A Murder Mystery (Win A Award Cr)

Tuesday 04/12/2012, 18:09
COLOSSAL-TCA - Novice English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
87 messages
COLOSSAL-TCA - Novice - Time Conquers AllEnglish - Tuesday 04/12/2012, 18:09

In the hectic run up to Christmas and the unexpected voyage of two infamous Clint City members, Copper has had his work cut out for him, down at the Clint City Police Department.

In his haste to be as proactive as possible through this busy season, Dayton has accidentally shred a very important document. This document is an Ancient Crime Statement, describing in detail, one of Clint City's first and most horrific murders. Copper, furious, throws Dayton out of his office and tells him to "Go bust a Montana or something'. For should this document not be remade, or redrawn, the Killer will be released of all charges against them. "And they were guilty as sin." Copper mused.

Horrified, he retrieves the poor strips of ancient parchment from the waste paper basket and glues them back together as best he can. But alas, its no good, the document is far from complete, whole words are either
illegible or entirely missing.

Copper, who was the officer who handled the report at the time, thought back to the interrogation he'd had with the Killer, how the killer had confessed to everything. He believed, even though it was a long long time ago, that he'd be able to fill in the blanks from his memory and remake this very important crime report. He stared at the few salvaged words:

(CONTINUED BELOW)
« Previous123456789Next »

71/87
COLOSSAL-TCA - Novice - Time Conquers All English
Saturday 08/12/2012, 05:47

And when you do, you'll get this deck: deleted

And hey, LOOK, they're all lined up in order like they were in the question... aren't I helpful?

The question asks for the title, so give the title as an answer!

Answer: Recovered Into Protection
(And don't feel like you owe me a green face)
72/87
Saturday 08/12/2012, 05:48

Question 9 is TEAR YOUR HAIR OUT IMPOSSIBLE!

It may not be impossible, but it IS by far the hardest in this little event. I'd made it, so nobody could get the completed crime report in so quickly. Look how that turned out, huh?

Had I given out enough clues for it, this question would have been a lot easier.

Tatane
Endora
Donnie
NIL
aee
nlh
oea
onn
kae
S
_u
__m
___s
____a
_____m
_____S
____c
___o
__t
_t
y

There's a good reason why its written like this, but we'll get to that later. First, lets start off simply:

At some point you've got to figure to go to at least one of these character's pages. But when you do, the answer doesn't lie in the bio, the artwork or even the comment's section and it sure as hell has NOTHING to do with current market value or anything to do with 'value' whatsoever. Most of you thought that this was the case (I actually tried to do a question in this
riddle on something to do with the market, but it was basically impossible, as the market is the most erratic and ever-changing part of Urban Rivals)

No, this has something to do with character's identification numbers(ids)... Its something you could only guess at, and you'd only EVER be able to guess, to get it. But like I said, I didn't want anyone working this out too quickly and this was meant to be my safety clause. With clues, you would have had no problem.

But all that's moot, because someone worked this out anyway, without clues.

QUESTION 9 ANSWERS CONTINUED
73/87
Saturday 08/12/2012, 05:48

Lets start with Tatane's id: 125

Then, let's go to to all the other characters mentioned and find their ids and write them out.

Tatane: 125
Endora: 294
Donnie: 667
Nanook: 126
Ielena: 296
Lehane: 547
Sumsam: 197
Scotty: 596

Now lets write them out as they appeared in the question:

Tatane:

Endora:

Donnie:

Nanook:

Ielena:

Lehane:

Sumsam:
_9
__7

Scotty:
__5
_9

Still nothing?

Ok, lets write them out in groups of how they appear:

Tatane: Endora: Donnie:
125:294:667

N1I2L5
a2e9e4
n6l6h7
o e a
o n n
k a e

S
1u
_9m
__6s
____a
_____m

_____S
____c5
___o9
__t6
_t
y

Are you beginning to see a pattern forming here?

Lets try and force them all together:

__________125 Tatane
__________294 Endora
__________667 Donnie
_________S___S
________c_NIL_u
_______o__aee__m
______t___nlh___s
_____t____oea____a
____y_____onn_____m
__________kae

I think we've just about cracked the code haven't we?

But we still haven't found the All Star yet.

Lets try going backwards, so the opposite of 125 Tatane would be 521 and the character that has 521 as an id IS: Aktara

Not an All Star but lets try the rest:

521: Aktara
492: Eklore
766: Dagg

Still no All Star, we've found a Leader though haven't we?

Lets try going backwards 'up the escalator', up rather than down.

So the opposite of:

N
a
n
o
o
k

Is:

Or 621, so the character with an id of 621 IS: Sliman

Lets do this for the rest:

621: Sliman
692: Pan
745: Veronica

QUESTION 9 CNTUD
74/87
Saturday 08/12/2012, 05:49

And STILL we haven't found our All Star...

Lets look at THIS again:

'Find the All Star by walking UP the stairs and following the Leader's example and going backwards. There are
no anagrams, only left to right, right to left, forwards, backwards, up and down, whether by escalator or taking stairs.'

Ok, so we know we have to go UP... stairs. What are those? We'll come back to this.

We've found a Leader, we did that by going backwards, so we can assume that to find the All Star we need to go backwards as well.

There aren't any anagrams, so we know there's no point in trying random combinations of numbers to get the answer.

To get Sliman we went up backwards, like an escalator. So perhaps 'taking stairs' could refer to going up or down diagonally?

So lets try that then:

The opposite of:
S
1u
_9m
__7s
____a
_____m

is
_9
__1

or 791, who's character id IS: Spudd !!!

Hey, alright, we've found the All Star. We can test this with the opposite of Scotty too which would be 695: Avola, not an All Star.

As Spudd is the only All Star possible, without trying random combinations of numbers (Anagrams), Spudd MUST be the answer.

Answer: Spudd
(And well freakin' done too)
75/87

Question 10 requires a keen eyesight...

You gotta love the attention to detail some of the Urban Rival's Artists put into our cards and question 10 is a perfect example of this.

Which card do you know, has performed perhaps the greatest crime of all time?

The key-word here is 'Crime'. The Montana clan tend to be associated with this, don't you think?

So of course, the answer lies in a very popular Montana card, Mona to be precise. And her level 3 art holds the answer.

But first, have a look at her level 2 art: http://s.ccdn.ur-img.com/urimages/perso/Montana/MONTANA_MONA_N2_STD.png

If you look carefully enough, you might be able to see that the painting behind Mona's back, is Leonardo Da Vinci's Mona Lisa (Perhaps the most famous painting of all time, and Mona's namesake)

NOW, lets look at Mona's level 3 art: http://s.ccdn.ur-img.com/urimages/perso/Montana/MONTANA_MONA_N3_STD.png

That's clearly the same painting, though you can only see the back of the canvas. And what's Mona holding in her hand?

A piece of paper? A 'card' of some kind? A calling card perhaps? Much like Batman's Joker' will leave a 'Joker' at the 'scene of the crime'.

If you can read what the card says, you'll see that this is ACTUALLY a 'Thankyou Card', because the card reads: 'merci', which of course is French for Thankyou.

QUESTION 10 ANSWERS CONTINUED
76/87

So....... 'She's pulled off the greatest theft of all time' (Stealing the Mona Lisa, which WOULD arguably BE the greatest theft of all time)

'And left a thankyou card at the scene of the crime.' Because that is EXACTLY what the card means... 'Thankyou'.

The answer, would be in the French 'Merci' had I not asked for the translation in English, 'Thankyou'.

So give me what I want and I'll thank you.

Answer: Thankyou
(And Merci to YOU for solving it)
77/87

Question 11 makes you feel like you're back in Higher Math class...

This was the easiest one of the bunch and was the last question I made. I wasn't going to include it, but I thought it was another great little piece of detail that the Artist added to the card.

Go straight away and have a look at Anton's character page.

There are two levels of artwork and both have 'equations'. The first can't be completed, because you can't see the entire equation. But (fortunately for you) I've only asked for you to 'solve Anton's SECOND equation'.

Here's the artwork: http://s.ccdn.ur-img.com/urimages/perso/Skeelz/SKEELZ_ANTON_N2_STD.png

The equation is really simple and though a calculator is recommended, its possible to do this in your head.

The answer is, of course... ONE.

Answer: One
(I bet you the first equation's answer would be ONE as well... somehow)
78/87
Saturday 08/12/2012, 05:50

Question 12 is 'A Question of Sport'...

See what I did there, wait... you don't live in the UK? Well that was a waste of a joke : (

This, again, just requires you to pay attention to detail. Go straight ahead and look at Dallas and Essie's character pages.

It doesn't matter which level of art you look at, they all contain the answers, with the exception of Essie's level 2 art...
'interestingly.'

Both Dallas and Essie each have a number printed on them somewhere and as the question already tells you: Dallas is 52 and Essie is 26.

So its just a matter of finding the All Star with the number 23. And I guarantee, you won't have to look for very long.

Eventually you'll discover that Mikki has the number 23 on both her level 1 and 2 art. Her level 3 art only slightly shows the '3' of '23'. There is NO other All Star with the number 23, so the answer must be Mikki.

Answer: Mikki
I can't believe you didn't get my 'Question of Sport' joke : (
79/87
Saturday 08/12/2012, 05:50

Question 13 is... unlucky for some...

But why should it be? If you've got this far, you already KNOW the answer. However, if you haven't correctly answered at least questions 4 and 12, then THIS question is impossible to answer without guess-work.

Lets write out what we've got so far on the Crime Report:

'At precisely 1310 on the 30/11/06, Smokey Cr brutally murdered Kate in the middle of Freaks Circus. According to Otakool, the accused had used a Candlestick to end the life of the victim, though this was never recovered from the scene of the crime. It will need to be Recovered Into Protection A.S.A.P. Allegedly, Spudd, overheard the victim saying Thankyou, after the Killer sold One Mikki to the victim for **13**. The Killer has confessed to the crime and will be banished from Clint City, after a fair trial.'

So... if the victim is indeed Kate, LETS SELL A Mikki TO HER!

(Actually, we don't REALLY need to, we just need a Mikki to 'pretend' to sell it to her, why make Kate richer... right?)

And a Mikki sells to Kate for 50 Clintz. Therefore the answer MUST be 50 Clintz.

Answer: 50 Clintz
(And the Kate, after gorging on Mikki and a million other cards, now hibernates in her accursed bone-yard for a thousand years, before being summoned once more to feast.)
80/87
Saturday 08/12/2012, 05:53

You should now have the completed 'Crime Report', which should look a little something like this:

'At precisely 1310 on the 30/11/06, Smokey Cr brutally murdered Kate in the middle of Freaks Circus. According to Otakool, the accused had used a Candlestick to end the life of the victim, though this was never recovered from the scene of the crime. It will need to be Recovered Into Protection A.S.A.P. Allegedly, Spudd, overheard the victim saying Thankyou, after the Killer sold One Mikki to the victim for 50 Clintz. The Killer has confessed to the crime and will be banished from Clint City, after a fair trial.'

And if you were one of the first few people to send this to me, well... you won something... Didn't you?

This concludes this event, I hope you had as much fun playing it, as I did creating it and watching you all squirm. I was worried about too few players getting involved, but those worries were dashed almost immediately. I, actually, couldn't have asked for a better turnout. I will close this topic after I've given some time to allow for further questions and/or misunderstandings from players.

Thank you all so incredibly much for playing, I remember everyone that gets involved in any/all of my events and I never hesitate to try and return the favour... somehow.

Kindest regards,

-C0L0SSAL

P.S: +1 Bonus points if you already figured THAT one out.

PPS: EXTREME THANKYOU TO ALL THE MODERATORS! (It has to be Caps)

« Previous123456789Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals