Discover Deathmatch Standard!

Wednesday 27/06/2012, 11:02
Boing - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
108 messages
Boing - Legend - Clint StaffEnglish - Wednesday 27/06/2012, 11:02

From now on, you can play Deathmatch mode in Standard format; the rules and wins will be the same as in Extended format (to find out more about Standard format, click here). And, given the low number of players in Extended 25, we have decided to remove it from the list of formats available in Deathmatch mode. Finally, we have also decided to ban Ambre in Standard format and this will apply to all the different game modes. Happy gaming to you all!
« Previous12345678910...1011Next »

2/108
_wise_ - Titan - the courtyard of shadows English
Wednesday 27/06/2012, 11:08

Ambre banned...... right on to Morphun and then Hugo
3/108
DUC-Butters - Legend - Dutch Urban Crew English
Wednesday 27/06/2012, 11:26

DM extended25 was one of the few tactically challenging modes left outside of elo. Bad form, UR! Bad form!
4/108
zack016 - Imperator Español
Wednesday 27/06/2012, 11:30

Good
5/108
Chuanle - Hero - THE EXPLOSIVE ELITE English
Wednesday 27/06/2012, 11:36

I actually enjoyed DM Extended 25 and never played the Standard format. But I guess I'm not an active player so I don't count much.
6/108
DerMagus - Legend - Tequila Sunrise- UR Deutsch
Wednesday 27/06/2012, 11:55

Good riddance, Ambre! Hope to never see you again.
7/108
Coincide - Guru - The U-P-R-I-S-I-N-G English
Wednesday 27/06/2012, 12:02

You're.. removing Extended 25 ..
How.. could you..?
*I would tighten my grasp on my pokeball, throwing it into the field*
*Ditto would be sent from the pokeball, landing perfectly in the center of the battle field*
Now, Ditto, take form!
*Ditto would begin to glow, it's body would begin to break apart, taking the form of the legendary Mewtwo*
Mewtwo, these vile creatures have done something unspeakable.. you must.. destroy them!

On Topic:
Eh, I hate change. sure the overpowered cards in Extended were annoying but this kind of ruins most of my decks.
I'm kind of hesitant to play now, I'm not sure what to expect. auauagh.
8/108
mesoshiny - Legend - Gilden sind nicht so mein Ding English
Wednesday 27/06/2012, 12:17

I like the idea of having a 'standard' format. i think it will really help new players with small collections. I wouldn't mind an overhaul of the deathmatch 25 format, e.g. via bans. But this was the only non-elo format left where i could play a deck with 'low' star count and be sure to meet opponents with the same.
the matchmaking in the tournament rooms is bad enough, i am seriously getting fed up with having a 20* deck and getting opponents that have 18-20* on their hand, and now the only way out of that misery is gone.

I understand why you remove the format, very few players (compared to the other formats) use dm25. And I understand why, the reward in deathmatch is battle points, so why bother with the dm25 format when you can play dm extended and finish twice as many games/gain twice as many points in 20 minutes. But that could be easily resolved by changing the point allocation in dm25 to account for the longer fights (less 1hko/2hko possibilities with low star decks).

Anyways, it is gone, water under the Bridge. But maybe you could introduce some extended room with a max star count, maybe (daily/weekly) changing star counts, rolling (clans) bans, etc. Just a thought. So I have a place to flee to when I get the next 10* difference opponent in tournament mode.

cheers.
9/108
ponage214 - Imperator - Eternal Wanderers English
Wednesday 27/06/2012, 12:40

Wait you got rid of Extended 25? That was one of the few places where you just don't go "me smash w/ 4 and 5 stars!!!!!!!", you actually had to think about deck construction and be careful on how you set up your deck otherwise when you pull your bad 2 and 3*, you would get your butt kicked. I'm pretty sure it had lower attendance because people couldn't spam their T2 decks, but that doesn't mean you should get rid of it because of the T2 people .Plus this was my favorite stage, I've been playing 25* rooms since I've returned and I'm absolutely horrid w/ T2 rooms.

Not cool u-r, not cool.
10/108
Sentinel Guile - Hero - Non Compos Mentis English
Wednesday 27/06/2012, 12:41

DM extended25 is like elo...but why remove it? too many star fights are so lame...Bad UR! too Lame..extended25 is just the best after elo

« Previous12345678910...1011Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals