Too much cheating: ELO Tournament prizes are suspended
Wednesday 23/08/2006, 16:08
Fraggle - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
20 messages
Too much cheating: ELO Tournament prizes are suspended
Fraggle - Admin - Clint StaffEnglish - Wednesday 23/08/2006, 16:08

Hello,

Unfortunatly, there is too much cheating in the top of ELO, we are forced to suspend the prizes after August and we are also forced to cancel the new format.

Fraggle
« Previous12Next »

2/20
2cool - Master - --[*Urban dudez*]-- English
Wednesday 23/08/2006, 16:27

What cheating
3/20
biduin - Imperator - ELITE_LTU English
Wednesday 23/08/2006, 16:45

Like letting time out

Yep i thimk there is too much cheating i palyed with one player he had 1350 points when i was nearly to win he let time out then i played 2 more times and he letted time out again=[

how about that to add elo system such update

that every to lvl up elo ranking you only need to fight vs urban-rivals stuff?
after battle they`ll give you some points maximum would be 10?
4/20
das-ushigo - Divinity English
Wednesday 23/08/2006, 17:13

Some players also cheat while letting gain a person of its guild
5/20
AOD_CKANE - Imperator English
Wednesday 23/08/2006, 18:19

Need to penalize players for timing out. simple as that. doenst have to be a negative could simply be if timeout then that match never existed.
6/20
StormWhisper - Titan - Wise Men Distracted English
Wednesday 23/08/2006, 20:55

The match never existing is also punishing the person who got victimized. I think the fairest thing to do since it seems to be a rampant problem is to add the restriction that you must have at least the green Smiley face to play in EVO. (Ie a Fair Play Rating), or since this is supposed to be the ultimate in strategy, even go as far as "Extremely Fair Play" rating. (Ie no timeouts). Since the meters do roll back (I got green once because I wasn't paying attention and let a match time out) after a time in the case that someone had a bad connection.

And since you can pretty much prove these people are purposely doing this, DQ them. All of them, for the entire next month.

It's not fair to the few players who have been playing fairly to get penalized because other players feel the need to exploit the system to win.

This is your game and if you want to stop cheating you have to enforce strong policies that discourage cheating. (cont).
7/20
Wednesday 23/08/2006, 21:02

You can't just dance around the issue and wave your finger at them and say "You better stop that." You have to be strong, forceful, and outright state you're not going to tolerate it. That's the level that every other successful CCG has gone.

Vs System, controlled by UDE for example. When cheating was suspected (it was more or less proven after a week long investigation.) The player who was determend to have been cheating was suspended from all tournament play for 3 years. This person was considered to be an inspiration in his country up until this time and was more or less a celebrity within the game. That didn't stop them, and it shouldn't stop you.

Rules need to be set down and penalties need to be stated and adhered to. Otherwise this foolishness won't stop. Just removing the format won't stop them. They'll continue to cheat in the tournaments. You have to put your foot down and stop them.
8/20
Dr.Ido - Legend - Clint Staff English
Wednesday 23/08/2006, 21:07

The cheating wasn't so much about timing out. The main problem is players letting one guy win against them in order to place him in the top of the rankings. Too many of the ELO matches were fixed. Timing out is also an issue of course, but not the worst thing that happen during the tournament.
9/20
Wednesday 23/08/2006, 21:20

And like I say, the people that are doing this as well as their co-conspirators need to be DQed from all ELO (and possibly as far as all tournaments) for a month. It sounds harsh but it'll get the message across that cheating, in any form, won't be tolerated.
10/20
VanillaMummy - Master - The Gathering English
Wednesday 23/08/2006, 21:37

I don't think banning them for a month is too harsh whatsoever. They should actually be banned for 2 or 3 months.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals