Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

How about limiting the time for each turn???

Tuesday 30/05/2006, 16:16
freshcat - Veteran Deutsch

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
8 messages
freshcat - Veteran Deutsch - Tuesday 30/05/2006, 16:16

Only one wish regarding this game: speed it up! After all, it's not chess, you can think quicker than that! Please include some way of limiting each player's time in each turn. Nice game otherwise

2/8
Dr Ido - Master English
Tuesday 30/05/2006, 16:38

Maybe you're not aware of that, but an important number of the other players are using the mobile version of the game, and mobiles phones internet connection are not very fast and often failed, thus the delay.
3/8
Z Earth - Senior English
Tuesday 30/05/2006, 19:01

And to be precise, there is a time limit of 4 minutes to play for each turn.
(might be reduced in the future)
4/8
Dume333 - Senior English
Saturday 03/06/2006, 18:00

I don't think there should be a time limit at all becouse
some people have realy slow computers.
5/8
crazykiller - Senior English
Monday 05/06/2006, 16:53

Eys but don't you think that there is people who just sit there eating up time to screw other peopel over during tournaments just because they can, because i don't wanna lose a point but tehn again i don't wanna sit there for 4 minutes
6/8
AOD_CKANE - Imperator English
Friday 09/06/2006, 19:12

I like the timing. It IS chess. (even a bit harder due to so many combos and variables). Siking out an opponent (so that they say screw this and leave) is a very real and valid tactic. Leave the time limit where it is (4 min). it;s perfect.
7/8
razorborne - Imperator - Army of Darkness English
Monday 19/06/2006, 03:50

I disagree with viva. Siking out an opponent is just being a jerk. yes,
you could make the fight take over 16 minutes, but if someone did that
to me, I'd probably come straight to the boards (or at least message
my guild) and say "Don't fight this guy. he's a jerk." Or I might use
more colorful language, depending on the situation. I don't support
lowering the time limit though, because some people have slow
connections, and getting a few jerks who may or may not exist isn't
worth making the game innaccessible to them.
8/8
TnC-Macthorpe - Imperator - Tea English
Monday 19/06/2006, 10:38

Waiting out a fight like Orlolro does is especially annoying during tournaments. If like me you can sometimes only be on for an hour of a tournament and you want to leave yourself in a strong position to be in the top 50% for a credit. Then you try to fit in as many games as possible. It's happened to me a few times when I have been just top 50% but also once when I was pushing for a top 3 finish with fifteen minutes to go(pre new tourney rules). I ended up shouting at my monitor and cursing my opponent (literaly with bones and the blood of a young dear!). Razorborne makes a good point about slower connections. I say leave the time limit as it is.

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals