ELO changes, more information
Friday 30/07/2010, 10:58
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
600 messages
ELO changes, more information
Euzebe - Legend English - Friday 30/07/2010, 10:58

Hello all,

It seems you needed some more explanations about new changes in ELO. We will do our best to explain those changes here.
We want to use the ELO bans not only to make this mode more balanced but also to make it funnier. Therefore we will ban several characters in addition to the ones which are already in the staff list.
The characters in this additional list won’t be in the staff banned characters list. Which means that it won’t be penalizing in Daily Tournaments.

We are making these changes in order to make the ELO mode funnier et not letting it strategically freeze. Therefore this list of characters may regularly change. We try hard not to make too big changes at a time so you can easily follow what’s happening.

One more thing :
A new system will be released during August to see how the ELO mode will improve. In September, according to the results we will decide on the definitive changes which will be necessary.

Here list of the characters which will be banned in ELO from next Monday (08/02):
(You’ll also find the ELO staff banned characters)

Staff banned (with DT penalties):
Zatman, Ratanah, Wee Lee, Jackie, Lyse Teria Cr, Vickie Cr, Kiki Cr, General Cr, DJ Korr Cr, Tanaereva, Guru Cr, GraksmxxT, Lamar Cr, Alec Cr, Marco, Kolos, Hawk

New list bans (no DT penalty):
Striker
Jessie
Marina
Rolph
Toro
Bristone
Leviatonn
Sylth
Rowdy
Spiaghi
Ghumbo
Dalhia
Smokey Cr
Hawkins
Yayoi
Charlie
Gwen
Wanda
Sledg
Shakra
Noodile
Uranus
Lehane
Caelus
Nanook
Dorian
All Leader

Have fun
« Previous12345678910...5960Next »

51/600
Philon - Veteran English
Friday 30/07/2010, 23:24

How funnier.
52/600
Bemmoth - Titan English
Friday 30/07/2010, 23:28

Uplift ban: Gwen, Bristone
Ban: Blaaster, Vermyn N, Emeth, Mona, Elvira, Olga, and Copper.
53/600
Tulafor2010 - Veteran - Soul City English
Saturday 31/07/2010, 00:19

OMG good bye to Hawkins Smokey and Dalhia What the Heck!!!
54/600
Dracata WMD - Titan English
Saturday 31/07/2010, 00:21

I'm kinda curious behind the thinking for the all Leader ban.

Morphun and Hugo, maybe Eklore and Eyrik I understand, they can cover up some clan weaknesses very strongly.

Ambre has a big weakness in herself being hard to hit for not much damage and Timber is an easily thwarted 5 star, both them hope that the game will be over before they are forced to be played which is a high expensive risk, but should remain an option.

Ashigaru I think would increase the thoughtfulness in deck design if he was included, I'm actually pretty suprised more heavy sided(lots of 5's and 2/1 stars) decks don't use him.

Bridget and Vholt I think are a bit pathetic and I'm not sure anyone would use them but who knows with the top tier leaders gone.
55/600
HighFidelity - Legend - Open Casket Deutsch
Saturday 31/07/2010, 00:29

Yayoi
Charlie
Gwen
Wanda

an with what cards exactly are the Pussycats now supposed to compete in elo or elo survivor?
just delete them now together with the Freaks.
and why are Nightmare getting away that easily. if you cut all those cards cut Oshitsune too.
also i don't get why chiara is not on the list although all the other splashers are there.
anyway looks like it's gonna be Junkz/La Junta/ Bangers time now
56/600
gothomguy - Hero - Organized Konfusion English
Saturday 31/07/2010, 01:05

I've decided (after a while of thinking about it), that I don't mind the idea of extending the ban list. What I do mind, however, is what is going on this extended ban list.

Pussycats have been rendered useless. Not many people used them to begin with, but now this? Gwen was a pretty pointless ban too. I understand she can be a 1* filler, but not many people use her for that anyways.

GHEIST have been pretty much destroyed (MAYBE a half deck can be used). Leviatonn and Bristone? I could understand banning one of them, but not both. Toro, I understand. Rolph, I can see...sort of.

Piranas were hit hard, but they have good back-up cards, so they'll survive.

All-Stars have probably been hit the hardest. Not only did they lost their 3 best cards (arguable), but they also lost their Leader (Eyrik), basically destroying any chance of a mono All-Stars deck.

All Leaders are banned? Why? I want to use Timber! (That's a joke)

Then there's Nanook...Ulu were already horrible to begin with, but then they go lose their staple 3 star? Rough.

Bangers somehow manage to remain untouched. Their were a top clan in ELO before these bans and are probably going to rise to the top when they take effect.

I've read these posts and I say this (some others have already stated these):

Uplift Ban: Gwen, Bristone, Nanook, Marina OR Striker (One of them), Spiaghi (Montana are hurting enough without Hugo now), Uranus, Sledg, Hawkins

Ban: Blaaster, Oshitsune, Emeth (Borderline), Copper, Lea OR Elvira
57/600
TasoTheGreek - Legend - Harbingers of Ares English
Saturday 31/07/2010, 01:32

Chiara should be on that list
58/600
M-Bison - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Saturday 31/07/2010, 01:33

Your acting like its the end of the world il give you a Pussycats half if you want one so badly :
Ditha *5
Elly Mae/Veronica 4*
Muze 3*
Noon Steevens 1*
Change Muze to Alice if you want another 1* filler.
And there you have it a 11* half or 13* half.
Okay i admit its not as strong as Yayoi Charlie Gwen Wanda but you got to remember that every clan has been cut down to size so your half doesnt have to be as strong (although it would be nice).
It would be unfair to ban cards like Lehane/Spiaghi but not ban amazing 1* fillers and very usable pre/evos cards.
I cant believe people are still complaining about this, it seems a great idea and cant wait to try out my new decks and see what im up against.
And as for Oshitsune not being banned its because that would leave Nightmare with nothing. Kenny/Glorg dont compete with todays power anymore so they only really have Oshitsune and Azgroth as a decent 4* (although kennys ability makes up for power). Now i know your gonna start shouting at me 'What about All Stars!!' well think about it they still have Robb/StaceyOyoh/Randy/Alexei which are all very playable so you'll have plenty of choice.
As i said before the only card i disagree with on that list is Rowdy and admins have already said its not perm so no point even sweating about it.
59/600
Lordalmar - Imperator English
Saturday 31/07/2010, 01:51

I shouldn't have any trouble with the bans, i even have a Pussycats deck ready to try out. can't wait to try it next week.
60/600
Dragon11 6 - Titan - Masters of Battle English
Saturday 31/07/2010, 02:08

Keep Ghumbo and copper permanently banned!!!!

« Previous12345678910...5960Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals