What does every clan need?

Thursday 14/02/2013, 08:48
Fanta Pants - Guru English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
25 messages
Fanta Pants - Guru - aussie crusadersEnglish - Thursday 14/02/2013, 08:48

As the title says what do the clans need to be more competitive .

To start it off it is my belief that La Junta need a 3* attack manip card
« Previous123Next »

2/25
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open Casket English
Thursday 14/02/2013, 12:36

Heh good thread.

Sentinel: honestly everything, but to start off a good 5* that has... 8 base power? but I think even before that they need a good 3* that has SoA, or 2*. why? cuz they suck in mono, and thats what they are meant to be played in.

Skeelz: Sorry another SoA is needed. Liam is slightly too weak as pointed out. 4* SoA? idk well in the other thread something with good damage and good solid power.

Ulu Watu: they have so many 5*s, yet not really any of them are really decent for ELO play. you may say Stanly, but in a bad hand activating confidence will be a pain. i say Lulabee, but 6 damage is not that appealing
3/25
KitsuneKatsumi - Imperator - XiongDang English
Thursday 14/02/2013, 12:50

La Junta is a good fighting clan in general, so what they need addressed is their bad machups against some of the more popular clans, namely All Stars, Roots and GHEIST.

Several of their best fighters are power reducers (Dean, Trish and now Pilzken) that unfortunately lose to low min. power reducers including the All Stars. And even arguably their most dangerous character, Isatis, has no advantage whatsoever against Marina (Marina reduces her to 7/5). That's pretty lousy considering she has a Support ability and so already has the weakness against SOA. AS is also a bad matchup for Bryan.

This implies that the two type of characters they need are a better SOB character and a Protection: Power character. Unfortunately I don't think they will get a Heitachi clone or a Benicio clone. Maybe something like:

3*
6/5
SOB

or

4*
8/5
Revenge: SOB

3*
8/3
Protection: Power

As far as addressing SOA, this is because several of their best fighters, especially at 2* and 3*, are ability dependent.
I think they need more characters designed like Ray or Tolliver: Optimal base stats with a normal, conditional fighting bonus. Maybe:

6/5
3*
Confidence: +2 power

Their even damage characters are well supported with several 7/4 3* characters, but their odd damage characters can really use some 3* 6/5 and a better 7 base damage 5* than Dugan or Ed 12.
4/25
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open Casket English
Thursday 14/02/2013, 15:03

6/5 confidence: +2 power is PATHETIC. please read, what La Junta needs is a good ATTACK MANIPULATION. 6 base power gets you nowhere as well... they have enough damage.
5/25
Thursday 14/02/2013, 18:32

So do you want a Taljion clone next for Junta?

6/4
3*
Support: +3 attack

You think this will help them against AS, Roots or GHEIST?

I don't think the designers would make Gertjan for Junta...
6/25
AGPrinz - Titan - 'AktivGaming' English
Thursday 14/02/2013, 20:56

Rescue - SOA blockers

Montana - they have everything they need, maybe just more variety

Sentinal - a 2* that doesn't suck.

GHEIST - More options, maybe a new 2*

Roots - Gretjan banned

Ulu Watu - they are decent, maybe a better 4 and 5*? the only good one righ now is Numar IMO, Eddie is kind of weak against most matchups / doesnt mesh well with all the good +life cards in Ulu Watu

Freaks - I think better 3*s right now, however, they are fine

Allstars - higher damaging 5*s

Fang Pi - too hard to afford / get most of their best cards.

La Junta - OP. kidding but they need better 3*s honestly.

Skeelz - fairly balanced, could use a Greem replacement

Junkz - LOL (MAYBE a 5*)

Jungo - some toned down versions of the cards that are currently perma banned.

Berserk - Cards that don't suck so hard. Cards with strong base stats, and less expensive backlash. an SOB, a better version of Cortez, better DR

Uppers - 4*s

Sak - they are good, less ability dependent cards / stop cards ~3*s

Pussy Cats - 3*s (also a good clan)

Nightmare - fine

Piranha - Smokey unbanned
7/25
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Friday 15/02/2013, 01:06

@Oracle:

" you may say Stanly, but in a bad hand *sneaking him through without confidence should be no problem"

Fixed
8/25
Friday 15/02/2013, 01:49

Skeelz already have a 4* SOA. He doesn't get played.

Skeelz do not need characters with only 6 power...
9/25
Friday 15/02/2013, 02:20

Why can't Sakrohm get above curve or topend characters? Would it have been so bad if Virginia had been 7/7 or 8/5? How many disappointing releases have they gotten? Virginia? Lakit? Anakrohm? Sol Hana? Pieter? Lilou? How ironic that Junkz has been the best clan in ELO since Qubik was released, and Sakrohm near the bottom since Sigma was banned, and yet Junkz get Ramona while Sak gets Lakit, Pieter and Anakrohm. If they ever released an all Sak pack, it should cost no more than 10 credits.

What they need: a better 5 with solid base stats (8/7 or 7/. What about:
5*: 8/7 Stop: -4 opponent damage (min. 1)

and they also lack an above curve 2* which pretty much every other clan now has. Can they get a balanced Sigma at 2*?

2*: 7/2 poison 2 min. 5

And since they have Mantiz, they might as well have some characters with high base damage to take advantage of fhat.

3*: 6/5 +1 power and damage
10/25
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Friday 15/02/2013, 03:17

I would actually go an entirely different way about answering this thread.

What each clan needs is an IDENTITY.

In an attempt to balance a very robust game and root out OP cards, the developers are starting to make the clans look a bit like each other. Many top-tier clans have some nice 5/4* nukes, the obligatory 4* nuke with some kind of utility ability, some low-star walls, at least one DR/damage "hybrid" card, some pill manip... Now if you want any strategy that's possible in UR, you have 4+ clans to pick from.

I say, give the clans something that sets them apart a little bit better, and makes deck-building strategy more relevant again!

« Previous123Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals