Evoing Properly

Evoing Properly
Monday 14/08/2006, 01:45
StormWhisper - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
12 messages
Evoing Properly
StormWhisper - Titan - Wise Men DistractedEnglish - Monday 14/08/2006, 01:45

Now I evo a lot, and I've seen all manner of nonsense in the name of Evo.

I understand that especially in tournaments you don't want to lose during an Evo match. However I also see a lot of people forgetting what the point of the match is. There's no ability to communicate between people so you have to actually consider your opponent when you're evoing.

Things not to do: I understand that people run completed characters. Maybe it's because they forgot to take them out, maybe it's to make sure that they have someone for their opponents to beat up and not have to pick and chose who gets xp. Whatever the reason there's certain characters to avoid.

1) Anything with a 7 or 8 power. (Vickie, Dorian, Wanda, GraksmxxT)

How exactly do you expect a 1 power character with 6 pillz to beat a 7 power character?

2) Groups of Sakrohm, Uppers, or Montana characters, or anyone who reduces Attack or Power (Estalt, Lost Hogg, Jackie)

All three of these groups have a bonus of - attack to the opponent. As if it wasn't hard enough for a 2 power character to beat someone, with their piddling 14 ATK you're going to take away half of it?

3) Lao, Don, Crystal, Copper etc.

I've lost more matches before their time because of 8 damage characters overpowering my character on round 2 and then doing 8 to me KOing me because the previous round I'd taken 4 or 5, and Lao in particular is dangerous if you're leveling fellow Fang Pi Clang members.

Characters that are a good idea to use as Evo targets (In no particular Order)

1) Uranus
2) Ricardo
3) Sigmund
4) Ninja Nyne
5) Vermyn N
6) Gina Glint
« Previous12Next »

2/12
TnC-Macthorpe - Imperator - Tea English
Monday 14/08/2006, 10:35

I understand what you're saying but what you have to remember is that a lot of people now are challenging EVO and then not playing EVO. I know I've made this point before. I don't particularly want to give people an easy ride when they... well it's not cheating but willfully negligent? Thats the way I have built my deck, so that when I come up against those kind of players I can give them the treatment they have earnt!
3/12
AOD_CKANE - Imperator English
Monday 14/08/2006, 17:39

Also I keep a full copper in my evo deck sometimes to give the other person a full 5 star to evolve his character. I play my Full's weakest to strongest. so it's up to the other person to pick a good card to fight against.

the xp is dramtically higher against 5 star cards...
4/12
StormWhisper - Titan - Wise Men Distracted English
Monday 14/08/2006, 20:55

And Copper is dramatically impossible to beat for most 1 Attack characters. If you want a nice 5 star for that purpose I recommend Chloe. She comes with the added bonus of knocking down some of your opponent's attack.

If people are challenging EVO and not playing it, I suggest you do what I do and keep a list of people who misbehave themselves and refuse any and all challenges from these people and warn others to do the same.

Sivori-Evo for example purposely cheated in the last round putting his lvl 2 Matthew up against my lvl 4 Bodenpower with pillz for the sole purpose of copying his Damage and trying for the KO.
5/12
Monday 14/08/2006, 23:35

Playing EVO doesn't automatically mean you get two and they get two. It is still a strategy game. If the person can beat you using the EVO rules better for them. They aren't cheating. You have a premade understanding that first person plays 6 pills to 1 and so on. Thats all that is agreed on. If you both have 3 maxed and one evo you evo the first two rounds then its all out competitive fighting -- thats a given. So you shouldn't be surprised if people play evo with strategy. Just out strategize them.
6/12
Tuesday 15/08/2006, 20:12

Actually, in proper EVO, you do try to give your opponent two wins. That's the point of it. If you want to play strategy use characters that reduce damage, while still giving your opponent a fair shake at beating them.

If you believe the point of EVO matches is to win, then you need to stop EVOing, because you've completely missed the point. The point is not to win. It's to level your characters and allow your opponent to level theirs. Pure and Simple.

No it doesn't "automatically" mean that. Stupid things happen. I've seen a 1 power character with the base 1 pillz steamroll a 7 power with 6 pillz. However you should out of fairness (yeah I know a word that seems to only appear in your vocabulary when it's convienient for you, I've seen your other posts complaining about ELO, yet you claim in the same breath here it's ok to go all out to win at EVO. This concept escapes me.. anyway), allow your opponent an opportunity to make up that win.

As far as 3 maxxed out turning up. What 90% of the EVO players (Including myself) do, is to EVO the one character, and then allow the opponent the other 3 wins. If it happens on both sides, normal EVO rules apply. If 4 turn up on one side, I've seen it go where they just concede the match and allow the opponent 4 wins, and I've seen it go to an all out fight. There's no "rules" governing this aside from your own sense of fairness.

However, EVO matches aren't about winning or losing. If you pay attention to how many BP you get from a EVO match where you don't level a character, and how many you'd get from just winning a normal match, there's about a 10-15 point difference in favor of a normal match.

On average if I don't level a character, I get 10-15 points if I win.
If I lose I get 7-10 points.

In a standard match, I get 30 points for winning.
I get 3-4 points if I lose.

If you can't accept losing an EVO match, then you don't need to be playing them.
7/12
Tuesday 15/08/2006, 20:18

And as far as the Sivori-Evo thing went. Let me help you understand how this went down.

Round 3. His evo round. He plays 3 Pillz (Including the base 1). Not 6, 3.

Round 4. I'm at 7 life, I forget what he's at, but Boden means I win. Whatever.
It's My evo turn. I play my character with 6 Pillz.

He does not play 1 Pillz as he should. He plays 4. These were NOT Maxxed characters. Bodenpower's max is 5. Matthew's is 4. So this isn't a question of two maxxed characters going at it. This is a question of Breaking the EVO rules.

Because Matthew's ability happens to be Damage: Opponent Damage, He copies Bodenpower's 7 damage, and gets the KO on me in Round 4.

Still want to claim he was using the EVO rules and winning by them with strategy?
8/12
SandyB - Novice English
Tuesday 15/08/2006, 20:39

Seems some people take this game too serious. I see kanes point (abit). It's a game. No onthe other hand if he's trying to win in what is a supposed to be a rigged fight then he's a loser. I'll wait for his response and let the judges ring in. LOL

btw, calm down.
9/12
Tuesday 15/08/2006, 20:48

I agree with JAW -- calm down.

I don't mean to be rude. But whats with all the attitude? And whats this about ELO complaining?

I don't want to start or continue a flaming war here.

All I mean to say is it's a game.

-EVO has no enforced rules.

You play it as YOU play it, and then you try to get other people to play with the way you that play it.

And about this Siv-EVO. So what. Maybe he didnt do the math, maybe he was hard up for clintz -- who cares!?

And last but definately least, I lose alot in evo -- it's part of the game.
10/12
crowley098 - Master English
Tuesday 15/08/2006, 21:51

I use Candy Jack, Matthew, Aldo and Melluzine in EVOs, people that challenge me often have Sakhrom Rares, which beats the cards that I want to level up. maybe I should save a deck to take back a win from them

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals