A Murder Mystery (Win A Award Cr)

Tuesday 04/12/2012, 18:09
COLOSSAL-TCA - Novice English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
87 messages
COLOSSAL-TCA - Novice - Time Conquers AllEnglish - Tuesday 04/12/2012, 18:09

In the hectic run up to Christmas and the unexpected voyage of two infamous Clint City members, Copper has had his work cut out for him, down at the Clint City Police Department.

In his haste to be as proactive as possible through this busy season, Dayton has accidentally shred a very important document. This document is an Ancient Crime Statement, describing in detail, one of Clint City's first and most horrific murders. Copper, furious, throws Dayton out of his office and tells him to "Go bust a Montana or something'. For should this document not be remade, or redrawn, the Killer will be released of all charges against them. "And they were guilty as sin." Copper mused.

Horrified, he retrieves the poor strips of ancient parchment from the waste paper basket and glues them back together as best he can. But alas, its no good, the document is far from complete, whole words are either
illegible or entirely missing.

Copper, who was the officer who handled the report at the time, thought back to the interrogation he'd had with the Killer, how the killer had confessed to everything. He believed, even though it was a long long time ago, that he'd be able to fill in the blanks from his memory and remake this very important crime report. He stared at the few salvaged words:

(CONTINUED BELOW)
« Previous123456789Next »

51/87
chenkz - Titan - Gamerz Sanctuary English
Thursday 06/12/2012, 17:07

Also another hints for Q5 please?

i played some elo but i guess i'm not that lucky to bump into some answer
52/87
COLOSSAL-TCA - Novice - Time Conquers All English
Thursday 06/12/2012, 17:11

Question 5 Clue #2: You can always see them in the background.
53/87
Thursday 06/12/2012, 19:07

This event has finished

Congratulations to those that made it to second place: Arunarsirakul Avoid-50-50 and DragoRoyal who worked as a team to solve the event. They are now the proud owners of 2x Chiara Crs and 300x Mok.

And congratulations to third place, chenkz who is now the proud owner of a 0xp Chiara Cr

Congratulations to you all.

Apologies to all that came close, but didn't quite make it. Anyone who reads this AND sent me some answer(s) at some stage, send me what you've completed so far, and I'll make sure you get 500 clintz for each correct answer as a consolation prize. You have until the time I post the answers, to do so.

We are finishing off a private version of this riddle in and when completed I will post ALL answers and solutions AND how to get to there.

Until then, thank you for playing, I sincerely hope you enjoyed this event.

-LASS0L0C
54/87
chenkz - Titan - Gamerz Sanctuary English
Friday 07/12/2012, 03:57

Thanks for the prize and this amazing riddle.

i'm sure everyone enjoyed this event, i hope there are another great event like this again
55/87
0 Kerry - Titan - E X C A L I B U R
Friday 07/12/2012, 15:37

Congratz Arun, Void & Drago This proves that XC players are not just good in ELO, they're smart too
56/87
Saturday 08/12/2012, 05:42

I will now post all answers, solutions and 'just how in the hell to get there'.

Once again, congratulations to all the winners and sincere thanks, not just to them, but to everyone who had a go at this. This was an incredibly difficult Riddle to solve and NOBODY should feel in any way 'unintelligent' for not having been able to do so.

I would like to note, that some of the players didn't even have English as their first language and to have got even one or two questions correct, is nothing short of remarkable. The fact that some of these players solved EVERYTHING, is something I, personally, could never have done, had my primary language been anything other than English. I have no shame in stating that fact.

Rest assured, had 'the shoe been on the other foot', I don't believe I would have managed to solve this.

Question 1 is fairly straight-forward. All one needs to do is correctly calculate various elo scores. The best and easiest way to do this would be by using Urban Rival's elo calculator.

Wait, such a thing exists?

Indeed it does and you can find it here: http://www.urban-rivals.com/game/rules.php?show=elo

Right at the bottom of the page, lies the elo calculator. Then its just a matter of entering in player's (2-9) elo figures and you should get something like this:

1277 ELO
1266 ELO
1254 ELO
1271 ELO
1289 ELO
1288 ELO
1277 ELO
1295 ELO
1310 ELO

Answer: 1310
(I'd of put the answer at 1510, but nobody would've believed it)
57/87
Saturday 08/12/2012, 05:43

Question 2 will be a favorite among Urban Rival's Historians...

Acid DC must lock down the date in which he was poisoned by a rival. We know that date isn't before the date that Acid DC came to Clint City. Kerry mentions this, but also mentions another separate date entirely.

Kerry mentions it can't be before Acid DC came to Clint City before mentioning this other unknown date. Therefore, we know that the answer ALSO CAN'T be the date that Acid DC came to Clint City i.e the date in which Acid DC first appeared on Urban Rivals, which can be found on his character page. Nearly everyone who participated, gave this date, which was incorrect.

Actually, nobody fell for the trap in which I had originally set. This whole question is about how Acid DC got poisoned. Or rather... WHEN. So how do we know WHEN Acid DC was poisoned,.

Well... we don't actually, but we DO know it can't have been BEFORE a particular date. And that particular date MUST be the date at which the ABILITY 'Poison' first came to Urban Rivals.

Back to my original trap... Of course I wanted you all to scream Freaks FREAKS Freaks! And give me the date at which the Freaks first came to Urban Rivals. But, of course, the Freaks weren't the first cards who used poison...

QUESTION 2 ANSWERS CONTINUED BELOW
58/87
Saturday 08/12/2012, 05:43

Actually, the first cards to EVER use poison, were Gheistling and Nina. And these two cards both arrived in Clint City on 30/11/06.

An interesting note to add, is that this particular date is not the same for everyone. You may notice how your date might be a few days off. This is due to Timezone differences between countries and continents. I would have accepted (and did accept) any answers which were within 24 hours of the date we have in the United Kingdom.

Also, although only one player spotted this. Various fan sites of Urban Rivals cite separate dates entirely, weeks, even months apart. If I noticed your answer showed this, I prompted you to use only the ACTUAL Urban Rivals website as your means to locate the answer.

I guess the bigger question is... who's right and who's wrong? Urban Rivals, or the fan sites?

A very helpful topic that would have aided you in locating the answer, would have been: http://www.urban-rivals.com/en/community/forum/?mode=viewsubject&forum_page=0&id_subject=1955667&subject_page=0#answers

Answer: 30/11/06 (Or close enough)
(Much love to my friend MasterfuI )
59/87
Saturday 08/12/2012, 05:44

Question 3 will make you go... hmm?

What makes this question fairly challenging is its sheer simplicity...

Something or someone appears 'by magic' in the middle of two characters, Aktara and Crassus. THIS IS ALL WE KNOW.

This isn't even a simple case of 'Where the hell have I seen that before?'. Because as far as I know, I'm the first person EVER, to have spotted this mistake on behalf of the Urban Rival's staff. I'll take Kudos now...

To get there, its just a simple case of scouring the Urban Rival's website. And eventually, you might come across the Comics section: http://www.urban-rivals.com/en/comics/

The answer lies in a 'Clint City Heroes' comic entitled 'Montana Day Afternoon', Episode 2...

I'll give you some time to find that comic

FOUND IT!

Now, going from left to right, find the 5th picture, its the one right in the middle. Look at the first picture (at the top) And there, you'll see two particular characters, Aktara and Crassus.

In this picture they're standing right next to each other. But one picture down, who's now suddenly appeared (as if by magic) in between them?

Why, none other than Smokey Cr of course and quite by mistake.

Answer: Smokey (Cr)
(The fact he appeared as if in a Puff of 'Smoke', the fact that he was in a police station at the time, the fact that he's now Cr... everything points to THIS killer, as if by... coincidence... But all this was intentional, I promise! *Lies*)
60/87
Saturday 08/12/2012, 05:44

Question 4 is... a load of nonsense...

For the most part, anyway.

I did warn you I loved my red herrings... didn't I?

Regardless, there's a whole ocean of them in this particular question.

Ok, ok, so 4 pirates have found some treasure, they take what they want, then barter around (as pirates do) one gets greedy, steals the treasure and... Oh noes, it doesn't add up correctly. He gets mad, the other guy admits to having bought a beer, I mean COME ON, one beer? Is that too much to ask for? He'd had a long day digging, he was tired, he wanted to celebrate the fact that he'd just found a fortune, what's wrong with that?

But... either these guys suck at math or something's gone awry.

Except... it hasn't.

All's fair in the game of... I can't complete that sentence... So now you're thinking... they're pirates right? Any one of them could have stolen the treasure?

But what if I told you none of them stole the treasure? Not even a pirate stole this treasure? Hell, not even a character from Urban Rivals stole this treasure?

Has your mind blown yet?

QUESTION 4 ANSWERS CONTINUED

« Previous123456789Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals