EVENT SUGGESTION: modify voting in awarding of prizes

Thursday 25/11/2010, 04:58
HarionVincent - Guru English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
52 messages
HarionVincent - Guru English - Thursday 25/11/2010, 04:58

I just finished my first event and i'm a little frustrated that the awarding of prizes was a failure. why? because i need to have 50% yes votes in order to award the jackpot. that is all well and good if the participants are good sports. but most losers are not and will do anything to block the winners from getting the prizes. of course if you are a loser in the event, you will not vote. only those who get something were voting yes in my event.

i suggest the following:

voting should be before event starts. event creator will put in the prize rules and have everyone vote. if everyone agrees, event will start. the event cannot start until everyone agrees with the prize rules. then when creator closes event, prizes would just be automatically be distributed. that way, no one can say they are being treated unfairly because they agreed with the rules from the start. and no one can frustrate the winners from getting the prizes they deserved.

my event would've been very successful if not for that prize awarding failure. what was i suppose to say to the winners that they can't get the prizes i promised? that the other particpants were being jackasses?
« Previous123456Next »

2/52
-Grave Lie- - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Thursday 25/11/2010, 05:54

Problem with that.... You mean, you already know the winners before the event starts?
3/52
HarionVincent - Guru English
Thursday 25/11/2010, 13:15

Grave lie, you are stupid aren't you? of course what the participant would be voting for before the event are the PRIZE RULES not the winners. example: you will say: jackpot will be divided like - 50% for 1st place, 30% for 2nd place, and 20% for 3rd place. then the event participants would either vote yes or no.

in fact, the way UR set up prize awarding is unnecessary. instead of having the creator assign the winners manually, that could be done by the system. so that all the creator have to do when creating the event is assign a percentage for the division of jackpot, and the system will hand out the jackpot automatically when the event is closed. UR can even include awarding of cards in the system.
4/52
DS_coolasc - Titan - ★ĐaяӄŠonş XIII★ Português
Thursday 25/11/2010, 14:12

completely agree with suggestion, got my event done aswell for over 1 month and no prize been distributed
5/52
money card - Senior English
Thursday 25/11/2010, 16:15

I think that they should award the. full prize insted of half
6/52
Infiniti - Senior English
Thursday 25/11/2010, 16:36

A point surporting grave lie

well if the event was between

a level:
and a level 50

who do you think will win? 0_o
7/52
HonorGuard - Titan English
Thursday 25/11/2010, 18:32

The level 15 ofc
8/52
Lord Cristian - Moderator - United Romania Română
Thursday 25/11/2010, 20:11

Harion has made a great suggestion. Sometimes the voting process is extremely unpleasant and the ability to set the way the jackpot is awarded when you create the event would be a huge improvement.
9/52
Madis Pimp1 - Senior English
Thursday 25/11/2010, 20:45

A simpler way to do this would be the ppl who don't agree with the prize rules just DON'T JOIN THE EVENT
Talk about overthinking it
10/52
M-Bison - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Thursday 25/11/2010, 23:27

I bet Ghostbusters could solve this.

« Previous123456Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals