Mono-Jungo Decks - Any Good?

Thursday 22/07/2010, 13:55
vytalibus - Hero English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
7 messages
vytalibus - Hero English - Thursday 22/07/2010, 13:55

I've been using a Mono-Jungo deck for awhile when participating in tournaments (partially because my second-best deck consists of Sentinels and I've had issues with trying to get fast KOs). However, I am surprised by how few there are players who use Mono-Jungo decks in tournaments, and I'm starting to wonder whether Jungo is a good clan to build a tournament deck on.

Mind you, I've only participated in three tournaments thus far, so I'm still a newbie (granted, I've been actively around for only a week now). Still, my finishes aren't so bad: my best would probably be 31st in about 4000+. I find the +2 Life Bonus for Jungo to be quite a cushion whenever I win rounds, and they have some good cards that can really widen the gap due to either their damage or their walls (Askai's probably the most common card I usually see on the players who do use a Jungo-concentrated deck in tournaments).

I'm not here to know which clans I should be using for tournaments, though. I want to know specifically if Jungo decks are any good in tournaments of either types. Let me know what you think.

2/7
vytalibus - Hero English
Thursday 22/07/2010, 14:19

http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=1402718

Just so you know what deck I'm currently using. Note the low budget allotted for the deck: I'm planning on getting a new one later on.
3/7
JEDI-Matchu - Titan - Le Nouvel Ordre Jedi English
Thursday 22/07/2010, 15:48

The most important point is if you like to play Jungo in DT... so play it and have fun!
I guess that the Jungo clan is not played that much for DT because you have to play 3 or 4 rounds to win the battle. Some clans allow you to KO your opponent faster.
Any way, just find the strategies that fit you and play. As you said you're a young player in that game, you'll have to play many battles to improve your results.
4/7
Chunderbaw - Senior
Wednesday 08/09/2010, 21:16

Im new to Jungo aswell I used to use Fang Pi , so its a big change for me from having heavy dmg cards and usually being able to 2hko, and with Jungo the average win usually requires a 3hko or 4hko to win, although I have noticed that using junog in dt gives you alot more battle points if you win because of the need to kill more cards and gain hp bonuses which if you have over 12 hp by the end of the match can leave you with upto 30 points with left over pills. My advice, get a deck with high power cards and use your highest bluffable cards like Buba Adler or Ongh etc and play a bit of psychological warfare with the opponent to make them waste their pills.
5/7
Z4KALW3 - Guru
Thursday 09/09/2010, 13:42

Jungo aren't inherently a good clan for DTs as their win ehos is based on gap potential.

Not saying it can't be done, of course, but it's not the sharpest tool for the job.
6/7
TCG_Kris - Senior English
Friday 10/09/2010, 07:03

I could see Jungo being a pretty strong DT clan if used correctly.

Something like Buba Askai Boohma Jalil Dagooba Wendy Pegh and Mindy

Which would fit nicely into the DT thought of quick 2hko's with Askai hitting a 2hko with All but the 2 stars and also Buba, Boohma, Jalil, and Dagooba being able to 2hko with Fury with eachother.

The only set back would be the glaring set back for most clans. Their bonus isn't attack manipulation. And a slight weakness to SOA (Buba, Jalil, Boohma) but also Dagooba helps for that as well.
7/7
URHunter - Titan English
Saturday 11/09/2010, 10:09

@kris: every clan that isn't manipulation (power or attack) have an inherit weakness against SoA (their bonus doesn't help offset the SOA clan's ability) and every clan that isn't All Stars and is manipulation has inherit weakness against SOB (usually the stats are lower/ability not very good compared to SOB cards)

Having a weak spot doesn't mean you always lose those game, but that's the metagame in a shell.
SOA>non-manips>SOB>manips>SOA, with manips>non-manips and SOA>SOB

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals