A dedicated ELO clan tier list

Tuesday 06/11/2012, 19:18
{) - Veteran English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
215 messages
{) - Veteran English - Tuesday 06/11/2012, 19:18

*disclamer* just to start this of i am not some pro l33t player or anything like that and this just my opinion and it is subject to change.

tier 1-

GHEIST their bonus is just so damn stong and well their cards are much better than their counterpart the Roots imo, i dont think they are the best and they have their weakness "like SoB" and their mono decks arent as stong with the recent perma banns

Montana that attack reduction is just insane, they have so many good cards like Mona, Griezzo and Spiaghi probably the best clan, makes a nice mono or half deck

Skeelz so solid good in a half deck, mono and splash does pretty much every thing. nuff said

Piranas before i get started i have to say they are my main "well used to be" their bonus is really good, clans that need it like Rescue and GHEIST are just slaughtered most of their cards have huge power, pill manipulation is real strong Scrubb can just overpill and get away with it. Only down side half deck isnt so strong imo and their perma banns really make a difference.

Vortex their clan bonus is so forgiving and allows you to make huge plays and not geting punished for it, however the main problem is their bonus doent win fights. btw they are on the edge of being top of tier 2 but im nice like that.

ok so thats the end of tier 1 i just wanna say that thats not in any order and that if your favourite clan isnt there tier 2 is still very viable they just have down sides that tier 1 dont.
« Previous12345678910...2122Next »

11/215
{) - Veteran English
Wednesday 07/11/2012, 15:11

Tier 2-

Jungo they are amazing they have a diverse ability pool, their bonus makes a huge gap and dr doenst matter. they make a really good half deck, but imo they cant really amount to anything else not really a bad thing though

Pussycats atm i think they are so good and a staple in most half decks (at least for me), that dr is soo good i actually think they are the best clan they just bring so much utility to the table. they need other clans like Junks, Montana or Jungo to deal any real damage though

Rescue have 1 of the strongest bonuses in the game in a mono deck their cards are really strong aswell but with out their bonus alot of their cards are really lackluster and their perma banns hurt so much and without another clan to combat their problems they will really be second to Montana (on a side note they havnt really got a good new addition in ages)

All Stars are insanely good their bonus is just so good, with Saki or Rob Cr they make a crazy half deck which takes up no space. not much else to say almost tier 1 worthy

Junks i think their quite strong they sit high in tier 2, their bonus is good just not the best although they make up for it with alot of power, attack and pill manipulation so yeah their kinda good

Sakrohm yeah they are good their clan bonus is kinda average but the clan has a few insane cards like Uranus, Stella, Petra, Stigma (banned) but any way they make a great half deck not much else thats why their tier 2

Uppers at word limit
12/215
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open Casket English
Wednesday 07/11/2012, 16:37

@{ wow did I here Praxie? thats ridiculous you have no idea what this game is about dude...

reason Griezzo is bad is NOT only because of that horrible 5 power, but also because it gets completely owned by the competition in its clan. Edd Cr, Desmond, Donnie even Vito with that soa all are more solid options against this 5 power 4*.

sorry Skeelz is at the bottom 2 tiers no way at the top.... ok Greem looks good but thats pretty much the only threatening card. I mean I have seen mono work but it gets owned by every other clan out there (especially Pussycats/ Freaks) they simply lack damage output, or even power output. Heck, you can even lose EASILY to GHEIST/Roots/Piranas/Nightmare if you dont read correctly.

all the other clans you have mentioned are... debatable but cmon All Stars has to be in the list as well as Roots.
13/215
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Wednesday 07/11/2012, 17:56

It's interesting to hear how different the opinions are in regards to this. I think that shows a pretty well-balannced game!

IMO...
1) Almost every clan can be effectively utilized in a half-deck. Rescue is the only exception to the rule.

2) It's definitely possible to evaluate clans in an unbiased way. Assume every other temp-ban card is unbanned... Now assign two rankings: where Clan X would be with THEIR best cards unbanned, and also where they would be with their best cards banned. For example, Jungo is still strong enough to run when Askai and Troompah are banned, but are arguably one of the top clans when they are unbanned.

3) Nevermind individual cards for a second, let's take a look at clan bonuses.
-Freaks have THE strongest damage bonus... A 1st turn Freaks hit can net up to 6 extra damage. Yes, their bonus only ever matters once per game, but run them in a half deck and you have room for another clan bonus to help you wall, gain life, or DR.
-Jungo are a close second on the damage bonus front. Why? Their bonus makes positive gap. A Jungo hit almost always makes a 2HKO impossible, and has great synergy with poison. In a way, it is like upping the damage min on your poison by 2!
-Vortex. Sweet, sweet Vortex. Most of UR doesn't realize this, but since Vortex gain 2/3 pillz back, they effectively give cards played after one of them loses a HUGE attack manip bonus. (2 pills x7 power = 14 attack.)
-All Stars have the best round-winning bonus for high-pill fights.
14/215
HoAzeem - Imperator - Harbingers of Ares English
Wednesday 07/11/2012, 19:14

Vortex ? Ok sure they win 50/50's but a good player doesn't make them. Montana are great without their bonus but without -12 attack min 8 it is a huge thing missed.

Why are AS a underpowered clan? they are an amazing clan! Ulu Watu they aren't good but on certain weeks like this one, I always consider using them.

Also Bezerk are actually a really good half deck to use I don't see why people don't use them. On Soa Weeks It's saying "Use Bezerk" Because Bezerk can create that life gap if they want with basically 2 cards (Say Melanie + Elvis for example) there's an instant 10 life gap. Bezerk are just underused because of that min of 2.
15/215
Thursday 08/11/2012, 01:09

I keep bringing this up, but a disproportional amount of my Top 100s have been either Vortex/Jungo or Vortex/GHEIST. Vortex doesn't just win 50/50s. Vortex allows you to make safe openers more often than not, or to try to call a low-pilled bluff with no detriment to you if you called wrong. They can also be used to just gain pills to get more threatening cards through. Fighting a hand with Dagg, Deea, and a couple of high-damage SoA cards is by no means easy.

It's okay though -- I don't mind that everyone else can't see how powerful that bonus is, I'd just as soon keep it to myself... If some of the good players here learned to use Vortex effectively, it would definitely make my life harder.

At any rate, it would be good if people gave some clans the benefit of the doubt. Just because *you* can't make it work, doesn't mean it *doesn't* work.
16/215
Richliu - Event team - D-Versified English
Thursday 08/11/2012, 01:25

-Rescue is worthless without Lea and Elvira.
-Pussycats have great synergy with Freaks which are great with Bogdan and Olga unbanned, or Frozn with Kalindra unbanned, Jungo is good with Askai and solid 2*'s in Jean and Pegh,
-Vortex has an AMAZING Clan Bonus but some of their cardpool can be considered subpar, and as previously mentioned, their bonus doesn't help them WIN fights or reward them for winning, so I consider them mid-low tier 2.
-Skeelz basically rely on being in a mono deck and their abilities aren't that great, and even then, their clan bonus does NOTHING facing 18 out of 22 clans, and select members from those 18 clans, which on average for me has resulted in about 1 round where the bonus "negated" the opponent's card out of 1 match. I think they would probably be low tier 2.

Honestly I think that the OP just doesn't have enough experience in ELO to be making a tier list yet.
17/215
DUC-j00p - Titan - Dutch Urban Crew English
Thursday 08/11/2012, 01:42

Indeed Berzerk are actually good, Sprinter Elvis Melanie Lola makes a great half deck on soa weeks
i think they're underused because people think ow Spyke is gone, now they suck
18/215
-Glacier- - Imperator - E X C A L I B U R English
Thursday 08/11/2012, 02:46

How do you have All Stars and Uppers below Vortex, Piranas and Skeelz? A good half of top end ELO decks usually have atleast one of those two, while the 3 you listed as t1 hardly ever see the light of elo
19/215
Thursday 08/11/2012, 05:52

"Honestly I think that the OP just doesn't have enough experience in ELO to be making a tier list yet."

Very true. Don't mean to discourage the OP, but until you're hitting at least 1300 with ease every week, all you should do is keep learning...

If this thread has shown anything it's that there's a lot of debate as to which clans are best, even among very strong players.
20/215
{) - Veteran English
Thursday 08/11/2012, 11:46

@Czar Glacier because i feel that Vortex, Piranas and Skeelz have little to no limitations and can do alot, rather than being contained to a half deck or having a bad match ups for example Piranas have little trouble regardless of what clan they are facing. i agree that Jungo are very very good and have so many options and imo they are tier 1 worthy just are the Pussycats but they are still lacking in mono. and as for All Stars they are great but SoB hurts them alot. also why would you use the Uppers when you can use Montana

@Richliu i agree that i am not as experienced as others but that was never the point i wanted to create a tier list were others could vioce their opinion and make a difference to the results if they had a stong point or had the communities backing.

« Previous12345678910...2122Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals