ELO changes, more information
Friday 30/07/2010, 10:58
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
600 messages
ELO changes, more information
Euzebe - Legend English - Friday 30/07/2010, 10:58

Hello all,

It seems you needed some more explanations about new changes in ELO. We will do our best to explain those changes here.
We want to use the ELO bans not only to make this mode more balanced but also to make it funnier. Therefore we will ban several characters in addition to the ones which are already in the staff list.
The characters in this additional list won’t be in the staff banned characters list. Which means that it won’t be penalizing in Daily Tournaments.

We are making these changes in order to make the ELO mode funnier et not letting it strategically freeze. Therefore this list of characters may regularly change. We try hard not to make too big changes at a time so you can easily follow what’s happening.

One more thing :
A new system will be released during August to see how the ELO mode will improve. In September, according to the results we will decide on the definitive changes which will be necessary.

Here list of the characters which will be banned in ELO from next Monday (08/02):
(You’ll also find the ELO staff banned characters)

Staff banned (with DT penalties):
Zatman, Ratanah, Wee Lee, Jackie, Lyse Teria Cr, Vickie Cr, Kiki Cr, General Cr, DJ Korr Cr, Tanaereva, Guru Cr, GraksmxxT, Lamar Cr, Alec Cr, Marco, Kolos, Hawk

New list bans (no DT penalty):
Striker
Jessie
Marina
Rolph
Toro
Bristone
Leviatonn
Sylth
Rowdy
Spiaghi
Ghumbo
Dalhia
Smokey Cr
Hawkins
Yayoi
Charlie
Gwen
Wanda
Sledg
Shakra
Noodile
Uranus
Lehane
Caelus
Nanook
Dorian
All Leader

Have fun
« Previous12...789101112...5960Next »

91/600
DrTravelerLoA - Master - Legends of America English
Saturday 31/07/2010, 21:46

I'm hoping Smokey Cr is one of the cards on that list that makes it back in honestly. But for the most part I'm pretty happy with the list and looking to try it out. A lot of these cards are cards that are banned week to week anyways, or have a newer replacement ready to go that just wasn't seeing play. This should change things up.
92/600
Signomi - Titan - D-Versified English
Saturday 31/07/2010, 23:12

Watch, my Freaks deck shall destroy you all!

Also, Baldovino should get a ban anyday now, He's unstoppable!
93/600
Signomi - Titan - D-Versified English
Saturday 31/07/2010, 23:32

Actually, most Freaks cards have 6-8 power. They don't need their damage cause of their Poison, so they're a Power-Based clan, not damage-based at all.
94/600
-Glacier- - Imperator - Ultimate Destiny English
Sunday 01/08/2010, 01:23

At first I was really disappointed by these changes, but now i see that it's a good opportunity to escape from playing the same Meta Decks, and a chance to play with the less played clans. Fang Pi, Sakrohm, La Junta, and maybe... but probably not, Freaks. It will be fun as long as they will put back some of the banned cards every now and then.
95/600
Curasi - Titan - The Trend English
Sunday 01/08/2010, 04:09

whats the point in playing Elo now, whats the point in buying:

Striker
Jessie
Marina
Rolph
Toro
Bristone
Leviatonn
Sylth
Rowdy
Spiaghi
Ghumbo
Dalhia
Smokey Cr
Hawkins
Yayoi
Charlie
Gwen
Wanda
Sledg
Shakra
Noodile
Uranus
Lehane
Caelus
Nanook
Dorian

The only part of this that has my 110% support is the All Leader ban.
96/600
jh4rdc0r3 - Veteran - New VisioN English
Sunday 01/08/2010, 04:14

Why arent Glorg and copper banned? worse cards are. Also, they obviously mean "funner" instead of "funnier"
97/600
Diet Rich - Titan - The Bran Clan English
Sunday 01/08/2010, 05:47

The more i think about the more this answer comes to me

separate ELO rooms!

One with no bans (player voting slightly changed ex. same cards cant be banned twice in a row)

one with current bans ( player voting enabled)

one with these new bans (player voting enabled)

and maybe any event type elo that could change from time to time ( ex. cards under 7 power only different star limits etc. )
98/600
Z4KALW3 - Guru
Sunday 01/08/2010, 08:25

I've said my piece on this, but one thing needs to be said again: Bristone's ban is ridiculous.
99/600
Z4KALW3 - Guru
Sunday 01/08/2010, 08:36

"Hawkins hurts, simply because Piranas' remaining 2*s are pretty worthless... now. When the landscape of ELO is slightly lower powered, cards like Spycee will probably become more viable options."

Spycee will NEVER be a viable option. Not unless they ban Tula and Hawkins Noel.

-

After building quite a few decks in keeping with these new rules, I've grown used to the majority of the bans and I'm looking forward to being able to use Freaks tainted decks on a more even footing.

Cards such as: Striker, Marina, caelus, Ghumbo, Charlie, Toro, Rolph, and so on... have made other clans much more appealing. I still think they should have added cards to counter these rather than take them away, I guess we can only hope that in the future these cards will be added back when the rest of the clans are up to speed.

Some of the bans are simply, well, stupid.

Hawkins, Bristone, Nanook, Noodile, Yayoi, Gwen.... these cards dont' strengthen their clans to the point of making other clans seem like lesser choices. They were never an issue and were never why the clans dominated before.

Some of their removals have actually made their clans underpowered with the new rules.

I appreciate what you're trying to do, but this first shot is extremely poorly thought out.

Bangers were one of the most powerful clans and they've remained untouched.
Dorian was removed when Uppers were already extremely lacking in Elo. This move is particularly lacking in logic...
100/600
Z4KALW3 - Guru
Sunday 01/08/2010, 08:41

One of the worst moves is the removal of Spiaghi and Lehane. Using them as splash cards was a very creative way to overcome problems with certain clans and decks. They were never overpowered in this regard, simply very versatile.

As cards in their respective clans they were great, but not game breaking great.

Some of these bans make no sense at all and this entire thing feels thoughtless and rushed. Had this been handled with more care it could have been great. Now it might be great still, but as the initial handling was so poorly made I've not really got the faith in the devs that I used to...

(I guess I hadn't said all I need to.... eep!)

« Previous12...789101112...5960Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals