Has ELO got harder?

Has ELO got harder?
Thursday 23/05/2013, 12:52
lgeddie_1134 - Hero English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
12 messages
Has ELO got harder?
lgeddie_1134 - Hero - wicked soulsEnglish - Thursday 23/05/2013, 12:52

When I was first starting in UR I used to get to 1300 ELO pretty much every week. Now I can't seem to manage it. Do players get matched up based on level as well as ELO score?
« Previous12Next »

2/12
WMDuessel - Imperator - Wise Men Distracted English
Thursday 23/05/2013, 13:13

I don't think so, although there are less idiotic players around. I think ELO score is the only factor when it comes to match ups, although I have heard some rumors from high-ranking players about the system taking into account deck buildup and clans. Can't confirm it though.
3/12
TGAP-Trixie - Senior English
Thursday 23/05/2013, 18:55

Just use the clearly broken cards on weeks they're elo legal and you'll get 1300 again without having to do much of anything
4/12
AmberRed1994 - Imperator - Limit Break English
Thursday 23/05/2013, 19:01

Stable and strong clans that are still viable even with bans: Montana, All Stars, Roots.
Some clans that don't usually get banned and are playable: Ulu Watu, Rescue.
5/12
Soiuku - Imperator - Casual Grind English
Thursday 23/05/2013, 21:01

Make your deck work with the current format, others will and some just rotate decks out.
Where do your troubles stem from? SOA, SOB, Stop otr DR?
Rather than trying to press through the fray rise above and adapt to it.
Tel us where your trouble clans and tactics lie to get a more concise batch of help
6/12
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Thursday 23/05/2013, 22:35

Yes and no....

the influx of more powerful cards have made it easier for a less experienced (and you can generally assume skilled) to win more games from more experienced players.

so yes but at the same time no. depends on you
7/12
ghelas - Admin - The Trend English
Friday 24/05/2013, 02:55

I think there are a lot of good answers here, but there's one important thing that hasn't been taken into consideration. Hitting 1300 takes about a 50% win rate. If you can't hit 50% over a large string of matches, the unfortunate truth is that most players are outplaying you. So, keep track of your losses and try to figure out what exactly is going wrong. It could be that your deck is not well-rounded enough, or that you are playing a bit predictably, or that you overpill/underpill needlessly and create too-large risks for yourself. Talk to good ELO players in your guild and pick up some tips if you can. Ask them what they're running and how they make it work for them.
8/12
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Friday 24/05/2013, 06:52

Here have a read of an old old post but still relevant --- can't believe the less the 50% win rate was not common belief then

http://www.urban-rivals.com/community/forum/?mode=viewsubject&subject_page=2&id_subject=1541051

the question is how many games do you really want to take to get there... 120? i much prefer getting there in 40 or less

edited by wasteroftime Friday 24/05/2013, 06:52
9/12
WMDuessel - Imperator - Wise Men Distracted English
Saturday 25/05/2013, 13:09

I really don't believe in this 50% thing. Sure it may work sometimes, but statistically winning 50% of your games is not the absolute end-all strategy to getting 1300. It's not.

It's possible to win 80 games against lower ELO score opponents and lose 80 games to lower ELO score opponents, and end up still stuck at the 1000 range. Based on experience, even at a level as low as 1100, it takes two wins to make up a loss most of the time. Just adding my 0.02$
10/12
M-Bison - Titan - URBAN MADNESS English
Saturday 25/05/2013, 13:27

I do believe that if you can get 1300 in 40-50-60 games then you can get 1400. If you can constantly get 1300 without a problem then that ELO isn't your true ELO, you belong higher.

People forget ELO is a ranking system. If you can get to the 1300 ranking with ease then you can get higher if you tried. But I also do believe in a high number of people not having the entire week to place and would rather just get 1300 in 40 games and call it a week. That's my 0.03$.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals