Elo in Standard 25 format

Sunday 29/09/2013, 20:03
Respect WMD - Guru English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
8 messages
Respect WMD - Guru English - Sunday 29/09/2013, 20:03

I honestly don't know what everyone would think about this. But in my opinion this looks like alot of fun.

Elo in standard format with the 25* limit. I really love the limitation on what cards can be used.

Anyone else have thoughts? Or an idea for an elo change?

2/8
_Guedes_ - Master Português
Sunday 29/09/2013, 20:35

I dont think i understood your suggestion; you are suggesting to remove the staff and players ban form elo mode, but remain with the 25* limiti? Is that it?
3/8
HoAzeem - Imperator - Harbingers of Ares English
Sunday 29/09/2013, 21:13

So Elo will be 1 clan dominated is that what your wanting? No, they need to bring T1 back.
4/8
Spikey 13 - Guru - lonely fighters English
Sunday 29/09/2013, 21:53

Hmm, the main problem with that is that few people enough play in each mode anyway, you don't want to split elo into 2 too...
5/8
Monday 30/09/2013, 00:09

Yeah not removing the elo system we have now. A new seperate one. There could still be elo bans.
6/8
_Guedes_ - Master Português
Monday 30/09/2013, 02:04

Did you read this announcement from the staff: http://www.urban-rivals.com/community/forum/?mode=viewsubject&id_subject=2388024

???

In other words: they want to transform ELO in a standard format like you are suggesting here.

This suggestion generated a strong negative reaction by the community in general.

Why?

Because standard format su*%s. I mean, whats the point of perma ban old cards and make them useless?? That would make useless all the other clans in time too, while the new ones will be always stronger and stronger (like happened, and still happens with huracans if they are not player ban in ELO). Even if they keep replacing those old cards for new ones, is just an artifact to keep pushing the players to buy more credits and more cards to replace the old ones for the new and strong ones.

And who plays standard format anyways?

I think ELO mode is good as it is now. Sure, it needs some tweaks, and a rotation in the staff ban cards would be great to refresh the meta from times to times.... but perma ban old cards just because they are old??? I think that's just not reasonable.

Standard format is flawed imho, and should be kept far away from ELO mode.

Just my impressions thought, i wouldnt be bored if they create and alternative standard ELO mode, i just think few people would play it (as few people actually play standard as it is now).
7/8
Monday 30/09/2013, 03:02

Yeah like i said, a completely different elo format. the one there is now. and a seperate standart 25 format. Never said they should change elo to a standard format. I read that forum a long time ago and I agree changing elo to that would be a step in the wrong direction, but a seperate elo format would open up doors. It would be good for deck builders and new players alike.
8/8
412rayray - Titan - D-Versified English
Monday 30/09/2013, 10:14

I pretty much only play elo style game modes. Standard is way too ridiculous for me (n most players). Elo is supposed to b the elite game mode of them all, why screw w it?

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals