Changes to how battle points are calculated

Wednesday 13/06/2012, 14:06
Boing - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
237 messages
Boing - Legend - Clint StaffEnglish - Wednesday 13/06/2012, 14:06

As well as allowing you to level up, battle points are also key to the Daily Tournaments as the ranking system is based on the number of battle points won. We have decided to update the way in which these points are calculated by simplifying the system and making it less dependent on the number of stars a deck contains and more dependent on the development and outcome of the fight. You’ll find all the details on this new points calculating system in the rules by clicking here. This change is now in place, including during the DTs.
« Previous12345678910...2324Next »

71/237
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 22:15

This might get me out of inactivity... current scoring rules seems to favour certain decks... lets see how the DT meta changes as a result
72/237
K8F Aragori - Titan Русский
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 22:24

Let's just player himself to decide whether he wants small star count range and long in waiting for opponent or not. And put it in settings. E.g. 5 or less star count range, but if waiting is too long then +1 to the range per X sec. It should work well enough.
73/237
Dr Bluthgeld - Titan - Les Légendaire Guerrier D'urban English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 23:16

I wonder whether the Government (or the Staff) just only reads our shouts and complaints here. As for changes of the rules, we'll see.
74/237
Boris Unbound - Titan English
Thursday 14/06/2012, 00:41

If I'm understanding the new scoring format I do not like it. It seems to be a major dumbing down of the game. Where is the strategy in tournaments now? What value are the lower level cards now? By using your head and beating 5 star cards with 3 or 2 star cards was very rewarding and really made you think and work hard. Has this truly been eliminated? I hope I misunderstand the new scoring system. If not, I'll likely not waste any time playing tournaments since it would be the video game equivalent of mindless button mashing. Not to mention that a good portion of my collection is now useless.
75/237
Tanto89 - Titan - X. LycurguS .X English
Thursday 14/06/2012, 00:50

Since now the points based on win or lose
why don't we have the T1 and T2 back? (T1 extended and standard, T2 extended)
it would be nice to have a T1 back
I really missed to fight against evenly opponent (even though now I usually get low level opp around 15-25 which is easy, but still..)
76/237
DeepEnd - Imperator - Limit Break English
Thursday 14/06/2012, 01:24

UR is big T2 Deathmatch playground. One type of deathmatch lasts for hour, other kind is for 20 minutes and the final one is the "king of the hill" type of DM T2 known as Extented Survivor.

Note for the developers: If you do not understand the problem - then dont try to fix it. You end up just breaking it more.
77/237
Addiction - Guru English
Thursday 14/06/2012, 01:50

The new battle points allows you to level up significantly faster.
78/237
Wakshaani - Titan English
Thursday 14/06/2012, 02:11

Well, it could also be said that the new form forces you to level up faster, something which I, personally, don't like.

But, I expect to be in the minority on that one, so.
79/237
Legacy PH - Senior - Face Everything And Rejoice English
Thursday 14/06/2012, 02:14

It seems there is a bug.. or something is not written in the new game rules.

There is a -1 BP deduction due to KO? What in whitebeard's name is that for?
80/237
Lord Plague - Legend - Second 2 None English
Thursday 14/06/2012, 02:15

@Dr. Ido
"I have to disagree, players will have less incentive NOT to play high star deck, but they'll mostly have to play decks that they win with. That will be the key."

Maybe my math is wrong then, or maybe I am not getting it.
But a "power deck" (40* deck) with 2 hit KO against weaker or similar deck
20 + 3 (difference in power) +4 (two rounds played) + 3 (KO ) = 30

Moderate deck (25* deck) against Power Deck
loss 10 + 2 to 8 (rounds played) = 12 to 18 for a loss
win 20 + 5 (difference in power) + 8 (rounds played - assuming all 4 played) = 33 (or 36 for KO)
possible up to +13 more for various other bonuses

Moderate deck (25* deck) against Moderate deck
loss 10 + 2 to 8 (rounds played) = 12 to 18 for a loss
win 20 + 3 (difference in power) + 8 (rounds played - assuming all 4 played) = 31 (or 34 for KO)
possible up to +13 more for various other bonuses

But the power deck is getting twice as many battle in .. so in the time it takes a Moderate Deck to win 30~45 points the Power deck can score 60 points by speeding through battles with two round KO.

I will concede that if the Power deck takes 3 rounds to score a KO, it almost evens out around ~ 128 in a 4 match vs 3 match ratio. But the power deck still has the advantage because of the occasional 2 round win, allowing more wins per unit of time.

« Previous12345678910...2324Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals