ELO time-out question ??

ELO time-out question ??
Tuesday 04/07/2006, 22:35
Scooter - Hero English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
7 messages
ELO time-out question ??
Scooter - Hero English - Tuesday 04/07/2006, 22:35

I just started in ELO and I was about to win a match, when my opponent timed out. I noticed my ELO rank didn't change and I assume his didn't either.

If ELO is supposed to be the more strategic mode for the best players, how could this be allowed to happen? Or is it actually a "strategy" to time out when you're about to lose?

Am i wrong about this? I hope I am. If you can just time out to save your rating, that's just plain ridiculous.

2/7
Fraggle - Admin - Clint Staff English
Wednesday 05/07/2006, 17:20

This is a sensitive subject.. because timeout can -really- happen for a
mobile player, but we have a system in place that will inflict penalty if
too many timeout in ELO are happening with a specific player in a short
period.
Also, we expect people in ELO to spot out the "bad sheep" and avoid
them..
3/7
hudy - Master English
Friday 07/07/2006, 08:25

Unfortunatelly it is not only ELO staff. it happens everywhere around the game.

I played player Called PauFouf or something like that. He put all in one card, lost and? time out
I lost everything and he is laughing of me right now
4/7
Friday 07/07/2006, 15:47

You shouldn't have lost everything, if at least round 1 has been played, you should have get character experience anyway.
Timeout in ELO is very wrong because players use(d) it for rating protection. In normal game, it's less a matter because you'll still get your experience.
5/7
AOD_CKANE - Imperator English
Friday 07/07/2006, 16:47

Time to rethink your ELO system.

If anyone can exploit a hole without much technical merit then it's considered a severe security breach (at my job atleast).
6/7
Saturday 08/07/2006, 06:53

There is already a system in place to penalise players who do "rating
protection".
7/7
xylitolian09 - Master English
Saturday 08/07/2006, 12:02

I have experienced the same thing at least 2 times tonight if not 5! it is the higher players doing it when they try a lower placed person like myself (senior level 7) and they don't win 1st round outright they just close the window or let it time out, and it isn't because they are mobile as they make their first choices fast enough!

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals