Too much cheating: ELO Tournament prizes are suspended
Wednesday 23/08/2006, 16:08
Fraggle - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
20 messages
Too much cheating: ELO Tournament prizes are suspended
Fraggle - Admin - Clint StaffEnglish - Wednesday 23/08/2006, 16:08

Hello,

Unfortunatly, there is too much cheating in the top of ELO, we are forced to suspend the prizes after August and we are also forced to cancel the new format.

Fraggle
« Previous12Next »

11/20
Fraggle - Admin - Clint Staff English
Wednesday 23/08/2006, 22:04

We will change the prizes attributions rules to make cheating useless.
We will let you know as soon as the details are availables.
12/20
white ninja - Master - THe Looneys English
Thursday 24/08/2006, 01:57

Alright.
13/20
biduin - Imperator - ELITE_LTU English
Thursday 24/08/2006, 04:55

I played today in ELO mode witj one player(Don`t remember his name)i Don`t know how did he do that?
He had al lvl 5 cards and all of them where on maximum lvl so what happened?
Ihad ranking 1050in elo and after the fight i already had 980!!!

so how about a new rule to the cards

How about that in tounament you can only have lvl 3 cards?
14/20
TnC-Macthorpe - Imperator - Tea English
Thursday 24/08/2006, 10:07

You could quite concievably have five lvl 5 cards one lvl 2 and three unelvolved cards at lvl 1 (5 5 5 5 2 1 1 1=25). Then just get lucky!

Limiting the lvl of cards would do nothing to improve the ELO system. Only half the skill of the battles is in the fighting the rest lies in deck construction.
15/20
AoD-Tyger-EVO - Imperator - Army of Darkness English
Thursday 24/08/2006, 10:22

As for the timing out problem... simple solution: time out = loss.
Purposeful losing is more difficult. Perhaps setting up ELO rankings in a ladder format, or setting it up so that top players can only play vs other top players a set number of times per day.
16/20
biduin - Imperator - ELITE_LTU English
Thursday 24/08/2006, 11:21

I know about it TnC-Macthorpe but i played with him 2 times and he had diffrent cards but they where 5 lvl so is that fair?maybe he used bug?
is that possilbe?
17/20
Kedanna - Titan - Immortals Souls English
Friday 25/08/2006, 03:15

Weeky? I don't like the idea of weekly elo wins, espaclly with how easy it is to lose points when atlest to me, the gains always seem so small. The other day, I lost close to 60 points in 2 games. That's a lot, even in a monthly thing, espaclly when you only get like 10 points a win. I admint I timed out once *I think it was once once, any more then that would be a surpize to me* in a elo match, and I think it should have just counted as a win to the person I timed out on. If 'timing out' is the cheating problem, that would fix it. Someone else said that players have their friends lay down for them to get a easy elo win, well yeah that's going to happen no matter what, but unless both players have high points, you're looking at 1 point per win. If you want to sit down and play 100 games to get 100 points, you have no life. OLA-Dadoo called me a cheater no idea why, but it was uncalled for.
18/20
Friday 25/08/2006, 06:18

If you timeout-ed just once in the day, you haven't be penalize.
If when you are high rating, you play agains't low rating and you lose, you'll lose a lot of rating, that the whole idea of ELO.
Timing out is NOT the cheating problem (and when people time out, they do that to prevent their loss, not your win).
Anyway, please wait and we'll give out all the details of the new format. The main idea will be to give away the prizes more randomly
than the 3 top players (wich would be cheating).
19/20
Kupofather - Imperator - Moogle Mafia English
Friday 25/08/2006, 14:41

Ive timed out a few times. But never on purpose. I just surrender if im pressed for time, know im gonna lose the match and half to leave right away. I usually timeout on accident, the other player is taking too long and i start doing other stuff, by the time i remember i was inthe middle of a game its too late LOL
Question: When giving a proposal, if i get the message "So and So has accepted" but inever click on it til like 10 minutes later and it says "game no longer exists" does that count as a timeout for me?
20/20
Friday 25/08/2006, 14:43

Answer: no, it won't count as a timeout.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals