Wats_happenin's ELO challenge

Thursday 15/11/2012, 05:36
wats_happenin - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
56 messages
wats_happenin - Legend - Casual GrindEnglish - Thursday 15/11/2012, 05:36

Hi guys, so as you may have read...I hate the current ELO....alot. So I've decided to issue a challenge to those of you daring enough to be a man (or very strong woman) and step outside of your comfort zone.

My challenge is simple

Play in ELO with:
- No standard cards at all
- No cards that are considered definite staples

For instance my current deck is Montana/Fang pi

Filomena/Sharon/Rosa/Murphy
Ryuichi/Nakata/Rei/Chan

Now obviously 'definite staple' is very ambiguous...but I'll define it to 'no card that ever appears on the temp ban list'

Take All Stars for example
Randy/Robb Cr/Saki are definite staples...Karen and Kang are not

Challenge Issued

Wats_happenin
« Previous123456Next »

31/56
Squirtroll - Imperator - E X C A L I B U R English
Wednesday 21/11/2012, 20:37

1300 is not a challenge to begin with
32/56
wats_happenin - Legend - Casual Grind English
Thursday 22/11/2012, 01:11

I never specified an ELO amount did I squirtroll. I just said play without staples...the goal is whatever you think is fit

Maybe for an Excalibur member like yourself the goal is 1500, for me it's 1300-1400 as I find that hard to get to with my deck
33/56
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Thursday 22/11/2012, 01:39

Ive only put in one session into this so far....

i think people are under estimating the difference between the standard cards vs the older cards.

I am actually finding a massive difference between how good the cards are.
i would actually say that 1300 is a fairly difficult challenge this week --- if you doubt it, make a deck, try it out, then feel free to put in your informed 2 cents

the strength of the new cards allows your opponents to bully you around a bit too much... you will be an under dog most matches - and lose more than you would like to, a lot of your and wins have to be earned.
34/56
subclavianHoA - Imperator - Harbingers of Ares English
Thursday 22/11/2012, 02:47

Note to merlin:

You want to know why excalibur has such a bad reputation? Look no further than this thread!
35/56
MobiusWyrm - Legend - Second 2 None English
Thursday 22/11/2012, 04:54

@Ghelas, sorry the clans I chose were "Standard" only.
Which ones do you think are staples?
36/56
ghelas - Admin - The Trend English
Thursday 22/11/2012, 06:52

@MobiusWyrm: X-0DUS, Cyb Lhia, and Sprinter.

@Everyone who's come out to say that 1300 is easy:
I personally agree, but this was never intended to be some kind of competition. This is just a friendly challenge, taken on by a few guys who have no need to overcompensate for anything.
37/56
Thursday 22/11/2012, 07:49

An unknown player with low 1400 thinks bad of Excalibur, ouch, whatever will we do to please all these nobodies :'(
38/56
wats_happenin - Legend - Casual Grind English
Thursday 22/11/2012, 09:53

Woh squirtroll I never said I think badly of Excalibur. I just said my realistic goal is 1300...maybe everyone elses is higher...that doesn't bother me

Frankly I'm going to push to get higher than low 1400's for ELO after all this
39/56
subclavianHoA - Imperator - Harbingers of Ares English
Thursday 22/11/2012, 12:48

@squiretroll:

Oh, there's no need to please everybody But barging in on a discussion to badmouth everyone involved while gloating about your own accomplishments is generally considered bad behaviour in most civilized societies. If you can resist the urge to do so, it would not only make you a better player, but also a better human being
40/56
Thursday 22/11/2012, 16:39

Not yoy wats, its another little nobody who wouldnt want to live in a wold where everyone lives to please him

« Previous123456Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals