A dedicated ELO clan tier list

Tuesday 06/11/2012, 19:18
{) - Veteran English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
215 messages
{) - Veteran English - Tuesday 06/11/2012, 19:18

*disclamer* just to start this of i am not some pro l33t player or anything like that and this just my opinion and it is subject to change.

tier 1-

GHEIST their bonus is just so damn stong and well their cards are much better than their counterpart the Roots imo, i dont think they are the best and they have their weakness "like SoB" and their mono decks arent as stong with the recent perma banns

Montana that attack reduction is just insane, they have so many good cards like Mona, Griezzo and Spiaghi probably the best clan, makes a nice mono or half deck

Skeelz so solid good in a half deck, mono and splash does pretty much every thing. nuff said

Piranas before i get started i have to say they are my main "well used to be" their bonus is really good, clans that need it like Rescue and GHEIST are just slaughtered most of their cards have huge power, pill manipulation is real strong Scrubb can just overpill and get away with it. Only down side half deck isnt so strong imo and their perma banns really make a difference.

Vortex their clan bonus is so forgiving and allows you to make huge plays and not geting punished for it, however the main problem is their bonus doent win fights. btw they are on the edge of being top of tier 2 but im nice like that.

ok so thats the end of tier 1 i just wanna say that thats not in any order and that if your favourite clan isnt there tier 2 is still very viable they just have down sides that tier 1 dont.
« Previous12345678910...2122Next »

41/215
0_4DPaladin - Veteran English
Wednesday 21/11/2012, 02:25

My tier list:

Piranas>Everybody else.
42/215
swagmaster420 - Guru - TRiNiTY English
Wednesday 21/11/2012, 03:16

What are Skeelz and Vortex doing over Uppers, Freaks, and Pussycats?
43/215
The Ideal - Master English
Wednesday 21/11/2012, 10:22

Hate to buy "that" guy but tier discussions always end up in pointless arguments and flame fests. Also unless you are a consistent top 100 elo player i don't think many people will care your tier list.
44/215
KitsuneKatsumi - Imperator - XiongDang English
Sunday 25/11/2012, 14:33

Sorry for being late to the party; I caught Yugi Oh for the DS last week and am still in convalesence.

The current rankings on my own personal board, and trending:

Tier 1
Junkz
All Stars - up

Tier 2
Freaks
Uppers - up
Vortex - down

Tier 3
Bangers - up
Piranas
Skeelz
Ulu Watu

Tier 4
Jungo
Montana - up
Berzerk - down
GHEIST - up

Tier 5
Pussycats - up
Frozn
Fang Pi
Rescue

Tier 6
Sentinel - up
Roots - up
Nightmare

Tier 7
La Junta
Sakrohm

Responding to OP:
GHEIST- They lack 8 power characters, which means they start at pill disadvantage against all the best clans. They haven't been the same since 14 life. Not being able to consistently threaten KO crippled them. The math is no longer on their side; loses to any 8 power
Montanas- They are across the board weaker than Uppers, but have in clan DR options to make up for it. Unfortunately 1) Uppers owns this heads on match up and 2) the recent proliferation of SOA across all clans in the past year has crushed Montanas DR
Skeelz- They are at a disadvantage against all of the top clans with a fight bonus. They have topend 2* and 3* options, but ELO is won or lost at 4*
Vortex- Yes they are great but not because they allow you to pill carelessly. They have solid numbers and a small handful of topend characters, and their bonus is invaluable against opponents and/ or bots that use cheat hacks
Piranas- pill manipulation makes them competitive but Junkz is a more balanced option
45/215
jeber89 - Titan - Perfect Defect Effect English
Sunday 25/11/2012, 17:02

Nice table Kitsune! Though many things on it surprise me.

Sakrohm: Why would you consider them dead last? True, SOA absolutely destroys them. But that aside, their staples like Murray, Uranus, Petra, Jautya are all game makers if used right. Their bonus and alright power wins them rounds too. Plus, a lot of their other 2 and 3 star cards are decent in ELO.

Nightmare: Also so low? I agree you can't form a good mono Nightmare deck, but they're they have some excellent half deck oppotunities with their smaller cards, allowing you to stack with big guns from another clan. Mawpin/Pan/Artus/Azel/Edwin/Glorg/Phyllis are all economical half deck candidates.

I agree that Sentinel, Rescue, Roots (and Berzerk because of Spyke) have suffered recently because of their bans.

FPC is actually pretty great IMO. They have tons of game-breaking 8 powered 3 or 4 star cards Futoshi Ld/Fei/Heitachi/Shifou/Zhu Tang are all reliable cards that can give you decent life gaps. Fei excels at dismantling nukes like Kalindra, Futoshi Ld and Shifou overrun clans that mistakenly think they can sit pretty on their bonuses and Zhu Tang has single handedly won many matches for me despite losing the other 3 rounds. They just have to be paired with a clan that can wall for them so you can put more pills behind their 8 power to win their round.

Ulu Watu: How do you usually play them? Besides Eddie who has many weaknesses himself, I find Ulu generally hard to play in ELO due to their low damage.
46/215
KitsuneKatsumi - Imperator - XiongDang English
Monday 26/11/2012, 05:59

Sak: They don't have any topend characters besides Uranus. All the top clans have 3* on par with Murray and 4* superior to Jautya and Petra. They have terrible 5* characters especially compared to Junkz and Sentinels. There is nothing about them which is suited for ELO.

Nightmare: The recent SOAs and Protection: Power have hurt Piranas but have really crippled Nightmare. Far too many of their staple characters have an insanely suicidal 5 power (Artus, Edwin, Mawpin) and their best recent addition Cutey has 6 power. They have 1 trick, power reduction, that dies to protection. A general rule is that you should run no more than 1 character with less than 7 power.

FPC: They lack competent 3* characters with 4 base damage, which are the bread and butter of ELO.

Ulu Watu: Buck + their mighty 4 dmage 3* characters.
47/215
Cyber - Legend - El Dorado English
Monday 26/11/2012, 11:51

Oh please. FPC is underplayed. Lack of in competent 3*? Zhu Tang, Shifou, Ralph, Elya Cr, Rei packs a punch. The first 3 3* gets a special mention especially Shifou.
48/215
jeber89 - Titan - Perfect Defect Effect English
Monday 26/11/2012, 12:57

Agreed about Artus + Mawpin. I tried using them in a half deck a while back and found that they are very hard to play together because they are both almost surefire losses unless you trigger Mawpin's ability... in which case it is often too late and/or they just have a DR waiting. I usually just use Artus without Mawpin. But yeah, I don't know if she's actually terrible or its just the terrible players who use her but players who use Cutey or Kenny Cr always seem to play very transparently and are easily beaten. I dislike her for her low power too.

I concur with Cyber. Shifou is 5dmg unless you have a SOB ability and Zhu Tang is at worst 4 life gap unless you stop both bonus and ability... in which case, good luck winning with your 6 power vs 8. I have been playing with FPC half decks in ELO for the past cuppa weeks and in my experence they are very reliable.

Ulu Watu have gotten better with Eugene and Eddie added recently, but their forte is still Extended. Douglas is mediocre unless you use mono which is a terrible idea with Ulu. Nanook/Eugene/Gaia remain average to decent, other clans are better.
49/215
Shanks Guru - Event team - D-Versified English
Tuesday 27/11/2012, 15:46

This would be very ban dependant. there was a time where Rescue and Piranas owned all in elo and were baically face roll easy win clans. nowadays Junkz take a huge stride with there consistant playable low star cards releaseing. im not expert but id say Roots All Stars and junks can easily take the cake in the top 3 tier and most used. imo they have the best to offer when not vs sob they have the high power average with soa the high power average with attack manip and the OP sometimes not thought of sneaky power mainp cards (which when dealing with lower star count decks that -power imo can be more effective then +power)
when no bans are in Freaks can own the field with 3 staple 8 power card throw in a 2 star and you have a half deck ready to accept some solid back up in 12 stars (easily doable in elo)
then there is Skeelz getting more powa by the day, they have been in need of offensive abilites (or rather more offensive abilities) and the UR staff lived up to that need plus some with Michael and dr. falkenstein Skeelz couldnt have got much better in terms of powa cards.
Vortex as well gaining pillz back can be huge, a 2 pill bluff (3 counting your extra pill) is HUGE, you either get a low pill win in with damage or you opp pillz more just for you to go back to your original amount, that is quite annoying, only thing they lack is a great offense, they have some solid offensive cards but they are no All Stars or Junkz.
running out of room gotta finish later
50/215
slav.georgiev.3 - Senior English
Wednesday 05/12/2012, 13:56

What is the reasoning for Jungo to be so far down? They look excellent on paper - high power, decent damage, huge life gaps when their bonus is active, attack manipulation and some very good defensive 2* fillers like Pugh, Jean and Mindy. I thought they would be high up on the tier list.

« Previous12345678910...2122Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals