Players who let the game timeout

Thursday 27/07/2006, 11:51
Fraggle - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
14 messages
Fraggle - Admin - Clint StaffEnglish - Thursday 27/07/2006, 11:51

Will not receive anything anymore (either battle points, xp or anything).
We hope it will reduce the number of players with a "bad attitude".
« Previous12Next »

2/14
TnC-Macthorpe - Imperator - Tea English
Thursday 27/07/2006, 15:28

But Fraggle that means we'll have to find something else to complain about! I vote for players who don't answer challenges and yet seem to be able to avoid the inactivity detector!
3/14
husky1 - Novice English
Thursday 27/07/2006, 23:58

Yeah i hate people that let it timeout
4/14
PenPenEvo - Guru English
Friday 28/07/2006, 12:07

An idea which have been suggested in the french board is that when players let the game time out. A random card is played with 1 pillz.

could it be realised?
5/14
Fraggle - Admin - Clint Staff English
Friday 28/07/2006, 12:10

It's mostly the same as the bot..
It has issues in the excepted "flow" of the game.
Hopefully the last modifications will remove any interrest for the "timing out" players, but we'll obviously keep monitoring the game and improve
as necessary.
6/14
Zubbus - Veteran English
Saturday 29/07/2006, 15:14

Pardon me but that's not the answer because "did they pull out of the game to gain card exp?" is not the question. People pull out of games when they know they have a bad draw or when the game is already lost, leaving people who don't pull to suffer manipulated odds.

Sure ELO mode ban cards that are too powerful, but does this new measure do anything to ELO players who don't finish their games? Do they need the card exp or 4 Clintz?

The bandwidth usage of this game is minimal, and anyone today can afford a good connection. There's nothing wrong with giving a straight loss to anyone who doesn't finish a game for any reason.
7/14
Saturday 29/07/2006, 17:41

ELO mode timeout is punish also, there is a strong penality given at the end of each days for players who let the game timeout.
8/14
*TG*chronic - Hero English
Sunday 30/07/2006, 10:30

Really like wut kind of penalty. i hate people who do that. i can understand if you do it once or twice because you have to help your mom or the comp freezes but... some people do it all the time
9/14
Sunday 30/07/2006, 13:04

ELO rating is reduced by a number of points per timeouts (with a tolerance per day), points per timeout get higher with
the number of timeout per day. (classic penalities I have seen: 50 to 100 elo points)
10/14
StormWhisper - Titan - Wise Men Distracted English
Sunday 30/07/2006, 19:44

The problem that I'm seeing with Timeouts is often with people who've already lost that are trying to help their friends win. The two main tactics are to, a) Timeout at the beginning of matches, or b) just not answer challenges because they're idle (or pretending to be). Now B is harder to combat, but adding an idle time next to people's names could help immensely in combatting B. I mean even I have had to leave my computer for a minute or two.

The final tactic I've seen (and I see this one a lot more than timeouts these days) is slow play. People taking 4-5 minutes to make a move. Where when it's not tournament play I see these same people able to make moves quite quickly. The best way to combat this is to put a move timer on, give it say, 2 min (which if you've not made a move the computer will randomly select one of your remaining characters for you). If people are planning their strategies during their opponent's turn like they should be (It's what I do), or can't plan an opening move in 2 minutes, then they need help anyway.

This isn't a difficult game, and certainly not difficult enough that quick decisions can't be made. I mean you have a basic idea what your deck's going to do because you made it. It doesn't take long to analyze what you've got and what your opponent has and to make an opening move. These are the biggest problems I see and readily identify without speculation as to what's going on on the other side of the computer screen.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals