Challenge Window Suggestion

Monday 31/07/2006, 23:21
A Ravenshadow - Guru English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
12 messages
A Ravenshadow - Guru - The GatheringEnglish - Monday 31/07/2006, 23:21

I, and I am sure others too, am getting a little tired of people constantly challenging me who are several levels higher than I am with far superior cards due to the simple fact that they have been levelling longer than I have.

What I would really love to see when someone challenges me is their level after their user name or something, so that I can have some kind of idea how powerful this player is. A little icon of their flag might be nice, too.

I know that level is not a perfect indicator of the power of a player%u2019s cards, but it would at least give some idea how so how much better a player might be. Myself, I only challenge lower level players when I am using lower level cards to level them (thus my higher level is evened out by the fact that my cards are very low levels or brand new).

Any how, just a thought.
« Previous12Next »

2/12
SWiFTx - Veteran English
Tuesday 01/08/2006, 05:11

Great Suggestion.
3/12
TnC-Macthorpe - Imperator - Tea English
Tuesday 01/08/2006, 07:41

Can't agree with that one I'm afraid. I'm lvl 28 at the mo and if I challenge lower lvl players its because my deck is made up of unlvl'd cards and therefore playing against my 'Rivals' would mean that I never won a game.

At the moment as you can see I am using the EVO prefix/suffix to lvl them up and don't challenge anyone. The problem there lies with the fact that many newer don't understand the concept of EVO. They challenge and don't stick to the 'rules' I would appeal for a wholesale reading of the Masters Tips under 'Playing EVO' but I don't think it will happen as there aren't enough of us playing geeky enough to read the message boards let alone post everyday like what I does!
4/12
StormWhisper - Titan - Wise Men Distracted English
Tuesday 01/08/2006, 08:15

Mac if you're ever looking for an Evo, look for me. I'm more than willing to Evo, I'm only training 2 characters right now, and if none of mine show I'm more than willing to throw matches, so you can evo your characters. Just make sure EVO is in your nick, or that you put EVO in the challenge reason.
5/12
NN-K_Jun - Imperator - NASTY NOYP! English
Tuesday 01/08/2006, 09:36

FYI StormWind, you can only play EVO/ELO mode if you are level 20 and up.
6/12
Coure - Titan - FairPlayers English
Tuesday 01/08/2006, 11:39

"FYI StormWind, you can only play EVO/ELO mode if you are level 20 and up."

You're right about ELO, but EVO is a player choice play. Try reading, heh, the Master's Tips.

As for the level difference, once you get to a certain point it doesn't really matter what the level difference is. So long as you are not playing ELO, you will gain points and rank whether you win or lose (even if you don't play a character it gains XP) and there is a really good feeling at a lower lvl when you mange to outthink (or outluck) a much higher opponent.
7/12
MiLK.TnC - Veteran - Tea English
Tuesday 01/08/2006, 17:09

I think this topic has strayed fomr the point...

I too have noticed this, and was going to make my own topic is i hadn't found this one. I'm sure a feature like this wouldnt take long to intergrate into the game ( less time than the fair play idea anyway) and would make our lives so much... easier
8/12
Lonith - Hero English
Wednesday 02/08/2006, 18:41

That is a good Idea, but I've learned to ignore it due to the fact that I'm a Level 18
Imperator and when I was Level 10 - 16 Master I would challenge Level 35 players and win. It's not the lvl of the player but the cards and how they use them.
9/12
A Ravenshadow - Guru - The Gathering English
Wednesday 02/08/2006, 22:59

Oh, I know the level of the player is not everything, but it can give you an idea of the state of the cards the other player has. For instance, it is a good bet that a level 10 player will at least have half of their deck leveled and may have some new cards other than their starting eight. Players who are over level 20 should have lots of leveled cards.
10/12
TnC-Macthorpe - Imperator - Tea English
Thursday 03/08/2006, 08:30

By you're own logic does it not then follow that a lvl 30 player has more unleveled cards as well? At 28 I have 201 cards of which 108 are maxed out. In my 30 card deck I have 10 maxed cards and twenty I am leveling up. In my opinion one of the things I love about this game is that anyone can challenge anyone and have a chance of winning. Even if that chance is incredibly slim, it is a chance.
I cannot see that implementing this would have any positive impact on gameplay. It would merely increase the already high number of refusals higher level players get.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals