Eats my cpu up slowly...

Eats my cpu up slowly...
Tuesday 18/07/2006, 02:30
Tippsey - Master English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
8 messages
Eats my cpu up slowly...
Tippsey - Master English - Tuesday 18/07/2006, 02:30

Now I just noticed this clearlier that if left on for exteneed periods of time, urban rivals starts really eating into my memory, enough that my computer has to expand t's virtual memory. Now I didn't think much of it at first as that was only if I was running it overnight did i trully notice it, till about two days ago my computer actually warned me to stop playing! A little message came up stating that some code in the game could cause my computer to slow and eventually freeze. Now I'm not sure if the java one has the same problem but today while doing the tournament this evening it was eating 73% of my cpu! This put me into an almost state of shock as my computer plays such games as warcraft 3 and morrowind with no trouble. It's had no trouble with other flash games, even playing two at once so is something bad with the game?

2/8
Fraggle - Admin - Clint Staff English
Tuesday 18/07/2006, 06:25

From our testing, the game eat only 7% of the cpu of an athlon 1Ghz windows 2000. The memory usage can grow slowly if you
play because the game caches the player img, the card img etc... but that should not represent that much (5k-6k per image
max). Are you using the latest and greatest Flash plugin as well as Firefox? (Flash use the underlying browser for many things, it
can make a difference).
Anyway we'll take a look but for now in all our testings, it never happens (and we play a lot).
3/8
81ShawRaceEVO - Divinity - City Of The Gods English
Tuesday 18/07/2006, 15:00

Ive been playing for over 2 months and it aint done nothing to my comp
4/8
Tippsey - Master English
Tuesday 18/07/2006, 16:24

I use yahoo's internet explorerand I'll check to make sure my flash is updated as a few hours jumping it up several thousand kb is alarming. Could constantly refreshing the market while playing affect this?
5/8
AOD_CKANE - Imperator English
Tuesday 18/07/2006, 17:24

The flash game caches the entire 15X card collection?
6/8
Fraggle - Admin - Clint Staff English
Tuesday 18/07/2006, 20:00

No, it caches while you play, as needed.
Refreshing the market is totally separate.
7/8
AOD_CKANE - Imperator English
Tuesday 18/07/2006, 23:02

Tippsey try using firefox as explorer is a resource hog.
8/8
Tippsey - Master English
Wednesday 19/07/2006, 21:08

Hmm aye, I will switch my browser does eat a decent bit on it's own so it's probably just the browser.

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals