Click here if you forgot your password.

New bans in ELO

New bans in ELO
Monday 28/11/2011, 10:39
Orpheus - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
257 messages
New bans in ELO
Orpheus - Legend - §§ Les Gentlemen Ténébreux §§English - Monday 28/11/2011, 10:39

After months of trials and taking into account your views (forums, surveys and the X-Periment ELO event), we are officially changing the list of permanent ELO bans: Arkn, Toro, Ghumbo, Bonnie Ld, Sledg, Ulrich and Arno will be banned, while Uranus in now authorized.These changes will come into effect from the week commencing December 05.Happy gaming to you all in ELO mode!
« Previous12...1920212223242526Next »

241/257
XCap Wild - Titan - E X C A L I B U R English
Monday 27/02/2012, 05:59

And another week of Spyke. The card wasn't even on the ballot to ban last week, thought the staff was wising up. Guessed wrong. Would love to know why it wasn't.
242/257
Ecna - Senior English
Monday 27/02/2012, 09:03

@XCap Wild
"Voting Rules:
- The characters are selected from the top characters from the previous week’s top clans, plus the ones banned after the last vote. "

He wasn't banned last week, and Berzerk were not a top clan the week before. Simple. This week Berzerk, partially thanks to him, were one of the top clans, so he's back in the ballot.
243/257
JO3SHMO - Imperator - aussie crusaders English
Monday 27/02/2012, 09:44

If a card is in the temp. banned list, and is voted to be allowed in a format election, then it will always have two consecutive weeks in ELO. Don't believe me? Notice how Bogdan was banned last week, but does not appear in the format election for this week.

A floor in the system? Yes.
244/257
CunningRuse - Imperator English
Monday 27/02/2012, 12:05

Only the most played clans from the last week get on the ballot. No one plays Berzerk when Spyke is banned. So when he is unbanned he is not usually on the ballot for the second week. A current example would be the fact that the Montana are not on the ballot this week after being crushed by bans last week.
245/257
Monday 27/02/2012, 14:50

Thanks for the replies. It would be cool if they could merge the votes into the collection pro. Better selection and more of a voter turnout.
246/257
lightball20 - Imperator English
Monday 27/02/2012, 17:32

@xcap
you cant compare Spyke to Oshitsune
for one Oshitsune can ko if they are at 7 or less life(9 if they fury)

Spyke can only ko if they are at 5 or less (7 if they fury)

for another thing osh doesnt have to deal with op bonuses because he has SOB, were as Spyke still has to deal with them, so something like ghiest removes spykes amazing ability where as osh still has his ability so he only has to worry about the 1 in 8 SOA ablitied cards in players deck

and the rest of his clan isnt at the same power as Nightmare, bezerk doesnt have a kenny that can scare oppents into over pilling or have nistrok that can put them in oshes rang or ko after an osh and if he loses because maybe you bluff he can dr the opp, there is no Pan that can scare the op into worrying about his 6point life difference or have an Azel or a Karrion

Nightmare has a number of cards that are as threatening as osh that the opp will have to worry about being hit by any of them so they are more likely to over pill or else they risk a single card making a life difference thats too large to over come

and the bonus, cards in Nightmare wotn have to deal with, Bangers, ulu, Rescue, al stars, Uppers, sakrom, Montana, sent, junks, making them have to pill once or twice to deal with a zero pill card like bezerks will

seriously people stop comparing cards in one clan to cards in another clan and if you absolutly have to compare them then only compare if they have a similar bonus otherwise its a crap comparison
247/257
AmberRed1994 - Imperator - Limit Break English
Monday 27/02/2012, 17:39

@JO3HMO:

"The characters are selected from the top characters from the previous week’s top clans, plus the ones banned after the last vote."
Apparently newly free cards from the Elo-ban jail do not fir the criteria.
248/257
quexalblaze - Hero - the night stalkers English
Monday 27/02/2012, 21:31

I don't like how all of you are all complaining on Spyke. I don't play berserk, but get over it. Some cards you can't win against. I don't see how he is any different than Herman or Nellie. Besides the power boost of 7, which is susceptible to Power reduction he is still a five damage card. You people are unbelievable. Build a deck that stops him or stop playing. I now see what people mean when they say that players just whine and complain when their OP decks are not so OP anymore. Disgusting...
249/257
Monday 27/02/2012, 22:25

@light balls - The comparison is fine. A huge power drop is a huge power drop. And how can you say that Bezerk doesn't have bombs like Nightmare? Their bonus is meant on bomb. An extra two damage that can't be prevented unless SOB. The clan has three two stars that can inflict at least 4 damage, 6 three stars that can create at least a 6 life gap and the 4 and 5 stars do no less than 6. The average power of the clan has to be respected too.
SOA doesn't really scare Spyke. So, now I'm just a 7/5 card with two more damage if you can't stop my bonus? ok... The SOA clans barely have 7 powers worth anything. You can try to power drop Spyke but most will end up a 4 pow vs 4 pow and again, straight match. The manip clans really don't scare Spyke either. The attack manips get over-powered rather quickly, the +2 pow gets caught in the drop 9 pow = 5 against Spyke and Spyke still holds the advantage against the All Stars dropping them to 4 and Spyke to 5. With the majority, Spyke can play against a card with total 13 pillz on it, win, and have pillz to spare.
Balls, take a breath, unpuff your chest and get off your soapbox here. You're just wrong. Maybe you have some investment thing going or you play the card and want to protect it as this is the first time youre winning but the card is not good for the elo format.
250/257
) LoA Yellow - Hero - Legends of America English
Tuesday 28/02/2012, 01:23

Here is a list of cards that are not banned that can beat Spyke almost every time.

Allstars:
Alexei
El Gringo
Harrow Ld

Bangers:
Fixit
Graff

Fang Pi Clang:
Heitachi

Freaks:
Bogdan
Splata Cr

GHEIST:
Anibal (With revenge)
Draheera
Wardom

Montana:
Mona
Vito
Desmond

Rescue:
Buckler
Elvira
Hax
Lothar

Roots:
Gertjan
Noodile Cr
Rico

Sentinel:
Dayton
John
Tobbie

Ulu Watu:
Zack
Ice Jim
Nellie

Berzerk:
Elvis
Melania
Lola Noel

UR features nearly 800 characters. 46 are currently permanently banned from Elo. UR also features several characters no one considers worth their coding, but the fact remains that Spyke beats between 90%-95% of all Elo-playable characters in an even pillz match and defeats more than half of the permanently banned characters in an even pillz match. Only half the clans in the game feature characters that can beat Spyke in an even pillz match.

The only defense for Spyke I keep reading is, you just have to adjust your deck to beat Spyke. Here is my counter-argument. Urban Rivals Elo should NOT revolve around a single character!

« Previous12...1920212223242526Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals