ELO changes, more information
Friday 30/07/2010, 10:58
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
600 messages
ELO changes, more information
Euzebe - Legend English - Friday 30/07/2010, 10:58

Hello all,

It seems you needed some more explanations about new changes in ELO. We will do our best to explain those changes here.
We want to use the ELO bans not only to make this mode more balanced but also to make it funnier. Therefore we will ban several characters in addition to the ones which are already in the staff list.
The characters in this additional list won’t be in the staff banned characters list. Which means that it won’t be penalizing in Daily Tournaments.

We are making these changes in order to make the ELO mode funnier et not letting it strategically freeze. Therefore this list of characters may regularly change. We try hard not to make too big changes at a time so you can easily follow what’s happening.

One more thing :
A new system will be released during August to see how the ELO mode will improve. In September, according to the results we will decide on the definitive changes which will be necessary.

Here list of the characters which will be banned in ELO from next Monday (08/02):
(You’ll also find the ELO staff banned characters)

Staff banned (with DT penalties):
Zatman, Ratanah, Wee Lee, Jackie, Lyse Teria Cr, Vickie Cr, Kiki Cr, General Cr, DJ Korr Cr, Tanaereva, Guru Cr, GraksmxxT, Lamar Cr, Alec Cr, Marco, Kolos, Hawk

New list bans (no DT penalty):
Striker
Jessie
Marina
Rolph
Toro
Bristone
Leviatonn
Sylth
Rowdy
Spiaghi
Ghumbo
Dalhia
Smokey Cr
Hawkins
Yayoi
Charlie
Gwen
Wanda
Sledg
Shakra
Noodile
Uranus
Lehane
Caelus
Nanook
Dorian
All Leader

Have fun
« Previous12...67891011...5960Next »

81/600
Goatmanji - Veteran - URBAN MADNESS English
Saturday 31/07/2010, 15:52

How about instead of complaining about what cards you cannot use anymore, why doesn't everyone actually try some of the cards they haven't been using?

GHEIST has more than 4 good cards. OMG, people will have to use others! End of the world! Sheesh.

Pussycats have some wonderful cards that I've never seen used in ELO. Perhaps now I will.

All-Stars have been too dominant in ELO on Striker/Marina weeks anyway. Really, is no one else sick to death of fighting those two?

Stop complaining about Oshitsune; he's completely destroyed by SoA, attack manip, and low minimum power manip. Isn't that like at least a quarter of the UR cards out there?

Freaks are untouched for the same reason their cards are cheap: because they're not really used in ELO. Yet.

Hawkins hurts, simply because Piranas' remaining 2*s are pretty worthless... now. When the landscape of ELO is slightly lower powered, cards like Spycee will probably become more viable options.

Saying that certain decks are destroyed is asinine. Of course they are; but aren't certain decks destroyed every week anyway by ELO player-voted bans?

I'm not saying I agree nor disagree with these changes. I'm just saying that whining about the cards you may no longer be able to use is pointless.
82/600
P Mc - Legend - E X C A L I B U R English
Saturday 31/07/2010, 16:08

Lol zebe, was it meant to say 'funnier' or 'funner' ?
83/600
Trippie - Legend - Open Casket English
Saturday 31/07/2010, 16:12

I agree with Goatmanji in that cards like Veronica and Ditha have been less used due to Charlie and Yayoi dominance. Sure they're great cards but it doesn't hurt to see a change. It doesn't work - bring Charlie and Yayoi back.

This game is great in that it is easily changed so that a new ELO environment can be seen.
84/600
JAKKA55 - Imperator Español
Saturday 31/07/2010, 16:54

What??? only one Rescue banned???

Yeahh... of course.... their bonus are so freaking good that you can play a crappy (I mean with the cheapper cards) deck with them and have an ELO top anyway... so you don't need a specific Rescue to complete your deck... isn't about it that most cards of the new list banned are good???

In fact... players countinously change their deck while they play ELO cuz' they are a perfect Rock Paper Scissors, and if you have your deck banned you just buy another deck (if you have monney to do that, when commonly people under lvl 20 or 25 have only one completed deck ands ,if they don't have friends to borrow some cards, they cant play ELO for a complete week...)

The real thing is not to bann a lot of usefull cards, but just bann the real over-powered ones...
85/600
Rage - Titan - Limit Break English
Saturday 31/07/2010, 17:50

Thank god the new list doesn't affect DT. DT already has a lack of variety... it would have been pretty bad if those cards had penalties as well.
86/600
carbid - Titan - 3LO MA$T3R Română
Saturday 31/07/2010, 18:21

There are many other cards that can be banned... but changes can`t be made all of a sudden...
anyways...one comment.... why is Shakra missing on that list? she is banned almost every week for a damn good reason
87/600
HarionVincent - Guru English
Saturday 31/07/2010, 18:38

Well, if they wanted a Freaks resurgence, they can just reinvent the Freaks' bonus coz it really sucks. in fact, they should stop giving abilities that outdo clan bonuses. the Pussycats are the DR clan yet the best DR in the game is in Sakrohm. likewise, the best poisoners aren't in Freaks. wth?
make Freaks' poison stackable and min 1.
88/600
Mouss XIII - Master English
Saturday 31/07/2010, 19:34

Damn... Don't want Smokey Cr and Hawkins to be banned
89/600
Puddin Tame - Guru English
Saturday 31/07/2010, 20:56

@carbid, Shakra is there, right between Noodile and Sledg.

@HarionVincent, making Freak's poison stackable and min 1 would be silly. It should be clear from stats and abilities of the more recent (starting with Olga?) Freaks, that the staff are well aware Freaks have one of the worse bonuses and give them better stats and abilities to compensate.

I am amused by how fast Blaster has risen up the player ban charts.
90/600
vexedvox - Titan English
Saturday 31/07/2010, 21:34

@HarionVincent

That would make Freaks incredibly overpowered. Min 3 is actually fine, but I could see going to min 2; no less. Other individual cards have better poison because it's likely the only poison card in your hand, so the ability is avoidable for the opponent. since every fraks card has poison, they can't all br sylth....

« Previous12...67891011...5960Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals