Pilzken

Pilzken
Monday 11/02/2013, 17:13
0 the oracle - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
22 messages
Pilzken
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open CasketEnglish - Monday 11/02/2013, 17:13

Mm... interesting card. looks very good on paper, kinda wish i looked at what the event was asking for. but it was so confusing.... read it like 10 times still not sure what I was supposed to do lol. oh well... here goes the review

on paper, 7/8 -4 power min. 5? thats kinda op! no doubt this could kill a LOT of Bangers and Ulu Watu. (talking mono environment)

lets compare to counterpart: Yoshida (leaving out Kerozinn Cr since different base stats). basically, Yoshida is better vs. 5-6 power, while Pilzken is better vs. 8 and up. I would say Pilzken is better overall, but Yoshida can be in half decks. i wouldnt recommend Pilzken in halfs.

in terms of competition, the only ones that are really threatening are emeth and Naginata (sorry Ray is just bad). emeth is elo banned, and Naginata: well.... would love to use both, but that would mean giving up on the pretty decent 4*s. if you like coin tossing, go for Naginata, if solid, go for Pilzken.

as for weaknesses, there are actually quite a lot:

1. protection: power
2. attack + power manip: Nellie, Herman, Prince Jr, Mona, Dreen, Tobbie, Havok, Haze
3. SoA, really this is the main one, and still a sustaining problem for La Junta. power/ attack manipulation on top of that would be a pain.
4. power reducers with lower min: Edwin, Trish, Dean etc.

this guy is an even match against most attack manipulations and All Stars.

Final rating: 9/10 Dont really know what to think of this guy, what do you guys think?
« Previous123Next »

2/22
DeepEnd - Imperator - Limit Break English
Monday 11/02/2013, 18:37

You forget that he can 1HKO, so power manipulators/SOA are not a total solution because opponent can still all-out fury to win unless you pill enough.

If you pill enough then you are on serious risk of being bluffed and rest of Junta will eat you alive.

Only things that really stop this card from being so badass are SoB and DR because they deny 1HKO and move the pressure to (hopefully) easier targets in Junta.

Also this card deserves special mention for being probably only card that is "Support" type and is very usable in halfdeck, even if it is only card of its clan.
3/22
Gipsy Joe - Titan - TrAitorzZz English
Monday 11/02/2013, 19:20

I mostly agree with your review except 1 thing: Ray is not bad.
Most reliable card in mono vs. SoA, and doesn't rely on facing SoA to be effective, unlike the Stop cards. The revenge allows for mindgames as well.
Rant over

Btw good review
4/22
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open Casket English
Tuesday 12/02/2013, 02:55

OHKO?!??!?? Pilzken is actually 7/6 lol, i just accounted the bonus in . sorry for the confusion. do you guys think he will be used? lets say in elo mostly. think he might face a ban
5/22
Fanta Pants - Guru - aussie crusaders English
Tuesday 12/02/2013, 04:27

I wouldn't call Ray bad by any means. He's different. Solid and playable without his ability.

As for Pilzken

I like this card really do. Brings down powerhouse card. Ulu are ripped up. Sting becomes laughable. E.C.T E.C.T.

Overall a very powerful card. Massive reduction to a good minimum. If it were any lower then it woul dbe a more poerful Rolph and lets face it we want to keep this card playable unlike Emeth.

Is he the best elo 5* the have? Debatable. You could use him Naginata or Ray. They are all valid choices. I'm using Ray at the moment, but will test him out in the future.

The only obvious weakness I see is power reducers with a lower minimum or power reduction + attack manip. But that can be played around. Also I'd play Ray in soa weeks.

As for a ban. Maybe on occasion but I still feel that the clan is let down by a lack of 3* cards that are above average and cards that can't win low pill rounds.

Maybe I'm wrong but they're my 2 cents
6/22
mahawirasd - Titan - Immortality English
Tuesday 12/02/2013, 07:01

Imho it's a good card. But it's not that OP - take into account lower powered -power cards such as Herman, Spyke, etc.
not to mention that min. of 5 means that most atk power manip clans could still compete (since their base powers are mostly 6 or 7 to begin with.

he's a threat, but he's managable
7/22
KitsuneKatsumi - Titan - XiongDang English
Tuesday 12/02/2013, 16:10

He's very solid but he does have some weaknesses in ELO. SOA and protection: power are both popular. His damage can be negated by DR and SOB. As a character he is probably on the same power level as Beeboy. He is like a 5* Buba.

Junta is not really a popular clan right now, so the more interesting question is what he'll do for the mono Junta strategy. Combined with Isatis and Sabia, it looks pretty good. Junta was many pieces away a few months ago. I'm not sure Sabia and Pilzken gives them enough, they might still be 1 piece away.
8/22
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Tuesday 12/02/2013, 17:32

Pilzken is a more solid Yoshida that has to be played mono. He'll be used, but IMO not nearly enough to face ban, since you have to play mono Junta to use him. He's a bit weak against SoA and does mediocre damage for a 5* vs SoB.

You might think that he's Junta's answer to high-power cards, but he has no synergy with his clan -- none of them can fight high power effectively, there's no decent SoB in Junta like FPC has.
9/22
KitsuneKatsumi - Titan - XiongDang English
Tuesday 12/02/2013, 20:38

Also, in additional to GHEIST and Roots, All Stars, Uppers and Montana are going to be a big hurdle for mono Junta to beat as well, especially since they have no Protection: Power and no commonly played SOB characters. All the AS can fight Pilzken pill for pill, and of course Harrow Ld, Alexei and El Gringo dominate him. Nellie and Herman are perfect counters to Pilzken. Montana has Desmond and Mona. Mono Junta cannot be top tier if they have no answers to All Stars, Uppers and Montana. It seems most of the commonly played clans in ELO have good answers to Pilzken. I think he is going to be a popular character but that difference between his min. 5 and Spyke's min. 4 is going to make a lot of difference against AS and Uppers.

As exciting as it is to have a "fixed" Spyke back in ELO (and Pilzken is certainly much more fair than Spyke), what pushed Spyke over the top was that he had Melanie and Elvis to cover his weaknesses. Wardog is not as good as Melanie and Bryan is not as good as Elvis. And I think the designers have learned not to give mono Junta that support.
10/22
Fanta Pants - Guru - aussie crusaders English
Wednesday 13/02/2013, 00:27

"None of them can fight high power effectively"

Really? Really?

That's about all they can do.

Thormund 11 power very good against high powered cards
Dean bring 9 power cards down to his level
Tolliver has 9 power
So does Isatis
Now Pilzken takes 11 power card down to his level

What they can't do is win a low pill fight.

« Previous123Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals