Changes to characters banned in ELO

Monday 06/08/2012, 12:33
Boing - Moderator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
155 messages
Boing - Moderator - Clint StaffEnglish - Monday 06/08/2012, 12:33

The list of ELO banned characters has been updated.See below for an overview of the changes made.

The following cards have been permanently added to the list of characters banned in ELO:
- Spyke (Berzerk)
- Lehane (Sentinel)
- Draheera (GHEIST)
- Lea (Rescue)
- Elvira (Rescue)

The following cards have been permanently removed from the list of characters banned in ELO:
- Kerry (Rescue)
- Sledg (Rescue)
« Previous12...910111213141516Next »

141/155
Pilluminati - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Friday 17/08/2012, 02:19

But late on commenting on the bans here,but anyway,im not going to make a big fuss about the bans here so:

Spyke-i expected him to get permabanned but this was a bit soon,as most cards that usually get frequently get banned usually are on that list for 2+ elo seasons(i refer to every round of elo permabans and returns as seasons),but if he`s banned,he`s banned.
Lehane-will hurt sentinels two stars but sentinels will survive in elo with cards like Tobbie and Kyle...though i get the sinking feeling sentinels are going to be the scapegoat ofelo bans like the GHEIST/Roots once were.
Draheera-this card getting perma-banned will really stomp on mono-GHEIST play for a long time,but they are far from crippled in elo...as a matter of fact,my elo record came from mono-GHEIST(with Spiaghi) and i dont recall using Draheera once;but if you dont understand Draheera ban,let me refresh your memory of a mono card who was strikingly dominant in elo; Marco Cr...more stars,more damage,more attack and more trouble...Draheera is just Marco Cr lite with a built-in SOA to better stop abilities and be devestating.
Elvira ban isnt too difficult to fix;just put Buckler in and you're good to go...now the Lea ban...unless you like Steve or Krash,that slim pickins amigo.

to be continued...
142/155
Friday 17/08/2012, 02:36

Continued from post 1-

Sledg/Kerry unban-this one i think was a subtraction by addition,as in my opinion,i think Sledg was obviously brought back to be used as a lightning rod for ban-votes,since kalindra and Uranus aren't going to be enough to piss off players into upping voter patricipation by banning them,but that's how i interpret future monsters being unleashed back into elo for no reason.BUT,i do find that Kerry is indeed back where she belongs and will be left alone by voters for the most part.

Of course,im disappointed that a bothersome card like Mona wasn't banned..surprised that Troompah didn't join that list,considering Spyke and troomaph were around within a time reach..also,no Askai/Bogdan/Dorian/Havok too be perma-bannedwas baffling,as these were cards im sure were screwed,if any of them...i can understand Cliff and Leviatonn not being banned as the Rescue and GHEIST would surely be taxed with another loss so quickly...im sure the staff were taking a hard look at Olga too,before they decided whether she should be banned,and personally,im glad she isn't because she is the backbone of Freaks play and if you take her out...well,Freaks are done for...and i generally have no comment on Robb Cr/Uranus,as im not sure what we're looking at regarding their future.

to be continued...
143/155
Friday 17/08/2012, 02:54

Continued from post 2...

what i think of the new elo changes so far is that aside from Kerry,thte Sledg unban should serve it's purpose quite nicely.the GHEIST will still be fine with their lower star counts and their chiara/Spiaghi splashes.the sentinels are still going to be annoying,people will still hate the Rescue and the Berzerk will fade out for a bit.
but since,the old unbanning debate has reared it's head again,i think i'd throw in some changes;

unban Yayoi-ban Charlie
unban Striker-ban Marina
unban Arkn-
unban Bridget
unban Bonnie Ld/Ulrich-ban ..well,let's say Raeth,but anybody here will do fine.
unban Arno + Ratanah-ban Jeena + Rico/Yookie
unban Wee Lee

but since we're all talking about unbanning guys like emeth and Zatman blindly without recognizing that Troompah is going to be banned sooner rather than later,and even still,that's no excuse to unban emeth,and that despite Dorian gets banned often,let's just pretend the Uppers 3 ,4 and 2 stars like Jose Star and Samantha are in no way,shape or form part of the Uppers.lets just have him hang out with a card like Oxen or Herman .NO THANK YOU...he's been unbanned twice,i dont think giving him another 50 chances to be let out only to be thrown back in only for people to beg to let him go is what's going to make the Uppers any better.

And for god's sakes guys,do something about Greem
144/155
EZwinningS2N - Titan - Second 2 None English
Friday 17/08/2012, 05:24

WOAH there pill calm dwn with the banning of Marina no need to be so brash about things but i do agree unban Striker
145/155
GvnOva - Master - DirtyTwo Card Pickup English
Friday 17/08/2012, 06:58

Well i agree to unban Arno but bringing back a 8 powers SoA powerhouse Ratanah is not a really nice change , Roots only needs a good 2* like Arno and that's enough . They have had nice 4* with good life control and all-stop . Banning Jeena is a good trade but i really don't see her more Rico/Yookie

unban Bridget is quite risky because of Survivor ELO , 1 hit of Kenny/Jautya plus Bridget's life gain can be an instant-win against some decks
146/155
Spikey 13 - Guru - lonely fighters English
Friday 17/08/2012, 13:25

Bans
Spyke-Excellent, Fair
Lehane-Ashame, but Fair.
Draheera-Good, but Not Fair.
Lea-Good, and borderline Fair/Not Fair.
Elvira-Good, bur Not Fair. (Look at Gertjan)

Unbans
Kerry-Bad, but Fair, (and I admit Kerry is pretty cool to face.)
Sledg-Not Fair at all , but along with Kerry should compensate Rescue users for losing Lea and Elvira. I might try playing Rescue myself now that Sledg is back (I do HATE SOB in the hands of and opponent).
147/155
Nuclearaleksa - Master - ExtraordinarY KillerS English
Friday 31/08/2012, 15:33

Hahahahaha next one on perm banned is Hilly Billy...
148/155
Tsuda_hkg - Guru - HKG English
Sunday 09/09/2012, 03:35

I think it is time to ban Gertjan since mono Roots is already strong enough now and it has an OP ability that only 5 clans have cards that are able to stop that.

a splashed Lola can do the same thing as Bridget for helping 1 hit instant-win except facing SOA but you get 2 more star to spend on other cards.
149/155
Nuclearaleksa - Master - ExtraordinarY KillerS English
Tuesday 11/09/2012, 21:25

R.I.P. Spyke
150/155
HoAzeem - Imperator - Harbingers of Ares English
Wednesday 12/09/2012, 19:21

Kerry + Sledg back Yaaay!! Ok Kerry's ban was totally unjustified cuz even Gertjan Taljion have similar abilities and there a star lower ...
Sledg is one of those nukes but you have to learn to deal with them .

Lea ? Ban Flanagan aswell ? Lea wasn't OP people just couldn't think that the max pillz your going to put on Lea is 3 ..

Elvira hmm AS any other attack manipulation clans basically thrash her. again 4 5 pillz is the max your ever going to want to play with her depending on the situation. Not very fair BUT if UR brings a new Soa / Sob 2 / 3* card it would be good.

5 5 3* Soa? Oh no wait that will somehow become Op Courage Soa ? It'll probably go to confidence.
Or
7 5 Courage Soa but then that'd probably be a bit much so then Revenge / Confidence Soa

Even a card with Copy Opp Bonus would be great!
6 2 2* Copy Opp Bonus.

« Previous12...910111213141516Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals