Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Would: Copy Opp Ability, Be Overpowered?

Sunday 22/07/2012, 04:32
1san - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
62 messages
1san - Imperator - Black Sea PiranasEnglish - Sunday 22/07/2012, 04:32

So typically, we've had Coppy opp bonus for quite awhile.

It's really a great ability and I'm quite pleased with it. There's just two thing on my mind now; Will Copy Opp Ability ever come, and will it be overpowered once it's here?

So firstly, will it come?

If we follow some old trends...I'd say it's likely!
Here are some examples of abilities that complement each other;
Poison VS Heal
Stop opp ability VS "Stop"
Courage Vs Revenge
- Opp Damage Vs - Opp Life
+ Attack Vs - Attack
- Power VS + Power
+ Pillz Vs - Pillz

And then the one that really makes me think we aren't to far away from Coppy opp Ability: + Life per damage and then after quite some time, Sah Brinak brought us the fabled + Pillz per damage.

So in a nutshell there is a high chance it'll come, but on the the matter of it be to ridiculous to add.

Imagine a typical run of the mill Fang Pi Clang card with; 6 power and 6 damage, then followed up with Coppy Opp Ability.

Now let me run you by some scenarios:

Vs Copper = Potential 11/10
Vs Nobrodroid = 6/10 able to get +4 Pillz
VS Avola = Potential 6/14 !!!
Vs Oscar = Potential 10/10
Vs Sah Brinak = 6/10 and could recover 7 pillz back subtracting the furry
Vs Karrion = 6/8 + the 2 poison means massively dangerous(Ends games fast)
Vs Kenny = Potential 6/24!!!!!!!
Vs Kolos = Potential 6/14
Vs Uranus = Turns into a 6/5 with the ability to stop Uranus in it's tracks
Vs Sasha = Potential 6/10 with +16

Ect...

So is this balanced or not? What do you think?
« Previous1234567Next »

11/62
PriMinizZztA - Legend - TrAitorzZz English
Sunday 22/07/2012, 15:48

The question should be :

will CoA arive as a bonus or as an ability ??
12/62
rederoin - Guru English
Sunday 22/07/2012, 15:50

That would be OP against a lot of cards.

A fpc card could 1HKO without fury against cards like Avola and Kolos. and against kenny with Timber on your team you could just all pill + fury and create a lifegap of 33. Which more or less is a instant win. Or a +1 pill p/damage card. 11 pills for winning would be a bit extreme.
13/62
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Sunday 22/07/2012, 16:52

I think Copy Ability would be completely fine, because it would be a very situational thing. Trying to make sure your Copy Ability card ends up fighting and winning against the opponent's strongest ability card is not going to be easy. Yep, there might be a couple of rare situations where they're completely overpowered, but we already have many situationally OP cards in the game and things seem to be working just fine.

And, of course, the ability with the most impact on the game (SoA) could not be copied, so there is no chance of ending up with an 8/7 5* that goes through DR or anything like that...
14/62
1san - Imperator - Black Sea Piranas English
Sunday 22/07/2012, 18:03

In a nutshell looks like it's simply to OP, maybe it's just not the right time?

The game has evolved, card used to be 1-5 power...now on average we see majority of cards released with 6-8 power hands down, not to mention they also have awesome abilities.

I certainly think it coming one way or another, we've already had a breakthrough with COB.

As someone mentioned above perhaps it'll work with clans that need a specific boost to get by clans like Uppers.
Skeelz
Freaks
Jungo
Berzerk
Pussycats

Or maybe we are all just being to skeptical here? When Sah Brinak came out, nearly every person commented about how overpowered the card is. I've faced it several times now, and to be honest it wasn't as threatening as I once thought.

Maybe if they release one really weak card with COA just to test it, we could determine if it'd be to OP in the long run?
15/62
8BA-LoA - Legend - Legends of America English
Sunday 22/07/2012, 20:04

It would be cool to see CoA, but yeah... that would get OP really quickly.
16/62
0 Anderson - Titan English
Sunday 22/07/2012, 21:28

It is really situational, if the card had worse stats like a 7/2 3* in Skeelz or Roots it wouldnt be too bad.

Also
"Vs Sasha = Potential 6/10 with +16"
That would only happen if you used mono FPC.
17/62
0 Anderson - Titan English
Sunday 22/07/2012, 21:30

"Copy ability being powerful and widely used?

1) Game switces partly to abilityless strong cards (Like Dorian).
2) SoA clans rise again.
3) Backlash abilities becomes shared pain.
4) People use confidence/revenge abilities so it does not matter if they come copied.

Metaplay - the spice of this game."

The meta wouldn't be affected by one card...
18/62
1san - Imperator - Black Sea Piranas English
Monday 23/07/2012, 03:30

I was just giving people an idea of what COA could do, using a Fang Pi Clang card as an example.

Just use your imagination, with different clans and scenarios. Many staple cards would have to fight just to get there ability through, and then there will be a whole new strategy involved where you'd have to play your cards in such a way, just so your opponent doesn't snatch up a good cards ability'.

On an entirely different note, this ability could come to be a step forward. Many cards could come off the Staff Elo banned list to combat COA.
19/62
OC-Vanity - Hero - Open Casket English
Monday 23/07/2012, 03:41

Thing is though you are using Copy opp. Ability with the very extremes of the game like +6 damage and +5 power whereas most of the time you're going to be copying +2 life or +8 attack. Another thing have you ever tried to specifically match one of your four cards with a specific of their four cards? Not easy. At all. The opponent will more than likely be able to dodge such circumstances. So all in all, copy ability wouldn't be too game breaking as an ability, but as a bonus? Different story entirely.
20/62
Myeltd - Legend - Limit Break English
Monday 23/07/2012, 04:41

Imo, wouldn't "random" as an ability be more interesting? You could even have numbers tied into it (ie: random-3 would give abilities where the numbers in them are all 3's, like +3pills or -3 opp life min 3.)

« Previous1234567Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals