ELO....for the worse?

ELO....for the worse?
Friday 28/09/2012, 17:51
wats_happenin - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
17 messages
ELO....for the worse?
wats_happenin - Titan - Casual GrindEnglish - Friday 28/09/2012, 17:51

Does anyone else find themselves drifting away from ELO these days?
I honestly can't pinpoint what it is but I feel that ELO has gotten majoritly worse in recent times

Like I know its a weird statement with no 'oh i dont like the bans' or 'herp de derp bring back spyke' sort of quotes

I feel that the meta has gotten to the point where it's just so confusing it's gone past fun to annoying

I don't know about you guys but the randomness I've faced lately is getting to the point of just 'what in the hell are you thinking'. I mean Sliman's? Herman? Stanly?

I don't know lololol

I'd just love to hear your opinions on ELO these days...do you think it's getting better? Worse? Sort of the same?
Is there a reason people use randomness? Is there a reason I keep running into Karrion/kenny/Azel/Pan in one hand? Am i just the luckiest guy in UR?
« Previous12Next »

11/17
subclavianHoA - Imperator - Harbingers of Ares English
Thursday 04/10/2012, 09:52

I dunno why, but I feel elo has gradually drifted towards nukes, stoppers, and 50-50s.

Instead of treating each round as a opportunity to gain a small advantage, either in pills or life, that you can take into the next round as part of a gradual buildup process until a win becomes inevitable, many elo players treat the 4 rounds as 4 cups to hide their ball (nuke) under, and make their opponent play the guessing game
12/17
wats_happenin - Titan - Casual Grind English
Thursday 04/10/2012, 16:36

Tbh I actually miss SOA clans heavy domination LOL

They helped to control painful ability based cards....I never realised that hammering them so much means Muze + 3 heavy Dr combo's reign supreme!!!
It's nice to see cards like Jean help to control big 4 and 5* ability reliant cards

Maybe I actually want to see the SOA clans back....something I'd never, ever, ever say.....(Avid hater of those clans)
13/17
ghelas - Admin - The Trend English
Thursday 04/10/2012, 17:06

There's been a significant increase in power and gap of new cards. Not playing the ball-and-cup game leaves you vulnerable to a slew of new cards with 8 power, great gap, and no weakness to speak of. UR needs strategic cards that can help control and outplay the 50/50s, as opposed to the current trend of constantly adding to the line-up of high gapping cards that are impossible to shut down.
14/17
HoAzeem - Imperator - Harbingers of Ares English
Thursday 04/10/2012, 17:40

Wats all you need to do is Play Roots or Ghiest lol .. The only reason there's no "Total Domination" is because UR doesn't give SOA cards Power cards !

It does become a guessing game Sub especially when you face a hand like Jautya Uranus Aliester or Kenny Artus Azel ...
But I guess those Dr's coming back stop Life Cards but Poison cards are still at a high. Majority of people go with the trend for

Example now in Elo you don't go 2 hands without Seeing some kind of Sakhrom with Jautya / Petra / Uranus / Aliester / Murray Ngrath.

Ghiest have become a clan to use in Mono or a half deck , Hriger coming has helped a lot because Ghiest just didn't have 3 good 4* for a 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 format And you can't play 3 2*

Cuz you've got a choice from Z3r0 D34d + Mok who are great but then they've banned Arkn so your main options left are :
Elke (Too predictable , pill with her high you get in 3 damage , blatantly 2 - 3 pillz if they want to attack with it , and if you try countering a big card 6 power won't help)

Ludmilla (It's min is a bit too high especially with cards like Methane , Wardom XU52 Render this a 1 turn thing , 6 power gets you nowhere even with Soa.)

Wurmhol (I mean he's a very easy 3 damage and he can be used to take out a big card. But depends if you call the bluff he's basically useless , if you pill relatively high to counter a card it's 1 damage in . That's why it's easier for a easy 3 damage.)

Maybe i'm just underrating Wurmhol but Ghiest have come back.
15/17
Icarus - Legend - E X C A L I B U R English
Saturday 06/10/2012, 08:27

As a long-time elo player
Elo has long its esssence
I have to agree
When you have to play decks that "get rid" or counter those 50/50 decks that can be used as a guessing game ( +n life per damage, heal n max n, poison n and n.), you'll see those decks that overpower your deck

Deck variety is very wide these days
Or should I SAY VERY RANDOM

the more release, the wider it goes. The harder it is to fit a deck versatile enough for elo...
16/17
AGPrinz - Titan - The BeSharps English
Saturday 06/10/2012, 19:22

I think the game has actually gotten a bit easier to play for people who do not like decks that build "gradual advantages". For example, Freaks are AWESOME. Azel and Greem are back! And for those who say SOA isn't still dominating the scene, look at Jean and try running an Ulu Watu deck with Eddie... you will see how much SOA is in the game still. However just from doing the valentina missions, i would say that mono "gradual win" decks are completely viable. Hell even split decks can still be viable, with cards like Neil, Tremorh, and the Frozn clan.

However, there are some cards that I strongly disapprove of right now, those being Jean, Saki, Troompah, Beeksboy, and possibly Clover and Tuck.

Anyways, i really love this game, and have spent a good life savings on cards. That being said, i wish they would stop making so many new blood cards that are rare and game changing. The money grabbing scheme is kind of making the game less competitive. Wish i had time to write more, but real life is calling
17/17
subclavianHoA - Imperator - Harbingers of Ares English
Sunday 07/10/2012, 10:23

What I dislike about the recent trend is that it shifts the game from being strategic to being intuitive.

Instead of counting pills, working out various scenarios, and developing contingency plans, now it's all about intuitive guesses on when your opponent is gonna nuke. It's getting harder and harder to mathematically corner your opponent these days, not when he can simply blow the game with a 50-50 nuke-or-bluff in the very first round. You can only rely on intuition in those situations.

I know intuition is an important part of every card game, but the fact elo matches are random makes it very hard to get a good grasp of your opponents' skill level. That lv 27 "noob" might actually be a good player's second account, and that lv 68 "pro" might've joined the game last month and spent his time in DM. And since the game only lasts 4 rounds with emphasis on the first and second, by the time you get an accurate read of your opponent's skill level the game is already over.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals