3 way tie!?!

3 way tie!?!
Wednesday 26/09/2012, 09:14
JO3SHMO - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
5 messages
3 way tie!?!
JO3SHMO - Imperator - aussie crusadersEnglish - Wednesday 26/09/2012, 09:14

1st sclau89 from guild Knights Ressurection with 577 battle points won 2 810 Clintz + 1 Credit.
2nd JO3SHMO from guild aussie crusaders with 577 battle points won 1 810 Clintz + 1 Credit.
3rd Lady Demeter from guild Seblac with 577 battle points won 1 810 Clintz + 1 Credit.

I'm very curious, how does the tourney system distinguish between ties? How do they decide who goes on top?

I was actually the first one to get to 577. 2 or so minutes later the score refreshed and another 2 people joined me (lol!)

I'll be the first to admit that 577 is the worst winning tourney score ever, with the new system anyway.

Another question: Is it correct etiquette to tally a tie for first as a DT win when you even though you weren't on top of the tie-pile?

Well done to the other two... we all won in my book, not just the lucky sclau89.

2/5
-Tatsumaki- - Legend - Deus eX Machina ελληνικά
Wednesday 26/09/2012, 09:21

Sorry but i dont think you can count it as a dt win since only the first takes the 1k bonus,proving that you are actually 2nd
3/5
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Wednesday 26/09/2012, 09:34

Ties are broken in DT by awarding the higher position to the person who got there later.

i wouldnt consider it a win, but would consider the deck as a potential DT winning deck. you win some you lose some.... luck factor in the last few minutes often determines the DT winner
4/5
JO3SHMO - Imperator - aussie crusaders English
Wednesday 26/09/2012, 10:40

@ Gabriel

Thanks for that. Lol.

@ wasteroftime

About 2 minutes after the tourney time ended, the score refreshed. I was alone on 577, and the next closest was something like 559. A couple minutes later the score refreshed again, and it showed the 3 way tie. Only one person was above me, and one person was below me.

If ties are broken by awarding the person who got there later, I should have been 3rd. I don't understand. If anyone were to actually know how it worked it would be someone like you, but the "latest wins" logic didn't apply from what I saw.

Thanks for the replies.
5/5
Blue_Muffin - Hero - Time Conquers All English
Wednesday 26/09/2012, 18:57

Perhaps it checks when battles started? Say, Lady Demeter had started her last match before you had started your last, but she took all 4 rounds to finish with a slower opponent. Thus giving you time to start your match and finish it before she finished hers. Therefore, going by just starting times, she would have scored before you when really you did before her.

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals