Tournies?/?/?/?/?

Tournies?/?/?/?/?
Saturday 19/06/2010, 23:18
AegisDivine - Guru English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
29 messages
Tournies?/?/?/?/?
AegisDivine - Guru English - Saturday 19/06/2010, 23:18

Can someone explain how the point system works in tournies? I just don't understand how if I play my best in 25 min I accumulate 50 points and by then the top player has 200+ points, I mean I can win many matches but damn I just can't keep up to their godlike speed in getting points it all doesn't make much sense to me..
« Previous123Next »

11/29
TheDarkOrc10 - Hero - Dark Order of Assassins English
Monday 21/06/2010, 15:52

Erm moderator without sounding impertinent arent battle points totally different from tournament points, what it means is your tournement points are 25 - your hand, I am unfamilar with dt type 2 rules but for type 1 a 1 star card beating a 5 star card only counts for battle points and not tournament points and as far as I am aware battle points are not added to the tournement points, i have seen many folk getting confused between tournament points and battle points, if battle points are included in the points thingy then it should say so somewhere! I
If you are really good you therefore could have 8 strong 2 star cards which which work well together and therefore a win would get you 25-8 tournament points = 17 tournament points. I have had 144 and 135 tournament points as my best scores, Good players would get to 100 very quickly and then would win in the shortended time limit, I struggle in the shortended time limit that you get when you get over 100 because it favours the best cards more than skill plus opponents have stronger hands now as they too must have been alright to get 100 points.
12/29
Force Majeure - Moderator - Open Casket English
Monday 21/06/2010, 18:22

@ TheDarkOrc10

Where'd you get the tournament points from? You always get battle points during tournaments, not tournament points.
Your goal in a Tournament is to score as many "battle points" as possible during the course of the Tournament. And yes these things are located somewhere. They're all in the game's rules.

http://www.urban-rivals.com/game/rules.php?show=tournament

Battle points are computed as follows:

http://www.urban-rivals.com/game/rules.php?show=table

But as stated in the first link, there are special scoring rules during tourneys being:
No bonus points when a character goes up a level.
No more than 2 bonus points in total for the “KO with remaining Pillz” bonus and/or “Life points over 12” bonus.
If you win and your team of 4 contained characters banned by staff in ELO, 2 points will be removed per character.
If 2 players have more than 100 points during a tournament, the time allotted to play each round is considerably reduced.

And as I always say, please read the game's rules. It really helps a lot.
http://www.urban-rivals.com/community/forum/?mode=viewsubject&forum_page=&id_subject=946237&subject_page=0
13/29
Tuesday 22/06/2010, 18:58

I have read the rules which is why I say tournament points, it says if you win you get 25 - the sum of your hand but does not refer to these points as battle points, if what you are saying is that those 25- sum of hand points are battle points it should of said so, I can understand why there seems to be two schools of thought one using the 25- sum of hand and the other based on the levels of each character per round personally I now know what the rules are intending to mean if you are correct forece majure. It means you get some points based on how well you did in the fight plus 4 battle points for a loss or 25- the sum of characters in your hand. Its not my fault that the rules dont make this clear, because they dont call the points for a win battle points. So this means you can win about 4 points if your 1 star beats a five star and if you had four awesome one stars you would get this x 4 you would then pick up a massive 25 - 4 points for the win. If you lost you would still get those indvidual rounds you won and 4 points for the loss. Makes sense now.
14/29
Wednesday 23/06/2010, 08:35

Well after about 1 week here to be honest I absolutely detest these type of tournies they make me feel so racy to get to top I did however manage to build a deck that can get me to top 50, I just don't have that adrenaliine to get to top 10 and anything less then that is pretty pointless and a waste of effort. I hope the urban rival crew acknowledge this and come up with better type of tournies.
15/29
Xiander - Titan - Random Encounter English
Wednesday 23/06/2010, 10:26

TheDarkorc10.
In the rules, under daily tournaments, it says in bold print: Your goal in a Tournament is to score as many battle points as possible during the course of the Tournament.

So yes, what you just summed up is in fact the case.
16/29
Wednesday 23/06/2010, 15:03

Thankz Xiander
17/29
Jesuela - Titan English
Wednesday 23/06/2010, 20:52

18/29
badna0 - Titan English
Thursday 24/06/2010, 03:21

Whenever possible, if you're about to KO an opponent and have attack to spare, leave a pill off for the pill bonus (+2 points). this pays off over the course of a tourney.
Whenever you have multiple kills possible, choose the path that creates the most points for you (eg. kill their 5 stars with your 2 stars, etc.) This maximizes your in-game points.
There's two ways to do well in DT afaik -
1) the Uppers/2hko way: kill everyone in 2-3 rounds with low starred cards. You'll probably make between 10-15 a match, but if you play fast, you'll be able to get a lot of battles in.
2) control way: kill in 4 rounds, but use powerful low starred cards to create lots of battle points. I use Piranas in DTs and they do very well. Pill manip usually ensures a +2 at the end of a match, and the Piranas have a slew of good 2* and 3*s, which equates to good points created. Using this method each fight takes a little longer, but I average a little over 20 points per victory, which is quite good. In some fights where I win all 4, I can get close to 30 points (in tourney).

My other advice would be don't use Jungo or Pussycats as they slow the fight. Pill manipulation is good b/c often the fight is over after the first round and your opponents play fast to finish. Big life differences and reduction just make the person take longer to add/subtract, and doesn't help you kill your opponent faster.
19/29
rogueSleipnir - Guru - URBAN MADNESS English
Thursday 24/06/2010, 04:03

>>Well after about 1 week here to be honest I absolutely detest these type of tournies they make me feel so racy to get to top I did however manage to build a deck that can get me to top 50, I just don't have that adrenaliine to get to top 10 and anything less then that is pretty pointless and a waste of effort. I hope the urban rival crew acknowledge this and come up with better type of tournies.

you not winning the tournaments is not a pertinent problem of the game for the rest of us...

the reason they win is that they are better.
the reason that we play too is to improve.
20/29
Thursday 24/06/2010, 10:52

I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds these tounries to be stale after a while of play..

« Previous123Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals