan wins and we'll see.
52/237
Dr.Ido - Legend - Clint Staff English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 18:17

Post 49 : don't be so pessimistic. I think 24-28 decks with enough damage to consistently 2-Shot will remain very competitive. The key in the DT remains the same as always : Win Fast, as long as you're deck has enough damage to do so (and you don't need 35 stars for that, it's only 12 life points) you can compete and win. At least, that's what we're seeing on the first DT since the change.
53/237
waTHOR - Master English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 18:17

I think the best system will be a fix amount of stars and a system that will balance every clan so anyone could fight and prove their favorite clans.
54/237
wildhare_LoA - Legend - Legends of America English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 18:20

I just played one in DT where my opponent timed out without playing any rounds. The score was 20 for the win (makes sense) -1 for KO, for a total of 19. Why the -1 KO? Would KO show the score adjustments for star differences?

Also, I had 3 perma bans, do they affect score?
55/237
KuriosJason - Legend - E X C A L I B U R ελληνικά
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 18:41

-I haven't played this new format yet ,and to be honest it will take a long time to even try and think of a deck, so my opinion is based only from experience and some simple math.

The staff saw that at their attempt to remove the old Uppers-Montana domination at the DT's rooms they have created and even bigger domination, now that the timer has reduced. It was only inevitable to change some of the rules. Apart from the fact that they are not that bright it's still an attempt for correction.
My opinion?
The old Uppers-Montana domination is already at our doorstep with Jackie's legendary return. Why should I care for the -2 points now that I will surely get at least 21 points a game? 21 points in 2 minutes.. Do the math for an average of 40 pts in 6 mins(a not that optimal scenario) easy 400 points for and average player in a pretty shitty scenario overall.
I am not done yet. This will not erase the low star domination either. Decks with an 8 damage card are still powerhouses as they give the fast scenario to a low star decks. (still haven't tried but that may be my take)
Oh and lets not forget crazy imbalanced 2HKO decks that were used when the new format came...

Well done

P.S. I do not know if you already have, but next time IF your point is to improve the game put some good players' opinion into consideration. They might actually help you to it
56/237
MaddAddams - Titan - Elephant Riders English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 19:08

I got paired against an all 5-star Ambre/Kolos monstrosity with my Type 1 Junkz deck. I earned 41 quick points. I'm okay with this.
57/237
oyoyoyoyoyo - Veteran - ho my Guilde English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 19:12

As predicted, winners are mostly T2 decks... and no one below 22 stars huhu farewell 16* decks!
58/237
diogonscto - Titan English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 19:18

I just wish the old T1/T2 modes came back and that Arno gets unbanned. It just killed the Roots =/
59/237
diogonscto - Titan English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 19:26

Please, add Caelus Cr to the penalty list.
60/237
origamimaster - Senior English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 19:30

Can i get an update on when the standard survivor will be coming?

« Previous12345678910...2324Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals