Auto decide mode

Auto decide mode
Thursday 07/06/2012, 15:12
-NN_Sarphyrox - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
43 messages
Auto decide mode
-NN_Sarphyrox - Imperator - Open CasketEnglish - Thursday 07/06/2012, 15:12

I would like to suggest that an option in ur that decides an automatic win or lose.

for example..

in the final round.., player X has 7 life 9 pillz while player Y has 5 and 4 pills life. player X last card is a 5* 8 power 6 damage no ability while player Y card is a 2* 5 power 4 damage no ability. both cards has no bonus activated. with this example player X will surely win.

so why not let the system decide that player X already won skip the final round before player X lags or accidentally click no pills and make fun of himself.

any comments
« Previous12345Next »

21/43
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Monday 11/06/2012, 02:40

Ooops i forgot to tell you

there is a mechanism in place for stallers, but no one is at liberty to discuss them...

that works
22/43
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Monday 11/06/2012, 17:10

The mechanism is the time limit
23/43
ghelas - Admin - The Trend English
Monday 11/06/2012, 18:12

Looks like my comment didn't get posted for some reason, so, here I go again. Brief version.

Waster, I don't think whatever you are trying to say makes any sense.
You said that you could find a way to exploit any system I could devise.
I asked you to explain how you might do that if the rules weren't publicly posted.
I'm still waiting for your answer.
24/43
Tuesday 12/06/2012, 01:21

You are the one who proposed the system... you come up with the rules... that was the challenge to you. nice work putting the onus on me. you proposed a system, i challenged you to come up with a system that isnt abusable.... you fabricate an unknown variable and throw the onus back my way... you must practice this in lots of forums other than UR mate.

for a guy who has me blacklisted, you sure do like to directly talk to me on public forums.

sorry mate im not biting on your bait for the "fool proof" hypothetical system that you were suppose to provide originally.
and even if there was a system... and for some strange reason you got nailed for violating it... We both know you would be on these forums trying to rally a handful of people about how UR lacks transparency and is autocratic and punishes people without telling them where the lines are. Do a search of your previous posts ghelas... they are there for all to see. Or if you want i'll provide links in case you forgot you ever made those kinds of posts in the past.

my PM is always open, continue the conversation there if you want, but baiting on the public forums will now cease.
25/43
Tuesday 12/06/2012, 02:12

I've been nothing but civil, mate. I assure you that I am not here to troll. I have nothing against you personally, but I'm not impressed by the sweeping statements you make with no attempt at logical backing, and I feel compelled to point out the flaws in your reasoning.

You made a claim that stallers will be able to circumvent any system, but every time I've challenged you to explain how they will do that with no rules posted to describe the system, you've only deflected... Please, if you're serious about defending your claim, go over the steps you would take, as a staller, to do this?

There is nothing sneaky or underhanded, and nothing that constitutes baiting, about not sharing the rules with you first. For example, we know that player profile information and password are stored by the UR staff on a server somewhere. That's all we know about that. If additional information was released about it, it would only make the system less secure.

It's true that I feel that UR needs to change some practices, but in some cases, like in the profile/password example above, transparency is not what's needed.

And, in case you're wondering, I do have a very specific set of rules in mind. If you will allow the conversation to continue on this forum, I will happily post them up for everyone to see.
26/43
K1NG_PWN4GzZz - Legend - TrAitorzZz English
Tuesday 12/06/2012, 10:56

I'd like to point out that I find these post unbecoming a moderator, I like Ghelas' reasoning, but I will take a stand there too, I'm not saying you're trolling, but I'll say you like teasing Waster.. Both I find unbecoming behaviour for champions such as yourself!
I have no idea what you two are talking about and this would've been nice to continue in your own private conversation
and no I don't care Ghelas BL'ed you, there's simply no excuse and I will refrain myself from commenting about how I've been BL'ed multiple times for letting my tongue run rampant in the way you two have been at it..

My 2 cents;
if a player is a 0 pillz, and it's his or her turn, the card should be played automatically
too many people stalling on their last card, while having 0 pillz
I'm not saying an automatic win, I'm saying an automatic play in the last round only, when someone takes at least 10 seconds to play their card...

do mind that UR is riddled with glitches and that a glitch in this update would cause a lot of harm to the gameplay if it went bad... although timing out is worse on a DT!!
27/43
Tuesday 12/06/2012, 12:29

I sent Waster an outline of the rules, and tried to explain my good intentions as well as possible. Because I feel actions speak louder than words, and it's one thing to say "I am an altruistic person" and another to do something altruistic, I even sent him a Beef, saying "I have no Beef with you" (har, har.)

In exchange, I got called a troll, a toxic person, and generally was told that everything I do is meant to ruin UR. I, uh, think I'll stick to my guild boards for now -- where it's safe...
28/43
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Tuesday 12/06/2012, 12:36

The other problem is time out can happen due to internet contections. Sometimes when someones taking a long time it might not actually be there fault.
29/43
Tuesday 12/06/2012, 20:43

King that is a great post. 0 pillz final round should be autoplayed. anything else is overly complicating a small issue
30/43
LB_Abnormal - Titan - Limit Break English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 05:01

I'll also chime in here and keep the cnversatin relevant. 0 pillz final round should be autoplayed. anything more gives them the ability to "glean a win" they didn't know they could get by NOT having their card autoplayed. There have been many games where the opponent had a win condition, and they threw it away because they didnt see it. I'd hate for those kinds of wins to disappear.

« Previous12345Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals