Timing of abilities and bonuses

Thursday 16/11/2006, 15:35
cBp_Fojtik - Legend Česky

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
12 messages
cBp_Fojtik - Legend - Czech Beer PowerČesky - Thursday 16/11/2006, 15:35

Have some questions about timing of abilities and bonuses. Whose ability or bonus is faster - attacker or blocker?

For example: fight between
Vladimir(ability -5 opp attack min 1, bonus Stop opp ability)
and
Jackie(ability stop opp bonus, -10 opp attack min 3)

When Vladimir is attacker and Jackie is blocker - gain Vladimir ability -5 opp attack min 1 or not? And is it different when Jackie is attacker and Vladimir is blocker?

Can be ability of Leader nulified by stop opp ability or stop opp bonus? For example Hugo with ability 6 team attack (give he this 6 attack to himself?) - can be this ability stopped?

If I have 2 Hugos, will be their ability canceled? And if not, will be cumulative? ( 12 team attack)
« Previous12Next »

2/12
Morder4Life - Senior English
Thursday 16/11/2006, 15:52

First, Jackie's ability is stop opp ability.
I do not know the answers for your first questions.
But, if Hugo is playing Vs jackie, the ability gonna stop for this fight.
And about the 2 hogus question, if the bonus of the leaders active the same as anothers, you should get your 12 attack.
Wow old deck with only hugos XD
3/12
6SimS-Sven - Guru - UTOPiA English
Thursday 16/11/2006, 17:25

Nope leaders are exception----->i saw some people with 2 max Vansaar and still hope to draw those cards at the same time will nullify ability and activate bonus "cancel Leader" try it!
4/12
Fraggle - Admin - Clint Staff English
Thursday 16/11/2006, 17:43

2 leaders (same or differents) will not activate their Leader ability.
Leader abilities are not affected by "stop opponent ability".
Hope this help
5/12
AOD_CKANE - Imperator English
Thursday 16/11/2006, 18:49

As I understand it,

Negating Bonus/Ability (No bonus, No Ability ones) happens before a regular bonus ability. Then the Regular Bonus/Ability happen at same time (the math evens itself out).

In general niether Bonus nor Ability happens "first".
6/12
cBp_Fojtik - Legend - Czech Beer Power Česky
Friday 17/11/2006, 08:09

Ok, thanks. Now I know how it is with leaders.

and now about fight between
Vladimir (ability -5 opp attack min 1, bonus Stop opp ability)
and
Jackie (R)(ability stop opp ability, -10 opp attack min 3)

When Vladimir (U) is attacker and Jackie (R) is blocker - gain Vladimir (U) ability -5 opp attack min 1 or not? And is it different when Jackie (R) is attacker and Vladimir (U) is blocker?
7/12
Friday 17/11/2006, 16:45

I think they both lose their ability and Jackie keeps her Bonus.

This may look like ability comes first, but I think what is happening is that each card is evaluated parallel to each other (at same time) and then the numbers are compared.
8/12
Dr.Ido - Legend - Clint Staff English
Friday 17/11/2006, 17:05

CKANE is right, each card is evaluated parallel to each other, and he's also wrong, Validimir would keep his ability in a fight against Jakie with both bonus active.
What happens is that we look at each bonus/ability independantly and check everything related to it.

For Vladimir ability. The game checks if it's blocked (Yes it is, because of Jakie's ability) and then it checks if Jackie's ability is blocked (yes it is, because of Vladimir bonus) and so it checks is Vladimir's bonus is blocked or not (no it's not) so Vladimir's ability is activated.
The same is done for all bonus and abilities.
I hope this helps.
9/12
Friday 17/11/2006, 21:00

OK, so they nullify each other. That was another option that I thought of but went on the negation side to be safe.
10/12
CitizenHK - Imperator English
Saturday 18/11/2006, 06:18

How about ability stop opp ability , Bonus -opp dam
vs
ability stop opp bonus

will the ability of the later be stopped?

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals