ELO changes, more information
Friday 30/07/2010, 10:58
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
600 messages
ELO changes, more information
Euzebe - Legend English - Friday 30/07/2010, 10:58

Hello all,

It seems you needed some more explanations about new changes in ELO. We will do our best to explain those changes here.
We want to use the ELO bans not only to make this mode more balanced but also to make it funnier. Therefore we will ban several characters in addition to the ones which are already in the staff list.
The characters in this additional list won’t be in the staff banned characters list. Which means that it won’t be penalizing in Daily Tournaments.

We are making these changes in order to make the ELO mode funnier et not letting it strategically freeze. Therefore this list of characters may regularly change. We try hard not to make too big changes at a time so you can easily follow what’s happening.

One more thing :
A new system will be released during August to see how the ELO mode will improve. In September, according to the results we will decide on the definitive changes which will be necessary.

Here list of the characters which will be banned in ELO from next Monday (08/02):
(You’ll also find the ELO staff banned characters)

Staff banned (with DT penalties):
Zatman, Ratanah, Wee Lee, Jackie, Lyse Teria Cr, Vickie Cr, Kiki Cr, General Cr, DJ Korr Cr, Tanaereva, Guru Cr, GraksmxxT, Lamar Cr, Alec Cr, Marco, Kolos, Hawk

New list bans (no DT penalty):
Striker
Jessie
Marina
Rolph
Toro
Bristone
Leviatonn
Sylth
Rowdy
Spiaghi
Ghumbo
Dalhia
Smokey Cr
Hawkins
Yayoi
Charlie
Gwen
Wanda
Sledg
Shakra
Noodile
Uranus
Lehane
Caelus
Nanook
Dorian
All Leader

Have fun
« Previous12345678910...5960Next »

71/600
Lordalmar - Imperator English
Saturday 31/07/2010, 08:11

Thought i would post a deck i just used in the elo tournement

http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=1417895

its a Pussycats deck made for the new rule changes next week. used under current rules it got me 5-3 record and 1051 elo fairly easy. should work well next week.

people saying Pussycats are useless with the bans next week need to think again.
72/600
Kyssune - Veteran English
Saturday 31/07/2010, 08:22

Some decks have been completed destroyed imo, its already almost impossible for certains decks to beat others. but this increased ban has prettty much taken a few of the only saving Grace cards from decks. and putting others at the lvl that others were once at. THe leaders being banned or getting banned is a good idea but honestly its destroyed alot of decks and its going to bring in people basicly usen the same varition of fewer decks. which honestly is just making the game boring. what makes this game fun is being able to use a wide variety of cards not being even more limited to what we can use. and wasting peoples time on cards they have worked hard to get because if they dont wanna buy credits they cant even sell cards on the public sales. it takes for ever to get a decent card if you cant sell cards on the market. So basically lets see it took me almost 2 weeks get win enough credits to buy a 8000 clintz card because i didnt wanna spend money on credits. What about those who cant afford to? now your just taken away the time that they spent tryen to get those cards as well. sure having a handful of cards banned was fine. but it should have been done by mods to make the game fair not the players. Most players just get aggrivated because there deck couldnt win and when a card gets in there way they will vote for a ban. SOrry about my little rant but honestly i think this was a bad choice and its prolly going to cause a loss in players. ANother reason alot of people quit
73/600
Kyssune - Veteran English
Saturday 31/07/2010, 08:23

Is that they dont want to buy credits or just plain cant buy credits even though they may be cheap. and with out doing so they cant use the market. I understand private sales but the open market is abit much.
74/600
Bilbo1_OC - Titan - Open Casket English
Saturday 31/07/2010, 09:48

Im going to put in my two cents again

Some comments (informed by 3 years in UR)
Power Creep has now been eliminated in ELO. Which, in my opinion, is a good thing. For those of you who don't know, power creep is the slow change of staple cards being 6 pwr to being 8 pwr (now). With increased ban lists, the base power of cards can now drop back down 6/7 allowing MANY more cards to be used. This utilises many more cards with multiple options. i can now play Gertrud and know she may actually get through some times (not that I will).

For those of you who complain about no longer being able to make decks. Seriously if you can't think creatively enough to come up with options, then I wonder how you made it to lv 15 to play ELO.

For those complaining about the cost now involved in buying more cards. It is a trading card game AND the cards they banned were the expensive ones. So if you saved up for, say Caelus, sell him, and with him you will now be able to buy the other cards you need to make a competitive deck as the now useful cards are cheaper than the previous nukes.

For those commenting about clans being targeted (or not) - thank you. Im sure you that the admins appreciate your input. But using both your input and the play data from the next few weeks will determine whether or not what you say actually comes to pass.

For those of you who remain quiet and will adapt and play on. Fantastic

*end rant*
75/600
Signomi - Titan - D-Versified English
Saturday 31/07/2010, 10:38

Yeah, sorry bout what I said earlier(though truth be told I'm still pissed).

Right now, I suggest using a clan that you haven't used before, like Junkz, which is seriously overrated. (Actually, Gil SHOUL be perma-banned, even if he is expensive).

But as of the moment, sold my Leviatonn and trying to make a decent Freaks/Jungo deck.
76/600
Trippie - Legend - Open Casket English
Saturday 31/07/2010, 10:40

The old hobbit speaks again, silencing anyone who dares to challenge him.

I don't mind seeing 3 decks in one week, as long as they're not seen the next week. Variety in changing of clans is good enough for me
77/600
0 Oldmate - Guru - PokiMaBuoni English
Saturday 31/07/2010, 10:53

Im gunna put my 1.50 worth in (bet you bilbo)

guys banning these cards is to make the clans strenght even even if there the best cards of that clan. for example you don't need Striker and Marina to make a good allstar deck. Use Lui and Alexei for the two 4 stars.and besides half these cards needed permently banned. But others like spaighi, Nanook Bristone. Ect.this is to give more deck ideas and to balance out the clans. you complainers can complain all you want you wont do you much fill up this tread personlly i'm happy about these bannings even though im a Junkz player banning Rowdy dont worry me theres always other options like nobrodriod and Rowdy. I accually reckon all these cards needed banning sooner or later.
78/600
jimbobjam - Guru English
Saturday 31/07/2010, 13:42

If your trying to make ELO mode more fun, why not ban Kinjo and Kolos
I don't think anyone could deny that they've had the game a little ruined at some point or another by a 1 hit KO - makes the game not so fun
79/600
Bikini Joe Ld - Veteran English
Saturday 31/07/2010, 15:03

Oh look at that, not single Freaks is banned
80/600
3M lushfer - Titan - 3LO MA$T3R English
Saturday 31/07/2010, 15:26

I think the new clan Leader will be Bangers,second clan La Junta or FPC because this clans dont have cards banned

« Previous12345678910...5960Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals