Click here if you forgot your password.

New bans in ELO

New bans in ELO
Monday 28/11/2011, 10:39
Orpheus - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
257 messages
New bans in ELO
Orpheus - Legend - §§ Les Gentlemen Ténébreux §§English - Monday 28/11/2011, 10:39

After months of trials and taking into account your views (forums, surveys and the X-Periment ELO event), we are officially changing the list of permanent ELO bans: Arkn, Toro, Ghumbo, Bonnie Ld, Sledg, Ulrich and Arno will be banned, while Uranus in now authorized.These changes will come into effect from the week commencing December 05.Happy gaming to you all in ELO mode!
« Previous12...789101112...2526Next »

91/257
Lionsprey - Guru English
Monday 28/11/2011, 20:12

Seriously?! Toro Ghumbo and Sledg even Bonnie Ld (at a stretch) i can understand but why ban the others?!
92/257
Real Light - Imperator - Elysium Aether English
Monday 28/11/2011, 20:16

Hmm, I 've never been worried about Arkn, but Im sure there's a reason

Piranas, I hate them, bye Bonnie Ld and Ulrich

Uranus...ban her back....nao

and bring back Ratannah, she was never overpowered, just too stable
93/257
JR_Ledeir - Imperator - The Trend English
Monday 28/11/2011, 20:30

Arkn - This is a very strong card, one which either wins or forces any 7 power or less card to 3 pill to win. Add to it the ghesit stop ability and it definitely deserves the ban.
Toro - I've never actually seen Toro played, but dropping an opponents power to 2 below its own is very strong. Add in the clan stop ability and it also deserves the ban.
Ghumbo - A 7/7 which requires 3 pills to beat unless you are 9 power. Add in stop bonus and no surprise there.
Bonnie Ld - An excellent card, 2 damage or 2 pills... which do you choose? It deserves the ban.
Sledg - 7/7 protect bonus of +12... Yeah, its powerful. Yeah, it deserved it to be banned.
Ulrich - 5/5 damage reducer for Piranas.. Not sure it deserves the ban. Its definitely annoying and I'm glad to see it gone. And damage reduction doesn't really feel right for the spirit of the Piranas... They are pill focused, not damage focused.
Arno - Die Arno Die! I mean... I am glad he is gone. He isn't exactly powerful but he sure is annoying. His lack of power is why he is powerful. Usually you face a deck with everything power 6 ot 7, including multiple damage reducers. The opponent can block with Arno whenever they want forcing you to waste pills.

Unbanning Uranus - Sarkohm are frequently played as a damage reducing clan. In the spirit of the clan you might as well unban it.
94/257
Awarelol - Imperator - Freedom!!! English
Monday 28/11/2011, 21:08

For those crying about Piranas losing their only DR....

USE Uranus
95/257
WMD Abaddon - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Monday 28/11/2011, 21:09

I wish cards were banned because of Elo playability not because they are used by dt greefers
Anyways to the bannings.
Arkn. Most powerful two star in ghiest also created 2 hit k o s with ease or with some difficulty in the new Elo so I reluctantly agree
Toro. Very powerful card. Low damage for a ghiest 4 star made up for it by "better" power. Always staff or player banned but the community agrees with it obviously
Sledj. Most everybody figured out to beat Rescue you run stop bonus clans. Sledj and Kerry laughed at you now Rescue might have to actually play fair. I've been wanting this one banned for awhile
Arno and Ulrich. These cards are sometimes a relief to see in your opponents hand and occasionally devastating. I disagree with these bannings for much the same reason I disagree with the unbanning of Uranus. But I suppose we shall see disagree
Bonnie Ld. I dislike an ld on the list. When used correctly she creates an inevitability that I adore that being said she was rarely used correctly and I prefer to see her on the staff ban list and jump out on occasion than on the permanent ban list disagree
Ghumbo. The Nightmare equivalent of sledj. I liked facing him on occasion unlike sledj. I think he could have stayed on the staff list instead if the permanent list but... I agree
96/257
SallyMander - Hero English
Monday 28/11/2011, 21:24

At first, I was kinda mad about the bans on Arkn, Arno and Ulrich, but after I thought about it, I agree with the staff on this one. I play GHEIST, and, while I am disappointed to see Arkn go, having him and Z3r0 D34d in the clan did lead to an overabundance of GHEIST. Arno, I believe, was the victim of Gretchen. Having that effective of a healer, along with more than solid damage reducers would unbalance the game, although I don't think I've seen any abuse of that. And while Ulrich is a great card, he still is not necessarily a staple in my book. Piranas still have pillz manipulation, and enough decent +/- attack and life cards to still be a viable mono deck.
97/257
austinevans77 - Imperator English
Monday 28/11/2011, 21:31

So many bans =(
apparently the staff wont rest until every single powerful card is banned, theyre even gonna ban moderately useful cards like Arno just for laughs. I dont understand the logic behind unbanning Uranus at the same time you ban 2 worse DR's. I just hope Piranas get a suitable replacement for Ulrich and bonnie, they are completely vulnerable to Spyke now
98/257
YorkMorgan_UM - Titan - URBAN MADNESS English
Monday 28/11/2011, 22:21

Well at least Nightmare still has Artus..
99/257
Reap-DvF - Event team - D-Versified English
Monday 28/11/2011, 22:29

Woulda been funny ro see Spyke get banned
Probs the only "OP" elo card that isnt banned

Now I HATE Arno....just HATE him but i disagree with his ban....
Roots are one of the biggest victims to ELO and are at the bottom tier now a days

Lou, Shakra and Rattanah were already banned and now Arno...

Roots arent a bad clan but with some of their (their only) hard hitters being Perma- Banned.....it dosent let them have much play-ability

Gretchen was one of the best Roots release in a while so hopefully you guys will keep on racking in new GOOD Roots
100/257
-Wicer- - Moderator - Harbingers of Ares English
Monday 28/11/2011, 22:41

Dumb move bringing back Uranus.

If using Ulrich in mono , now players can use an even stronger DR

And on top of it, taking out some GHEIST and Roots? sigh Piranas + Uranus will be the dominating deck .

« Previous12...789101112...2526Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals