The Forbidden Art of Necromancy

Monday 06/08/2012, 21:22
ghelas - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
19 messages
ghelas - Titan - The TrendEnglish - Monday 06/08/2012, 21:22

I've always wondered why there is such a strong opposition to necromancy on the UR forums, given that some threads are on-going discussions that stay relevant. I understand that in some cases a 2 year old thread concerning actual gameplay doesn't apply anymore, but I think that's a given. Can someone explain why on-topic posts in old threads are discouraged? Is there a real reason for this?

Another bit of UR forum etiquette I don't understand is that people are not allowed to publicly speculate regarding which cards will CR. People speculate privately or in guild, and assume things based on which cards are increasing in price, etc. Does keeping people from discussing this topic on the boards actually help the economy in any way?

Thanks in advance for any insight you guys can provide!
« Previous12Next »

2/19
owButtacup Ld - Veteran - ONE WORLD English
Monday 06/08/2012, 23:57

Lol I'm gonna necro this thread in two years for the irony. To my future self I'll write this message;

Dear Buttacup,

Your past self is obviously proud of you for finding this old post. Hopefully, mods haven't closed this thread yet. You obviously look a bit older. Luckily, U.R. hasn't died in two years. I have a few questions. Which cards have turned Cr in your collection in two years? Are you using any of the clans released in two years? Is Arno still perma-banned? Why did you choose the name Buttacup? Why are you reading this and why would you necro this thread? Oh yeah remember that Kalindra you sold for 76k. Hopefully it was banned so the price would lower.

Claps from your past self,
Buttacup

Mods please pass this post.
3/19
Yurieu HoA - Guru - Harbingers of Ares English
Tuesday 07/08/2012, 01:13

In 5 years il bring this back... dont you worry
4/19
Tanto89 - Titan - X. LycurguS .X English
Tuesday 07/08/2012, 02:02

Actually it is because the post usually out of date
if the post is still relevant, sure, post it

but usually what we get here is:

thread: fav clans?
someone necro it and said: where is the love for Berzerk?
answer: they didn't exist back then

why people hate necroing? this is the main reason
UR changed so much in the past few years
usually the one who necro it would only said about new cards or clans, certain modes that didn't exist back then

yes it helps, what happens if people speculate on the public board?
they could spread false rumour about CR
people buying the card thus the price of the card goes up
then the perpetrator will get a lot of money since they bought a bulk of it before (maybe bad attempt of raising price of a card)

if you said, oh this card will become cr because the price goes up, then it will spread like fire and people started buying the card. at the end, the price of the card keeps increasing

also, there are so many noobs out there that don't understand how CR works.
I remembered I read a post (in a card page) "ohhh! this card (Dregn) is very powerful, I'm sure this card will become CR in few weeks time. if you want to buy it, now is your chance!"
actually I read this post 1 or 2 days after Dregn released,
we know that there is no way the card become a cr
but it annoys people to the end with these noob comments
5/19
subclavianHoA - Imperator - Harbingers of Ares English
Tuesday 07/08/2012, 05:56

In case Buttacup or Yurieu necros this thread in a couple of years, here are some interesting tidbits from 2012 for all you future players:

1. Justin beiber was hot
2. A footlong sub cost 5 bucks
3. We built the Large Hadron Collider to learn more about physics and not, you know, for that other reason.
4. Our robot overlords were still mere technological curiosities. We should've nipped it in the bud but Asimo was so darn cute!
6/19
K1NG_PWN4GzZz - Titan - TrAitorzZz English
Tuesday 07/08/2012, 09:00

@ subclavianHOA

thank God you said "was" hot and not is
7/19
-Retin - Hero English
Tuesday 07/08/2012, 09:51

Define "hot " in your sentence lol
8/19
Yami Prem - Titan English
Tuesday 07/08/2012, 12:20

About CR speculation. I'm sure it's fine, but it's when people take it overboard and start claiming which cards WILL become CRs even when they are just starting rumours. Since it's not entirely easy for new players to quickly understand the aspect of Collector cards, they won't know if those claims are true or not - for us, long time players, we quickly dismiss these claims cos we know they are just speculating.

So I guess it's merely looking out for the newer players.

Necro-ing is fine I guess, but usually there are some outdated posts in those old threads which can cause confusinon for people who don't check post dates. So to that, it's probably more ideal for you to create your own thread in most circumstances.
9/19
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Tuesday 07/08/2012, 12:51

Necroing is fine as long as the post is relevant. Most of the time it is unneded or just spam.

Cr speculation is not really allowd on the public threads because no one can know what cards will be Cr. You might as well list every non-Cr/Ld card in Urban Rivals and post after post of ???? will be Cr, or I think ???? will be cr gets annoying/ confusing and fills up forums.
10/19
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Tuesday 07/08/2012, 15:28

It's just a bit funny, I see people lining up with pitchforks, shouting "necro" even if the thread and new post are relevant...

As for CR speculation, do we really need to protect the market from everything people say? I mean, doesn't that seem like an impossible goal? It's common sense that not everything people say might be true. Someone who thinks that Dregn is going to CR 5 seconds after release and buys 5 copies of him honestly has no one to blame but themselves.

Thanks for the replies, guys!

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals