A Murder Mystery (Win A Award Cr)

Tuesday 04/12/2012, 18:09
COLOSSAL-TCA - Novice English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
87 messages
COLOSSAL-TCA - Novice - Time Conquers AllEnglish - Tuesday 04/12/2012, 18:09

In the hectic run up to Christmas and the unexpected voyage of two infamous Clint City members, Copper has had his work cut out for him, down at the Clint City Police Department.

In his haste to be as proactive as possible through this busy season, Dayton has accidentally shred a very important document. This document is an Ancient Crime Statement, describing in detail, one of Clint City's first and most horrific murders. Copper, furious, throws Dayton out of his office and tells him to "Go bust a Montana or something'. For should this document not be remade, or redrawn, the Killer will be released of all charges against them. "And they were guilty as sin." Copper mused.

Horrified, he retrieves the poor strips of ancient parchment from the waste paper basket and glues them back together as best he can. But alas, its no good, the document is far from complete, whole words are either
illegible or entirely missing.

Copper, who was the officer who handled the report at the time, thought back to the interrogation he'd had with the Killer, how the killer had confessed to everything. He believed, even though it was a long long time ago, that he'd be able to fill in the blanks from his memory and remake this very important crime report. He stared at the few salvaged words:

(CONTINUED BELOW)
« Previous123456789Next »

61/87
COLOSSAL-TCA - Novice - Time Conquers All English
Saturday 08/12/2012, 05:44

Lets look at this for a second:

All that matters here, are the actual exchanges of cash, object to object is irrelevant.

After treasure has been dug up, we assume and know everyone starts with this much in Clintz:

Bloodh: 0 Clintz
Dahlia: 42,800 Clintz
Raeth: 33,400 Clintz
Gran Vista: 10,600 Clintz

Dahlia >> Bloodh: 42,800 Clintz
Dahlia: 42,800 - 42,800 = 0 (What Dahlia has leftover becomes irrelevant)
Bloodh: 0 + 42,800 = 42,800

Raeth >> Gran Vista: 720 Clintz
Raeth: 33,400 - 720 = 32,680
Gran Vista: 10,600 + 720 = 11320

Gran Vista >> Bloodh: 11,140 Clintz
Gran Vista: 11,320 - 11,140 = 180 (What Gran Vista has leftover becomes irrelevant)
Bloodh: 42,800 + 11,140 = 53,940

So before the day's end, everyone stands like this:

Bloodh: 53,940 Clintz
Dahlia: 0 Clintz (irrelevant)
Raeth: 32,680 Clintz
Gran Vista: 180 Clintz (irrelevant)

Then, Raeth gets drunk.

Raeth >> Some Bartender: 60 Clintz
Raeth: 32,680 - 60 = 32,620
Some Bartender: 0 + 60 Clintz = 60 Clintz (Utterly irrelevant)

Then Bloodh steals everything remaining from Raeth.

Bloodh >> Raeth: 32,620 Clintz
Bloodh: 53,940 + 32,620 = 86,560
Raeth: 32,620 - 32,620 = 0 (What Raeth has leftover becomes irrelevant)

At the end:

Bloodh: 86,560 Clintz
Raeth: 0 Clintz

QUESTION 4 ANSWERS CONTINUED
62/87
Saturday 08/12/2012, 05:45

So surely there must be 86,560, right? NOT 83,863

That would make sense, had there not been a 'thief'.

Lets see what the difference is between 86,560 and 83,863

86,560 - 83,863 = 2697

So 2697 must be what's missing right>

Ok, lets find out what percentage of the overall total that is: 83,863/86,560 x 100 = around 96.88%

So 100% - 96.88% = 3.12%

Who do we know takes a similar percentage?

Kate takes 5% of every sale doesn't she, but this isn't 5% this is 3.12%, so it can't be Kate right?

But the key word here is 'EVERY' sale, 'EVERY' transaction. And there was more than one transaction here wasn't there?

We're going to have to go back:

Bloodh: 0 Clintz
Dahlia: 42,800 Clintz
Raeth: 33,400 Clintz
Gran Vista: 10,600 Clintz

Dahlia >> Bloodh: 42,800 Clintz - 5% = 40660
Dahlia: 42,800 - 42,800 = 0 (What Dahlia has leftover becomes irrelevant)
Bloodh: 0 + 40,660 = 40,660

Raeth >> Gran Vista: 720 Clintz - 5% = 684
Raeth: 33,400 - 720 = 32,680
Gran Vista: 10,600 + 684 = 11,284

Gran Vista >> Bloodh: 11,140 Clintz - 5% = 10,583
Gran Vista: 11,284 - 11,140 = 144 (What Gran Vista has leftover becomes irrelevant)
Bloodh: 40,660 + 10,583 = 51,243

So before the day's end everyone stands like this:

Bloodh: 51,243 Clintz
Raeth: 32,680 Clintz
Gran Vista: 144 Clintz (irrelevant)

QUESTION 4 ANSWERS CONTINUED
63/87

Then, Raeth gets drunk.

Raeth >> Some Bartender: 60 Clintz -5% = 57
Raeth: 32,680 - 60 = 32,620
Some Bartender: 0 + 57 Clintz = 57 Clintz (Utterly irrelevant)

Then Bloodh steals everything remaining from Raeth.

Bloodh >> Raeth: 32,680 Clintz (No transaction, this is theft, so no -5%)
Bloodh: 51,243 + 32,620 = 83,863
Raeth: 32,680 - 32,680 = 0 (What Raeth has leftover becomes irrelevant)

At the end:

Bloodh: 83,863 Clintz
Raeth: 0 Clintz

And Bloodh is left with the 83,863 Clintz which he first discovered... he owes all his anger to Kate... the thief.

Answer: Kate
(It was only right that she was the one to die, much love to everyone in TrAitorzZz )
64/87

Question 5 will have you thinking "Where have I seen that before?"

Apparently Taham is lost. During his state of intoxication, he thinks he's seen three very peculiar things. A golden 'Troompah', a golden 'Greow' and a golden... 'thing' playing with a ball (thats a SEAL, actually Taham) And obviously a 'Troompah' is an elephant and a 'Greow' is a lion.

This refers to a background used in one of Urban Rival's fight animations. These things that Taham first believes are 'Jungos' are actually golden statues. There is only ONE background animation where these statues exist. And that's the Freak's circus (if you or your opponent's deck ever contained Freaks, you've certainly seen it)

Here's the background: http://urdb.kirlad.net/urimg/museum/bgs_makma/Freaks.jpg

As a side note, I've always wondered what the other statue is, I think it might be some type of bear, but its impossible to tell. Also there's a shadow in a window on the left hand side of the screen... who's that?

Answer: Freak's Circus
(Yet another reason to play Freaks in elo)
65/87
Saturday 08/12/2012, 05:46

Question 6 will test both your crossword skills and you Urban Rival's knowledge on Characters...

Yes, that's right, this confusing mass of stars, numbers, question marks and letters IS ACTUALLY... a crossword. And the best way to make any sense of it is using a good old fashioned piece of paper (and a pen or pencil if you've got one, a quill and ink if you live in the 1800s or failing all that... BLOOD)

Now draw out the crossword, using the *s to mean black squares, ?s to mean blank square and stick the numbers and Y,Z into the top left corner (or any corner you like really) of the remaining blank squares. Leave the letters S,O,L,V,E,I and T as blank squares for now also.

Now you should have something that resembles the crossword puzzle that you'd find in your local paper.

Now lets look at the clues:

Horizontal obviously means Across and Vertical obviously means Down. The answers to these are fairly self-explanatory once you've either read their bio, looked at their artwork, or in one case, have had a good look at the name of the card and then it's artist.

QUESTION 6 ANSWERS CONTINUED
66/87

Across:
2. If she gets her way, Christmas will be delayed.
Answer: Annuqa
3. This monkey has found his Roots on the shoulder of a boy.
Answer: Pistachio
7. His baseball bat might have been a gift from his mother.
Answer: Rick
8. This wolf in sheep's clothing is a sheep in wolf's clothing.
Answer: Lou
9. High enough on Gibonite to fly to the left, but not the right.
Answer: Anakrohm
Y. He will die on 3/11/53
Answer: Sunder
Z. His tie is awfully fishy.
Answer: Bikini Joe Ld

Down:
1. He used to work for Windows, before he found his love for Pillz.
Answer: Matthew
4. He appears to be made in vain, for he betrays the same name as the painter that was paid to make him.
Answer: Hikiyousan
5. Nobody likes a fine, especially if the fine in question is 30 watermelons!
Answer: Yookie
6. This young vandal won't be able to hear the Sentinel coming.
Answer: Graff

Now lets fill in the crossword:

***M*********
***Annuqa****
***T*********
PISTACHIO****
***H**I******
***E**K***Y**
*G*W*Rick*O**
*R****Y**Lou*
*Anakrohm*K**
*F****U***I**
*F****Sunder*
******A******
**BIKINIJOELD

But that still doesn't give us the answer does it?

Well... there's a good reason I asked you not to put in the S,O,L,V,E,I and T before. Do you remember where they were originally?

QUESTION 6 ANSWERS CONTINUED
67/87

Lets start with S, S was originally where the 'O' of 'Lou' is now, so lets make a note of that. S=O

Lets do that for the rest:

S=O
O=T
L=A
V=K
E=O
I=O
T=L

What does it spell? Otakool

Therefore the answer must be Otakool and we are led to believe that this was the hacker in the first place, if you've read Otakool's bio.

Answer: Otakool
(You'd think he'd have been smarter than to leave the Password as his NAME!)
68/87
Saturday 08/12/2012, 05:47

Question 7 is a very nice litte story, but...

ITS COMPLETE GIBBERISH!

90% of this question is simply meant to dissuade you from its actual purpose. The ONLY things that are important in this story, is the curse that's used on Carrotus and what Lost Hog says to Askai.

Lets look at the curse first: 43,61,6E,64,6C,65,73,74,69,63,6B

Baldovino calls it a 'HEX' and that's exactly what it is. Or rather, to be more precise, this is HEXADECIMAL code. I suggest a google for that, if you don't know what it is, but suffice to say, it's actually the format in which most of the programming is written in for Urban Rivals.

Now to what Lost Hog said to Askai: "Whatever the outcome, whatever may come, stay true to your code, and you've already won"

This is where I've been a bit clever. You see. using Askai as a character in this story is no mere coincidence, in fact I based the ENTIRE thing around HIM just for this very reason: See 'Askai' is a very similar word to 'Ascii', wouldn't you agree?
And THIS is ALSO no mere coincidence.

Could 'stay true to your code' refer to 'Askai's code' or rather... 'Ascii code'?

Well, yeah, you think I'd have mentioned all this if it didn't?

So... knowing that:

HEX=HEXADECIMAL and Askai's code= Ascii code, how do we break the curse?

Not curse, remember... HEX!

We break the Hex with Ascii code!

QUESTION 7 ANSWER CONTINUED
69/87

And here's why I mentioned you'll need to go outside of Urban Rivals for this particular question. That is, of course, unless you're fluent in Ascii code! I'm sure as hell not! So I'd need to look at an Ascii Table or better yet an Ascii translator.

Ascii Table: http://www.asciitable.com/

Ascii Translator: http://www.undermined.org/tools/computer/asciitranslator.php

And using either one of these websites. you can work out that by 'breaking' '43,61,6E,64,6C,65,73,74,69,63,6B' using Ascii code, we get the following translation:

C,a,n,d,l,e,s,t,i,c,k or Candlestick.

And THAT, by Jove, is the answer.

Answer: Candlestick
(Yes, you are NEVER too old to play Cluedo!)
70/87

Question 8 is a piece of cake...

Actually, its a preset... kind of wish it was cake now

25*s:
(A): R:-2op_1/P:3_2/C+3/-3od_2
D:R2/3: D:-2ol_2/P:2_4/A+12/-3ol_3

25*s refers to 25*s in a deck

(A): Refers to an ability because A=Ability. But not just any ability, one in brackets... what could that mean? Well, you could say it was kinda protected by brackets, so it must be Protection: Ability. Therefore we know we're looking for a deck with this bonus. Only one clan in the game with this and that's Skeelz.

D: R2/3: Refers to Defeat: Recover two out of three (pillz) Because D=Defeat R=Recover. Again, only one clan in the game with this bonus and that's Vortex.

So now we know we're looking for a Skeelz-Vortex deck. And the rest of the gibberish refers to the individual card's abilities. We know there must 4 in each half deck, because there are 4 abilities separated by / s.

R:-2op_1 is Chiara's ability.
P:3_2 is Greem
C+3 is Michael
-3od_2 is Redra
D:-2ol_2 is C Wing
P:2_4 is Cyb Lhia
A+12 is Dagg
-3ol_3 is Sunder

I could explain why, but... I think you can see why for yourselves. It's just a bit of an abbreviated code for each of the character's various abilities, much like SOA and SOB stand for Stop Opponent's Ability and Stop Opponent's Bonus.

Now lets actually MAKE that deck!

« Previous123456789Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals