Click here if you forgot your password.

Changing Descriptions

Changing Descriptions
Friday 17/05/2013, 02:29
Mr Smokey_WMD - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
10 messages
Changing Descriptions
Mr Smokey_WMD - Imperator - Wise Men DistractedEnglish - Friday 17/05/2013, 02:29

Redra's description used to be something about silencing children with a hand gesture (I don't remember exactly)
but is now:
After having achieved complete silence in the Academy’s library and corridors, Redra is now set on tackling noise coming from the city. And she's not afraid to take to the streets to "punish" drivers who are just a bit too happy-go-lucky with their horns.

This seems strange to me, because I have never seen a description change before. Has this happened to any card before, and does anyone know why?

2/10
KoreaRepublic - Titan - E X C A L I B U R English
Friday 17/05/2013, 02:57

Never seen that happen
3/10
Gomla - Titan - Time Conquers All English
Friday 17/05/2013, 03:21

Only one I can think of off the back of my head is the slight wording change Magenta had to her bio.
4/10
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Friday 17/05/2013, 10:33

I have checked the history on the UR wiki and its the bio you just mentioned It doesn't seem to of changed (might be wrong and the history on the wiki dosn't show the old artical just the changes but I think its correct).

Though it has happened befor with Magenta. You can find what it used to say in the trivia section here: http://urban-rivals.wikia.com/wiki/Magenta
5/10
Pilluminati - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Friday 17/05/2013, 17:43

Well,if you're talking about over the course fo the game,i dont know it to happen.I know of levels and stats to be changed,but if you want in general,there is the infamous Jayzel incident where Jayzel was oringally supposed to be a crossdresser,but people figured it would be too offensive so they made here the Jayzel you see now.
6/10
0 Nomi - Imperator - the courtyard of shadows English
Friday 17/05/2013, 19:12

Hmm, the only "ancient" one i can remember was that Eyrik's old description said he was Ielena's brother. But they do change, just like stats and abilities. The staff screws up every now and then.
7/10
-Rapture- - Imperator English
Saturday 18/05/2013, 00:13

I remember some recent description changes for Ellie and Tsuka, who shipped out with the wrong ability descriptions. Tsuka's card said she was a DR(-3 min 2 iirc) but she actually had the -life ability all along and Ellie had courage added to her ability. I don't know if that was a last minute change or if she was Courage all along. Judging by the comments on Ellies page you would think it's the former but then again. Roots players tend to be a bit... dramatic.

I think there also was a third card in the same release as Ellie and Tsuka who also got a change later on (yeah UR did a splendid job there) but I completely forgot who it was.
8/10
-Rapture- - Imperator English
Saturday 18/05/2013, 00:22

And a little bit of digging later: it was Milena who was in the same release as Ellie, Tsuka and Fanny. Milly was changed from rare to uncommon. Tsuka was indeed a DR(-3 min. 3) but didn't actually DR as she shipped with a -life mission. Ellie probably did actually ship out without courage at first, which possibly makes this a rare case of UR changing a card after release. Wish they would've done that to Mokra

Milena's bit was not a description change, but I'll note it anyway to be complete.
9/10
Memento Mori - Titan - Open Casket English
Saturday 18/05/2013, 03:24

URDB gets all character info and bios as soon as characters are released, and unless I change them manually later the info isn't updated (this is done to prevent errors with different translations).

So if the bio is the same in urban-rivals.com and urdb.kirlad.net then the almost certainly it wasn't changed.
10/10
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Saturday 18/05/2013, 13:17

So Redra didn't change then like I fought.

This still leaves Magenta as the only card, i think, Who has had a bio changed which wasn't due to the bio being bugged or incorrect.

"When she was first released her bio included " Magenta is certainly Clint City’s most attractive resuscitated corpse. But she is also its most dangerous and, dead or alive, she certainly doesn't consider herself a sex object!" But it was changed to "Magenta is certainly Clint City's most attractive resuscitated corpse. But she is also its most dangerous and, dead or alive, she is nobody's slave!" Also, in most other languages, the bio isn't adapted to the new translation (they stil use the "sex object" part)"

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals