Spyke could use an elo unban

Thursday 20/12/2012, 01:43
AGPrinz - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
44 messages
AGPrinz - Titan - 'AktivGaming'English - Thursday 20/12/2012, 01:43

Reason - mono Montana, Robb Cr, Artus, , Mono Skeelz, Mono Jungo, Mono Roots, Mono Piranas Dreen, Miho, Quibik, Lena, Desomond, Mona, Tula, Benicio, Jean, T Gaank, Haakan, and ALOT more counter him.

When he was released, he was extremely overpowered. Then UR released a ton of overpowered cards (cards that took the place of older cards) and now he is fair. Please note i didn't include soft counters like monosential, or cards like Stella and Corrina, who can stand toe to toe for a couple of pills.

Without him, Berserk are currently one of the worst clans, next to La Junta, whom lack solid DR and Protection: Damage, but that is another thread entirely.
« Previous12345Next »

2/44
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open Casket English
Thursday 20/12/2012, 04:02

I would agree with you but then a LOT of cards deserve an unban more than him....

I dont know why Lou is too good? Lamar Cr? Elvira? Lea? Bridget?

some cards are still debatable-- Ratanah is not that threatening, Sigma, Wee Lee, copper, Rolph, Arkn etc.
3/44
0 ComeAtMe - Titan - aussie crusaders English
Thursday 20/12/2012, 05:00

FIrstly, I think your crazy. Secondly, why would you want to let him roam free in ELO? For every counter there is there are (roughly) 3 other cards that are completely prone to him. He is banned for a reason, a very good reason. Unleashing him back into ELO will see reduction in numbers of ELO players and lower ELO scores.
4/44
ghelas - Admin - The Trend English
Thursday 20/12/2012, 06:29

The fact that a card has counters does not mean it's balanced. I agree that Spyke is not as bad as many players make him out to be, but he does have a bad effect on the game. Many people would lean on him the way they leaned on Askai.

IMO the meta should move towards interesting groupings of cards, rather than individually strong cards... Individually strong cards simply lead to power creep. Cards that can beat those cards become necessary... And then cards that can beat those cards become necessary... Meanwhile, older cards become progressively less playable.

Berzerk isn't that bad (nor is Junta, for that matter.) Elvis, Melanie, Lola and Sprinter make a great half-deck.
5/44
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Thursday 20/12/2012, 06:48

Nah Spyke deserves his ban.
i imagine kalindra will be headed that way

you have to remember that cards are banned for different reasons... it is too strong or the clan overall is too strong with their presence

but on a related note, i do think some of the cards should be released back into the wild just to see how they will fare -- this has not happened since life changed to 14 points. I still clearly recall Marco and Zatman reentering play, which within a few weeks led to the realization that they were still too good. I think it is time for UR to release a couple of them just to see how they fit into the existing meta
6/44
Saveroftime - Hero - TRiNiTY English
Thursday 20/12/2012, 06:56

Well agree Closely Enough with Waster
7/44
AGPrinz - Titan - 'AktivGaming' English
Thursday 20/12/2012, 07:39

@ ghelas - are you joking?

Mealine deals 2 damage on a bad draw, and vs SOB. she owns allstars on a good draw, admitedly.

Lola - a decent damage dealer / dr, NOT better than Clover imo Sprinter?

Sprinter is a card, that doesn't work. His ability works after his bonus, which has lost me a fair amount of games. If they fix him ill be happy.

Elivs is good, ill admit, but there are better SOAs, namely quibik and Bogdan Jean, and Angelo. The beserk bonus does not go well with Elvis, because you usually dont play him as an opener unless you have to, yet he has a min 2...

Also, look at the cards like Romana and T-gaank, and tell me power creep doesnt already exist. I strongly disagree with your analysis, and wish you saw things my way.
8/44
AGPrinz - Titan - 'AktivGaming' English
Thursday 20/12/2012, 08:01

Also i BELIEVE Bridget was banned becasue Freaks mono + 2 splash was deemed op?
9/44
Mr Intelijent - Hero - D-Versified English
Thursday 20/12/2012, 09:17

'Reason - mono Montana, Robb Cr, Artus, , Mono Skeelz, Mono Jungo, Mono Roots, Mono Piranas Dreen, Miho, Quibik, Lena, Desomond, Mona, Tula, Benicio, Jean, T Gaank, Haakan, and ALOT more counter him.'

You're right, lets unban Copper because every Soa card can beat him! Lets unban Lyse Teria Cr because most Stop cards can beat her! Lets unban GraksmxxT because Heal and Poison cards make him redundant! Let's unban General Cr because Stop cards can beat him, Sob clans defeat his potential and most 7 powered cards over power him!

Every card has a weakness, there is no card that can't be beaten by another card. Unbanning Spyke because he gets beaten by Tula would be like banning Platinum because he can beat Copper....
10/44
Lingod - Titan - Harbingers of Ares Português
Thursday 20/12/2012, 09:27

@ AgPrinz

Really? Your problem with Sprinter is that the habbillity works after the bonus? How is that bad?

He is has very nice card that can quickly turn the tables in GHEIST and Roots heavy weeks, in your hand he will force your oponent to get loose of that soa card as soon as it has the chance.

« Previous12345Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals